Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical **Spring has sprung, now get out and drive um..May 2014 banger Meet **

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, May 1, 2014.

1. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Do you have coolant in the oil?

2. Tedders

Tedders

This is my first four banger, 1928 RPU when I removed the rad I noticed oil coming out of the lower water pipe. The transporters couldn't get the truck started didn't understand advance spark etc and I'm concerned they have done some serious damage. When I drained the rad it smelt like gas figures it was the transporter flood the crap out of it. There is something in the coolant besides the green coolant

3. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Bangers are no different then other internal combustion engines. Oil in the coolant is bad. but if you don't have coolant in the oil, then there might be another cause for the oil in the radiator. Some people put oil in stock A's to lube the water pump. How is your water pump lubed? did someone over grease the water pump leaving a oil like sludge in your bottom tank?

Many things could have caused it. you aren't giving us much info. Diagnosis over the internet with out pictures or detailed descriptions could lead to costly unnecessary repairs.

4. Tedders

Tedders

I promise I'm not intentionally being vague, just don't know enough about them. I will try to find out more

5. Tedders

Tedders

Took another look at what drained out of the rad, it's thick and dark with a green tinge, looks like more oil then coolant in the bucket.

6. Tedders

Tedders

7. RussTee

RussTee

Tedders drain the oil and see if it has water in it it is rare to find oil in water you generally find water in your oil pushed out by compression.

8. Anyone knows what jets to run in my 94?
    0.90 over and relativly stock otherwice :)

[​IMG]

9. Model A Heads,
    I have 2 original Ford heads that came with my motor, the second spare head is a bit different and has "Ford USA" on the top and has thicker steel around the coolant holes, marked PN 101948. Also the distributor hole is a lot smaller in size?
    The head that came off the motor has no markings or PN, being a Canada motor I don't know if there was any difference or there should be a bushing.
    Both have a near identical chamber shape
    I would prefer the USA head its in better condition.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  10. I believe this is a question better posted on the Ford Barn.

11. Sorry all sorted, this diamond head will be used to build my hand grenade supercharged engine. Big chambers for more air and fuel to jam in :)

12. Well - had two weekends running away with the Tourer. After chasing down a mysterious air leak/bad coil/burnt plugs or whatever that's plagued me since last year, desperation in the rain caused me to throw a knackered old 94 on in place of the new 97 and…. back up and running.

Flag duty on the 1/8th mile drags at the Atomic Festival - took the chance to run against a few flatheads and surprised them…
    Gave Artiki the keys to take his old engine out for a drive.

[​IMG]

All banger road trip with Ratty is his A coupe. He also had his keys stolen by the Wrong'un…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last weekend we set off to the Orwell Bluegrass festival - seemed appropriate enough to turn up in a Model T. No pictures - spent all the time drinking, playing and chatting about Model T's and Steinbeck with a talented young band by the name of the Tumbling Bones.

13. Sure like the new format but it will take a little while for me to get dialed in !!

14. I downloaded the archive index from S O S S. There are many interesting articles and a lot of information there. It covers the recent history plus a lot of the earlier history and how to's of modifying primarily Ford 4 cylinder engines from 28 to 34. S O S S was started in 1992. If you have a question you can scroll down and possibly find your answer. Or at least what issue it was in then find someone that has a copy and ask. It is free just send a request to C Yapp.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  15. steve hackel

steve hackel

An open request...... Did anyone purchase a "T5, 4X4 trans to Torque tube adapter" a while back, and now have changed your mind or gone in another direction? ! ? If so, I would like to buy the adapter from you so I might finish my chassis and get things rolling this Summer. I am at the point of no return and need to cut the drive shaft & torque tube to fit up to the quick change and my T5-4X4 trans. Any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks.....

16. out plowing

out plowing

Who still makes them?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

[​IMG]

what cam / specs on this ? ... thanks .. steve

18. specs.jpg

19. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

thank you . just comparing ............ steve

20. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

In case anyone wondered what ever happened to the Dodge Bros. Zenon took these pictures yesterday

Attached Files:

21. Dustyp489

Dustyp489

Seadog :
    Great event pictures ! How may entrees did they have ? Was going to come down from Maryland but could not get my A completed in time ,maybe next year

Skip

22. RussTee

RussTee

Has anyone spoken to Dan Meceachern recently I have been trying to contact him?

23. He seems to be operating from his home, I tried the shop number over a couple of weeks and finally called his home number given on his current catalog and spoke to his wife and received an answer the next day.

24. RussTee

RussTee

Thanks Bill he does not seem to be checking his email.

25. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tore into a B motor that I had picked up awhile back. It was blowing by the rings and pressurizing the crankcase.
    As near as I can tell It has 392 hemi pistons. The block is .125 over. The pistons pop-up .090 above the deck.
    Anyone ever heard of this?
    I had a hemi and didn't know it....

26. I spoke to his wife on the phone then received an email from Dan answering my question. I received my new catalog after an email request earlier this year.

27. RussTee

RussTee

Picture 003.jpg Picture 004.jpg Picture 005.jpg Picture 002.jpg build of my tee motor for my roadster

28. RussTee

RussTee

29. RussTee

RussTee

my RP B motor A chassis now getting 32 grill overhead quickchange overdrive bent spokes winfield carbs two piece alloy sump hols2009 025.jpg

30. RussTee

RussTee

Hummm this new H.A.M.B. is ok at least I can post pictures now