Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Bo Laws, Florida Champion Drag Racer R.I.P.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakespeed63, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Kelly Laws Zackey posted on FB today. Wanted to share with this forum.
    Bo was a force to be reckoned with in his day. Feel free to do a search on his accomplishments
    “I wanted to let everyone know we lost a Racing Legend today. To many he was "Just Plain Bo" as the articles used to say.... He was the Best of the Best and the most humble man anyone could ever meet. If he shook your hand on something you could take that to the bank.
    Please know that when you hear a rumbling in the clouds after this morning... its not Thunder... its that perfectly tuned Bo Laws engine that he just built for all those legendary racers up there!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear that, I remember reading about him a lot back when I followed drag racing pretty close.

GordonC, jakespeed63 and loudbang like this.
  3. loudbang

loudbang

Well this month certainly has brought a LOT of posts like this. :(

Mr. Laws was one of the Hot Rod hero's I followed in my younger years. RIP BO

4. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Rest In Peace.

Thanks for the memories.

loudbang likes this.

5. RIP Bo.
    Won many dirt late model races all over west coast in early to mid 80,s with a Bo Laws alcohol carburetor. Thanks

loudbang and jakespeed63 like this.
  6. No doubt, and on Friday the 13th, we lost Jim Pace to Covid related disease. Incredible IMSA driver and champion human being. only 59 years young

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  7. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RIP.

loudbang likes this.
  8. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Condolences to friends and family. Still using his carb parts in my drag car.

loudbang likes this.
  9. catdad49

catdad49

This has not been a good year in any way. RIP, Hot Rodder!

10. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My condolences to his family and friends!

loudbang likes this.
  11. From a FB Post by BLP... “It is with deep sadness we announce the passing of our Founder, Mentor, Father figure, and one of the most sincere people ever to have graced this earth.
    Harold "Bo" Laws passed on this day and is survived by:
    his wife Barbara and four children, Carol, Kelly, Mike, and Vicki. Our prayers are with them through this trying time.
    Bo Laws began his business in 1965 as an automotive repair shop named Bo Laws Automotive. By 1970, the small firm grew to five employees successfully tuning and race prepping Corvettes and muscle cars, quickly advancing his expertise to building drag race engines.
    In 1973, Bo purchased an old building at 1015 W. Church Street that had been condemned and was part of an estate sale. The building was later expanded to 15,000 square feet and still serves as company headquarters, manufacturing racing products for customers around the world.
    Bo, also a very successful drag racer in the late ‘1960s, won many NHRA National Events in the Street Eliminator and Pro Stock divisions. His combined success helped to propel the business and solidify his election into the NHRA Drag Racing Hall of Fame.
    In 1990 Bo sold the race engine building and speed shop portion of the business and retained the carburetor division, product development, and machine shop portion that became BLP Products, Inc.
    BLP continued to manufacture high-quality race engine components at the Church street location for many of the professional race carburetor builders and race teams around the world.”

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. reagen

reagen