Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 Ford Crew cab build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unclescooby, Apr 30, 2014.

1. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Finally starting in on something. 1960 Crewcab getting a 2005 Crown Vic front suspension and rearend. Starting tearing apart this afternoon and trying to find some links on those who have done this before. The truck is an F250 amd a;; 8 lug. I'm guessing that's pure scrap metal right? I'm not sure anyone uses that stuff but if you can, hit me up.

Attached Files:

2. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

could be real cool, can't wait

3. fun-ford

fun-ford

Cool,I am building a 60 crew cab too.Changed my bed to fleetside and am going to do a big back window.
    I will be watching your build

iwanaflattie likes this.
  4. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Friend Tim built this 57 out of a 60 and 57. Lengthened the frame. GM clip. Ford 9 inch rear 350/350. Was an awesome truck. Rode just as good as my 05 Silverado. Sold it to Georgia. I should have bought it when I had the chance.

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and iwanaflattie like this.

5. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Pretty cool drug home a 60 crew a few years back for a friend. He ended up selling it, too bad it was cool. Ill be watching your build

6. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

Holy sh*t I have a new favorite truck!! I didn't know they ,ade crew cabs that early, or is it custon built? Either way very cool on that body style ford. Does that Vic clip line up pretty good on those trucks? Good luck with it!! Watching

7. these custom cabs pop up from time to time but overall are pretty rare. good to see someone else building one

8. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

That 57/60 mix with the lengthened bed is EXACTLY what I had in mind. But the stepside bed is growing on me

9. luckystiff

luckystiff

i want a crew cab slick but i sure wouldn't kick a fridge crew outta the driveway either. i think most everybody know i prefer the jag swap over the cv but both can be done nicely the cv just limits your wheel choices a bit.

throw the 8 lug stuff on craigslist. i did with the 60 i did jag in thinking if someone got it outta my way and i did have to haul it to the scrapers i'd be ahead. it's been a while but i wanna say i got $150-200 for the stuff....

10. milk225

milk225

If you were a little closer i would take them off your hands.

Good luck with your build.

11. YBNORML

YBNORML
    from canada

I never knew these existed either. It would make an awesome tow vehicle and general all around cool cruiser!

12. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I realise this is not a crew cab but it is one I always liked from FL.

Yours looks to be a great project, wish my 1960 F100 was a crew cab, good ones must be a rare to find.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

getting ready to tear into my 65 crew cab for the 2nd resto- 15 years later the first one... Happy that there are a lot more parts available now.

14. good to see your building something again.
    tk

15. Looking forward to seeing this truck come together,I know of a 66 crewcab but the guy just doesn't want to sell it but I'm still working on him. HRP

16. Patrick Corning

Patrick Corning

What is the update on the 1960 Crew cab?

17. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

The rear should be a Dana 60. Bullet proof and a ton of aftermarket support. You should be able to get 5 lug axles and drums to convert it to semi-floating (a number of OEM's built semi-floating Dana 60's). Of course the off road and big diesel guys love those things, so you might be better off from a dollar and cents standpoint to just sell it and use the CV rear.

Just helped a buddy pull a '60 Mercury Panel Truck out of Canada a couple of weeks ago. He is looking at doing the Crown Vic front and rear as well.

Cool Project and Good Luck.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    chryslerfan55 likes this.