07 Mar 2014

06 Mar 2014
30 Dec 2013
30 Dec 2013
30 Dec 2013
29 Dec 2013
slammed, Dec 29, 2013
    • slammed

Fuck, you know, I really cant get over this. Bragging, actually BRAGGING, in PUBLIC, on a HOT ROD forum about not giving a shit about performance... SWEET JESUS!! After reading this thread, I feel like I need a goddam shower...
      A member's quote that has been on many 'time outs' yet avoid the BANNED list.
    • slammed
      Some of us on here, a very few, are still hot rodders. As for being a "traditional" hot rodder as defined by most of the members on this forum, I don't see anything traditional about it, and a lot of you, well we aren't even in the same hobby...
      Joe civilian doesn't even look sideways at my daily,and the rod-a-billies look down their noses at it. But it will flat bury 90% of the cars on here, and when I poke the pedal, it gives me satisfaction that the 90% of you will never know about, and my guess is, never have known about. Its called "driving a hot rod" with the emphasis on the DRIVING, not "being seen in". Don't really give a shit about the latter, to be honest. Funny thing is, by my standards, and the standards of most of the guys I hang around with, it isn't even that quick.
      When my '39 is finished, I'll be freshening my FE, adding a set of CNCed Rabotnik heads and a tunnel wedge intake, and dumping it in the O/T (oooooh the shame....:rolleyes:) '65 falcon I just bought, and that will be a honest 9 second street car. Even the '39, which is 101% period correct, right down to the cam profile, should run 13's, just like a REAL (notice I didn't say "traditional", that word doesn't taste right in my mouth after reading through this steaming heap of poser dung) hot rod should have in 1961.
      I don't buy this "I've outgrown performance" bullshit, I'm 55, Larry T is older than me, I've seen Hotroddon's convert on here, and I know he's older than me. My guess is, most of the guys that are 'bragging" (seriously, guys on a "traditional" hot rod site BRAGGING about not giving a shit about their cars performance, KEEERIIIIST! is THIS what this place has come to??:eek::confused:) have never owned a car that would generate a 12 second time slip in their sad little lives, and really don't know what they are talking about.
      As to the O/P, Performance is only dead here on the HAMB. On every other forum I am on, its primary, and the "look at me" guys are shunted off to the side. this is the only place where that is turned on its head.

Highlander still gets it in his gut, he just doesnt know it yet. Once you've danced with the devil, you always go back...

Last edited: Today at 5:07 PM The idiot is 55 years old and not one car on the road pre '65. One way street for the 'Just for Men' poster child w/dyed black hair, no rock star, no artist no one famous. Just a motor mouth wired on coffee & Viag.
    • slammed
      DRama Queen makes another stellar derail post on some one else's thread. POOP is what he fling's: Here is George in action folks~~~~~~
      Uh...you said the term didn't exist.[​IMG]
      well, nice try. You didn't read it closely enough before you posted, did you?
      HERES what I said "The word "gasser" as it is used today didnt even exist". Just suck it up and admit you went off half cocked, and we'll call it good.:p I had to bold it after your post, as clearly, you weren't paying attention the first time...;)
    There are no comments to display.
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.