Register now to get rid of these ads!
choptruck

...2nd grill attempt

...2nd grill attempt
choptruck, Aug 8, 2011
    • choptruck
      So long to the 49 Chevy grill. It had to be done, I seem to remember a couple of you fellas telling me the 49 might not let enough air flow through, and I said "Naaaah it'll be fine." Well I can't believe I know soooo much, but I didn't know I was gonna torch my 305 coming back from Rust Revival. Maybe I should listen to other people sometime and stop talking for once. Anyhow, this should do the trick. Kind of a tribute to the late 40's/early
      50's customs. It needs some chrome, and a bead around the surround and it should be good.
    • Chuck-A-Burger Ryan
      Daaaaaaaaaamn Rick! That looks waaaaaaay better! Love it!
    • DirtyDan
      Looks slick, nice work. Now people are going to ask what year Buick it is though :)
    • choptruck
      SEE RYAN I KNEW IT!!!!!!You guys hated that grill from the beginning!!!
    • choptruck
      Thanks Dan. Yeah you're right, maybe I should make some some portholes!
    • Chuck-A-Burger Ryan
      I didn't hate it, just thought it was a little " small" for that front end. Haha but you hit the nail on the head this time!
    • THR1LL3R
      Art deco, flows nice with the hood. The chevy was smallish IMO...
    • shainerman
      Im for it. Thats funny thats what happened. I remember us having that conversation the first time you cruised it with the little grille up to CAB. You were confident, haha, "itll flow just fine"

Are you going to find some trim to surround the new opening
    • roadworthy'49
      looks good man, flows nice
    • braindamage
      Looks good has that early Barris look
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    My album*
    Uploaded By:
    choptruck
    Date:
    Aug 8, 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.