Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical How do I get a Title for my 36 IH in WI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deerejohnb, May 2, 2014.

1. deerejohnb

deerejohnb

I have a 1936 International C-1 pickup that I bought from a guy in Montana. I only have a bill of sale and would like to get it titled in WI. Does anyone here have some advice on how to get it titled?

Thank you

2. deerejohnb

deerejohnb

3. badshifter

badshifter

Go to the source. Call your DMV.

4. 37RAT

37RAT
    from Wisconsin

I believe if you have a notarized "bill of sale" from Montana your able to apply for a title in Wi.

5. jesse1980

jesse1980

Write up a bill of sale from Georgia. They didn't have titles for cars until 1984. Just make sure the vehicle has been out of the system for seven years at least and the vin is clean.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. deerejohnb

deerejohnb

Thank you for the information, guys.

7. if the vehicle has the original VIN that is visible and correct for the vehicle, you can apply for a bonded title.

if the vehicle does not have the original VIN but has a good bill of sale, you can apply for a "replica", "street modified", "reconstructed" or "homemade" title. Depending on how you are going to build and finish the vehicle will determine which type of title classification you will want.

badshifter has the best answer, "call your DMV".

PM me if things get frustrating at the DMV.

Curt R

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  8. bartmcneill

bartmcneill
    from Ada, OK

Not sure how your tag agencies are set up but if there are ones in big towns and ones in small, small towns: go to the smaller towns and the people there will usually help you or get you in touch with someone that can.