Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929A Closed Cab Pickup.

Basket-case cab gets a new life.

gimpyshotrods, Aug 3, 2009
31chevymike likes this.
    • 31chevymike
      Your pickup looks KILLER, grabbing my attention with your quad headlight fabrication - looks great so far! I'm interested in doing the same thing with my '31 Chevy 5 window coupe. I would like to take my original '32 Ford truck grille, split it at the very top, then pull it outward a few inches at the top only. Fill in the gap, remove the original embossing where the emblem used to sit to smooth her up. I purchased a set of near perfect chromed Nash Ambassador headlight covers (2 lights vertical each) to install on the sides of the grille toward the bottom, making them "quad" and slanted at the same time. The inside of the grille would be a floating type. My brother is mocking this up on his computer and seeing your quad treatment, would this idea I have come to reality at your shop? Please let me know.
    • gimpyshotrods
      Ha. I wish I still had a shop. I went out of business a few years ago.

I ran into some serious medical expenses, and had to sell the business. Now, there is little chance of finding affordable shop space, and the wife will not move.
    • 31chevymike
      @gimpyshotrods Sorry to hear about your medical expenses. Really sucks that you had to sell your business. Is it possible where you live to have a garage and big enough to open your shop at HOME? Then again, you probably sold all/most of your equipment. Hopefully you have some equipment and tools so you can possibly continue at your home. It's something that I have thought about a lot. I'm JUST getting started. Bought a 30 gallon air compressor, basic air tools, all new hand tools and waiting to purchase a mig welder so I can FINALLY learn how to weld. Been renting my whole life, waiting for the chance to move into my own house - with enough space to build a BIG garage so I can have my own shop to play with!
    • gimpyshotrods
      I kept the welders, the small compressor, and the hand held tools.

I cannot work where I live. Garage spaces here don't allow work. Even if they dis, they cost as much as studio apartments in other cities.

I work at a friends house, in the next city over, when I need to. It's mostly outside, so it is tough to control welds.

I would move somewhere cheaper in a heartbeat, but the wife won't go.
    • 31chevymike
      Looking forward to seeing this wild build finished one day.
    • gimpyshotrods
      I am trying to get a friend to rent me one of here garages to work on it. Right now, it is full of junk, and not making here money. I can fix both of those problems.
    • 31chevymike
      @gimpyshotrods That's really good to hear! Hopefully he'll have that garage all cleaned out in no time! I'm renting my garage in an apartment complex. They DO NOT KNOW that I'm building mine. It's the electric that I'm concerned about. Are THEY paying the bill or I am... Not sure - I'm trying to be careful when opening up my garage so no one knows what's really going on.
    There are no comments to display.
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.