Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "official" Lonestar Roundup Garage Crawl

Discussion in 'The 2024 Lone Star Round Up' started by hot-rod-1958, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Well boys and girls, it is that time again! The 2022 Lonestar Roundup Garage Crawl will be Friday April 22nd. We will gather at the Cabela's store located at 15570 South I.H. (Interstate Highway) 35 Frontage Rd, Buda, TX 78610. Plan to park on the north side of the building near the Maverick's Dance Hall. This is the opposite side of the building from the huge water tower. Members of the Buda Gearheads will be there to assist with parking and will help get you pointed in the right direction for departure.

Once you arrive you are within walking distance of several eateries near Cabela's. Taco Bell, Dan's, Whataburger and Cracker Barrel are all open for breakfast. We will not have a taco trailer this year. There are also several gas stations nearby.

This year I have six stops lined up so far. Some were brand new construction when we were in the area last time and some are much requested old favorites. There will be some way cool stuff to see. We will have the drivers meeting at 7:30 am and will depart immediately after that. Printed instructions will be passed out to drivers at the meeting. Be sure to have your gas tank full. Please note that not all stops will have a restroom so plan accordingly. I have mapped out and timed our stops to have you on your way to the Expo center before 12:00 noon.

Please note...even as we are experiencing low COVID infection rates in the area there may be some stops that may ask folks to wear a mask. Please comply and respect their wishes. Also note we will not be stopping by the Children's Hospital this year.

Things to know... There is no fee to attend the crawl and you do not have to be a registered participant of the 2022 Lonestar Roundup to come along. Everyone is welcome including well behaved children. Please NO PETS. There will be no room for trailers at the starting point so drive your vintage cars & trucks. In a rental car? No worries. I do ask that you follow at the tail end of the pack. If you have questions or require more information prior to the crawl you can reach me at... [email protected] or on my wireless at (512) 496-8658.

See you on the road!
    Mark Gustafson

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  2. 46stude

46stude

Awesome- thank you for organizing another one of these great Crawls. Hands down the favorite part of the Roundup for me & my wife.

A32Flathead and HunterYJ like this.
  3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Repeat offenders from Kiwi land will be back , as will a few other kiwi couples.
    Love the crawl . Mark there is only 49 sleeps till the crawl, incase you wanted a reminder.

Outback likes this.
  4. With the announced rescheduled dates for the 2020 Roundup the garage crawl will now take place on Friday September 4th. Details will be posted as we get closer to the event. Thanks for your many inquiries. Be safe and see you soon!

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok , we are repeat offenders. @Ryan gave us the heads up and we were left at the altar so to speak in 2020 for obvious reasons . As of today it appears we can fly international again , so what is the plan for 2022 roundup ,is it still happening. Just want to catch up with all our good buddies in TX I am getting the shakes from withdrawal symptoms . Yeah i know the website is up n running as usual but dang it all stuff changes so quickly .

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  6. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

7. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Below info is out of date. The crawl happens Friday April 22, 2022. See details above.........

buddyamigo likes this.
  8. Looking forward to seeing the 2023 one

9. blubomber

blubomber

Have fun and be safe girls and guys! Wish I was going with you. We do not have road trips in this neck of the woods and very few swap meets, perhaps three.

10. Huge thanks to Mark and team for all the hard work putting together this year's Garage Crawl. It was fun, and we got to see some cool stuff.

buddyamigo likes this.