Register now to get rid of these ads!

how much to cut?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Falconlvr, May 4, 2014.

1. Falconlvr

Falconlvr
    from Florida

Hello out there. New to this forum. Have a 62 Ford Falcon 2dr Coupe. Looking to lower the front 2inches by way of cutting the springs. How much do I cut? Already lowered the back 3in. with blocks. Thanks.:confused:

2. Veach

Veach

Say Man I'm not trying to be rude but it's your 1st post do an intro first and someone might answer your question. Just something short who you are what you drive and so on. Love Falcons

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

With the spring removed from the car, remove about half the amount of the drop you want. For instance, if you want to lower 3", remove about 1 1/2" inches from spring height.

4. Falcon Sprint

Falcon Sprint

Most everyone will agree to cut 1 full coil on a Falcon and it sits right and still rides fine. Anymore, it won't ride right over bumps.
    I cut 2/3 of 1 coil, but I also did the UCA drop of 1" which is highly recommended for handling. Both of those put the top of my tire exactly even with the bottom of the lip on the fenderwell.