Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Holley 94 Jeting Model A Banger

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kjell Elias, May 6, 2014.

1. Anyone know what size Jets to run in my 94? relativly stock engine, .90 over pistons, header and intake homemade, 1 holley 94 and a magneto for the spark..

[​IMG]

2. No, but nice looking set up you have.

3. hehe :) thx! :D

4. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

One of the neat things about 94's is the price and availability of jets.....
    most stock flatheads uses 50s or 51s. At least that's what's in the vast majority of 94s I take apart. I might start with 50's and see what the plugs look like then go down from there.

I use 48s on an 8ba with two carbs so I wouldn't be suprised if that's about you end up on your banger.

Don't forget the power valve!

5. What powervalve do you guess im going to need? im not exactly an expert when it comes to carbs.. :p im running 54 now i belive... waaay to rich.. :p

6. 10259034_665676163479681_559541359926462503_n.jpg it does run tho! :)

7. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

I think your mistaking the power valve for the jets based on your mentioning "54" and "waay rich".
    The jets are located in the float bowl and come in pairs and yes...54s would be like dumping gas through a garden hose. Try 50's and work down from there.
    The power valve is located under the float bowl and can cause serious problems if it leaks, so make sure you check it. Standard PVs are typically 7.5 but the amount of vacumn your engine makes is the determining factor so you need to put a vac gauge to the engine first.
    The power valve is there to add a slight boost during heavy acceleration such as passing or climbing a grade and opens/closes based on vacumn. By eliminating it you'll find the engine has a slight lag when you jump on it. Lots of guys compensate for this by re-jetting but that effects either the low end or top end. I'd try to figure out the proper requirement and keep the PV functional.

I'd strongly recommend to check out the Holley 94 social group here on the HAMB. enough information there to turn a dead man into a carb expert!!!

94's are fun carbs to play with. Make yourself knowledgable about them and discover how simple they are and how versatile they can be.

8. enriq49fordf1

enriq49fordf1

I'm roughly 5000' above sea level and run a 49 jet on a 8ba. Stock would be a 51 jet at sea level. Usually go a size down for every 2000' above sea level.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Kjell Elias likes this.

9. I know the jets are in the float bowls and the power valve is in the botom of that from the underside.. and yes, 54 is the jets im running now, so 49 og 50 would be ok? :)
    I will do my best to figure out the PV and do some more reading :) i love the carb other than this so.. :)

10. watch out on the seating of the power valve newer power valves have a different radius on the stem and will not tighten down without a thicker gask

11. Glenn Thoreson

Glenn Thoreson
    from SW Wyoming

I run 48 jets with a 6.5 power valve in my 8CM at 6,200 feet. A little lean until it warms up. Great gas mileage. I would supect the 48 jets would be about right in your setup with less engine cubic inches. Power valve would be a number 6.5 or 7.5, I think. If it seems too lean go to a number 50 jet. If too rich try a 46.

12. colinsmithson

colinsmithson

I used a 94 on my warm banger for about 5 years and loved it
    mains were 50s
    started with a 7.5 power valve but a banger struggled to open it too lean
    went to a 6.5 work great just a fraction rich but nothing I could not live with

13. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

I have 94's too
    Work well
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1400284405.055313.jpg

Posted from Austinrod