Register now to get rid of these ads!

Official 2014 VIVA LAS VEGAS Thread - The Trashmen, Imelda May, Los Straitjackets !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Had a blast...had to work Monday after we came back and I am still tired as crap...

2. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos

[​IMG]
    image sharing sites

I know this guys on here… Thanks for letting me look and for having one of the only cars that didn't have a small block chevy in it (Done right). I swear i think they were handing them out for free and the front door. its ridiculous should change the name from Viva to 350-Fest.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man!! Had a blast and the old LA Small block made the 3000 mile round trip no problem!!

3. Kerry67

Kerry67

Had a blast except for the blowout on the way home. The car show was KILLER. AND, I have booked my room EVERY year for the following year when I check out. Apparently, they had early online reservations and what not and did not tell anyone so when I checked out and tried to book for next year, the Orleans was sold out. Wish they would have said something when I was checking in on Thursday. So, booked at the Gold Coast for next year....

4. Poh

Poh
    from Quincy,Ca.

Ditto

5. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

I checked in on Wednesday and they had a memo on the counter explaining that you could make reservations Thursday but it was an "on line" only deal. They even gave you a discount word to use on the website.

6. Kerry67

Kerry67

Here is a few shots from the Viva trip. My car at a stop on the way, the view of the car show Saturday morning from my hotel window, and my tire on the trip home.....Will post more later.

Attached Files:

7. osidebarrel

osidebarrel
    from San Diego

Kerry I do the exact same thing every year. There was a small mention about advance reservations in the email that Tom Ingram sends out the weeks leading up to the show. It has never been like that before. I never thought they booked rooms till after the event finished but this year they did. I went online the day they started booking and by the afternoon some rooms were already unavailable. This year was the first Viva I couldn't make in quite a while so I was paying a little closer attention to making reservations for next year.

8. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

[​IMG]
    image sharing sites

I know this guys on here… Thanks for letting me look and for having one of the only cars that didn't have a small block chevy in it (Done right). I swear i think they were handing them out for free and the front door. its ridiculous should change the name from Viva to 350-Fest.[/QUOTE]

vel if you see more than the mopars i don't think i was the only one with a ford flat head, and mine was the furthest driven car there so not all 350s

9. Kerry67

Kerry67

Considering that 95% of the cars that had closed hoods, how do you know that they all had 350's ????

10. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

That was something that occurred to me also, would've liked to have seen more...

We were wondering when they handed out awards, didn't see anything on any events list for it. Was it only the folks that entered their cars in the show that knew anything about it? I saw the awards w/ the vehicles, but no "ceremony" of sorts?

11. Well, as usual, sue and i had a great time!! We thought the show was much improved over previous years, lot less "junk"!! Much better quality of entrants! Axle and tom always do a fantastic job putting on a major event!!! As usual, sue and i will be back again, hope not to miss it ever.
    Thanx tom and axle for having us back again!!!!!

12. It was one of those "be at your car at 12:00 Sat." deals. A note was left on your car. Not much hoopla, just seemed like kind of an inside thing.

13. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

I guess it's not really a bad idea given the hoards of ppl...

I saw quite a bit of smears over hoods from "posing" against the cars when the parking lot lights came on at night.

There was a T I wanted a pic of, but passed since two of them wouldn't get out & insisted on being in the pics. Yeah, no thx.

We loved the entire event, much more than Vegas itself.