Register now to get rid of these ads!

289-302-351W Swap mounts

Before and after pictures Motor mounts used are ANCHOR/Duralast 2725 and 2726 available at Autozone.The transmission mount is # 2253

JeffB2, Aug 27, 2013
Joe Tx likes this.
    • JeffB2
      The reason for the slot allows for more adjustment,in several cases we found the studs did not align if not slotted back in the 50's there were no computers checking accuracy,also if you reverse the mounts side to side it can change the distance regarding block to firewall clearance, you will want the engine as close to the firewall as possible for several reasons. First the length of the SBF's will mean you need more radiator to water pump clearance (see "Sticky FAQ" for water pump options). Second having it further back makes for better alignment for transmission to cross member fit.
    • 48fordnut
      good info on a forgotten mt
      Sgt. John likes this.
    • triumphleroy
      Good information with great photos Thanks
      Sgt. John likes this.
    • Phillip M Rayer II
      Hey, JeffB2. I'm in Casa Grande building up a 54 customline coupe. Would be cool to connect and swap stories. Thank Phil
    • JeffB2
    • Kustomline54
      @JeffB2 Hey Jeff, was there any work needed to make the aod fit the stock trans crossmember? Like Drilling holes for the new trans mount? Any cutting or sectioning?
      Or is it that easy that the aod trans just sits on the stock trans mount.
      Thanks!
      Jon332 likes this.
    • BrettW_55Fairlane
      @JeffB2 I ran across your reply on another site and had to come here and make an account so i could see your build. i made a post on the forum about doing this swap on my 55. with the exception mines a 302/c4 with the possibility of using a t5 5 speed if its not to much of a pain to swap. thank you for the pics and info this is helping me big time with my swap.
      Jon332 likes this.
    • JeffB2
      @Kustomline54 Just some minor redrilling to line up the mount studs.
    There are no comments to display.
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.