Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tornado damaged hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob K, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

This is the picture that is on the Fox News website.

Lots of devestation but this guy retains his sense of humor.

[​IMG]

Thoughts and Prayers to all of the folks affected by this.

B:)B

2. Yeah Bob,someone posted this earlier today.

We can't control the weather but material things can be replaced,,life is precious. HRP

3. Sad to see all the destruction and human tradgedy here and other countries.

4. Damn that would really hurt!! i Have a video somebody sent me,i think i still do, that has a number of hotrods that were damaged one way or another. serious stuff!! bob s

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Thanks HRP, my search must not have been worded right.

I'll Delete.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We will keep this one up

7. abone1930

abone1930

Yea tornados suxs, I was driving home through Northeast Oklahoma from a buddies house when the News was talking about the storms. Real windy and even was passed by a storm chaser van. Man glad Im back home in South Texas :D The coupe doesnt look to bad, looks savable at least.

8. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

How do you delet a thread???

B:confused:B

9. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Well I guess Ryan's post answers my question.

10. Don't delete the thread Bob,I wasn't trying to rake you over the coals.

We can all empathize with the owner of the hot rod. HRP

11. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I know, I just didn't think that having 2 threads open was cool.

12. Last night, I was at a friends shop working on a 68 Z28, we moved his roadster project over to make room to park cars in the shop. My friend and I were both concerned about the storm and all our "stuff". Its real easy to forget that the important "stuff" are the lives around us. I hope the important "stuff" of this cars owner is OK.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  13. I saw the aftermath of an F5 in eastern Ohio in 1985... a strip mall taken down to the slab and nothing else there. I don't see how people can live with something like that literally hanging over their heads.

Bob

14. When our live are in danger, it really puts things into proper perspective.

15. jesse1980

jesse1980

Great shot of American culture, it's a shame about the car though.

16. Interesting to see FoxNews use an image that includes a hot rod.

While I do care about others and their well being, I couldn't help but notice that the body doesn't look like it's got any dents, from the perspective of the image, and the windshield appears to be a glued in windshield, which indicates it's a glass body. The good news is that it's not a steel Henry bodied car. Insurance can replace that one.

Don't take my post as being cold and impersonal, because I do care about the lives that have been affected by the storms. That stuff is extremely heartbreaking.

17. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

Family and the loss of life definitely is at the top of our concerns for all these people. But yes, I feel for the guy that owns this car. I'm afraid my shop would be solid concrete or brick if I lived in Tornado or Hurricane alley.....

18. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Wow, that's sad. Having made it through a couple of disasters, you can knock us down, but you can't count us out. Here's hoping for strength in recovery.

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I can only imagine the number of guys that had their houses/shops wiped out.
    Last thing on their minds would be posting pics of the terrible aftermath.

Imagery persists, though. I shudder at the mental picture of '32 rails, cross members, axles/spindles, benches, cabinets and tools scattered over hell's half acre after a blow like this...

20. verde742

verde742

What a mess !!! Prayers and thoughts, I wouldn't live there one season...

Rebuilding cars over 50 years, one NUT and one SCREW at a time....

21. I just saw a news interview taken at the site where that coupe is in the wreckage, The man being interviewed talked about his adult son who died in the tornado protecting one of his children.

Tragic in so many ways.

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

It's sad to see the level of destruction. I can't imagine living where these tornados are a yearly thing.

As far as a solid concrete or brick shop goes, if you think something like that would survive one of these tornados, you are mistaken and have no idea of the destructive power they produce.

23. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Seeing the car damaged did not bother me any, just another car. Hearing the rest of the story from you made an impact. Loss of life is tough. My heart goes out to the family.

Neal

24. Every area has its drawbacks. If you aren't in tornado country you are in earthquake country or volcano or hurricane or mind numbing cold or hotter than hell....its whatever you can tolerate. I would rather risk the storms than put up with months and months of cold and snow.

25. That how most southerners feel. We have tornados and look at other places that have quakes, slides, blizzards, huge forest fires, floods...... and are glad we don't live there. Plus we have great food, music and women.

On a more serious note,
    Learning that there was loss of life in this story really makes you think about what's important.

26. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Concrete isn't gonna stop a tornado that big. I heard on the news that this one was on the ground for almost an hour.:eek:

27. You have to admire that kind of spirit in such dark days.

28. HuskyV8

HuskyV8

That American flag says a lot about that picture. Always keep up the positive thoughts and you'll prevail.

29. elba

elba

It was on the Weather Channel also. Insurance is cheap !

30. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Was it dropped in your yard?!