Register now to get rid of these ads!

'47 Mopar Woodie

1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe Station Wagon (woodie)

Filters:

Type:
Video Uploads x
Remove All Filters:
x

No media has been added yet.

JG-Man, Jul 22, 2020
    • JG-Man
      So far I have concentrated my efforts (&$) on the mechanicals. Plugs, wires, points, vacuum advance, engine oil, oil bath, new 1 barrel carb (2nd time was the charm), fuel filter, wiring (some of it), Columbia overdrive unit, all front suspension and steering bushings, broke some bushings over railroad tracks so got new springs and spacers, 2 shocks, brakes were OK!, parking brake cable adjusted. restoration of original front seat springs, stuffing and vinyl, restored original spare tire compartment in seat (with relocation of original spare), then covered seat surfaces with custom plaid seat cover to sit on. Tracked down some Ash wood and made piece of wood that was missing to match the grain. Restored a Firestone heater (resto-modded). She is now ready to roll but COVID-19 arrived! Needs new tires and a rear spare if I want to go on a tour - which I do. Next up restore & PROTECT THE WOOD! Wood is 90% original and has "patina." At least you can tell is real wood that way.
    • JG-Man
      Oh yeah, some exhaust pipe sections had to be replaced too. Put on a period style chrome exhaust tip, which had to be customized with a dog license tag of all things - Hey, it was the right size to fill the hole and the copper metal looks complimentary.
    There are no comments to display.
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.