scrap metal 48

50's show rod 001

50's show rod 001
scrap metal 48, Apr 16, 2012
lothiandon1940 likes this.
    • a.y1320
      That is a really badass car.
    • banginona40
      hello Scrap Metal, I was wondering if you could share the chassis setup on your fendered 29 coupe? As far as front cross member, how many inch dropped axle and width, spring, tire height and anything else you remember? also, in the rear how much kickup and suspension? Maybe too, center cross member and whatever else? I'm planning to run fenders on my current build as I have all the parts and would love it to sit like yours. Mine, a 30 31 with a 4" chop will also be built in all it's patina'd glory.
      Thank you, Craig
    • scrap metal 48
      Hi Craig, I loved that coupe and wish I had it back.. The front suspension was a 46" wide 4" drop axle with a flattened mono-leaf spring.. Spring probably had about an inch bow after I had it flattened.. Tires were 5.60x15".. I never took the body off the frame and got creative for the rear end set up.. I used a spring behind axle set up on an S10 rear end.. I then made a suicide perch to mount on the original rear cross member.. It worked really well and did not bottom out.. It had a large lowering block to get it lower and a more arched spring probably would have been better, however it still rode very well.. Here are the only pics I have.. Hope this helps and good luck on your project, Milo P.S. I'll send pics in a conversation....
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    my builds
    Uploaded By:
    scrap metal 48
    Date:
    Apr 16, 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.