Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Knoxville and NSRA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty Heaps, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I hope to see a lot of you guys and your cars here for the event!

2. vert1940

vert1940

first time in about 30 years am not going ..... was terrible last year.vendors were way down,swap meet was down,cars were non-existant.saturday at 4pm there couldn't have been 50 cars in the park...it was raining though...i'll give them that....the only bright spot is seeing hotrodprimer every year...we are going to try nashville this year instead

3. good grief that's depressing, I've been out of the US for the past 10 years and have been looking forward to going. Will head out of Clayton on thursday to Greenville, SC, then friday motor up to my uncles in Jefferson City, hoping to have a great time driving and getting back into the sport...........ugh........I really hope its better...

4. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

Hoping for great weather,
    Couple of Rebel Wire dealers will be there.

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

Just make sure you bring rain gear. Never been to Knoxville NSRA when it didn't rain.

6. jr9162

jr9162

Was there on Friday. Perfect weather. Quit counting after 2640 cars... Lots of 40 Fords, shoebox Fords, and early 30's Buicks. Saw four 38 Buicks. My 1st time and I was not disappointed. Yes, it did rain on Sat and Sunday. However, I was flying back to AK so that didn't matter. Highlight of the weekend was driving my friend's original 40 Ford Deluxe coupe from Seymour to Maryville. Has a stock motor, 3 on the tree, and Columbia rear axle. Earlier that week my friend introduced me to the owner of the Curtis Turner 40 Ford coupe. I ogled it up close, his 40 Ford convertible project, and both of his 32 Ford coupes. One was a 3 window, the other a 5 window. He's since sold both.

Rainy weather doesn't discourage me. In AK if you don't do things in the rain, they don't get done. :)

7. papastoyss

papastoyss

Been going to NSRA Knoxville close to 25 yrs. Had sunburn, frostbite,got wet, still had a good time.We'll be below the swap meet, Midnight Rodders, red '40 Ford coupe, yellow '46 Ford woodie & others.

8. Mark is right the numbers were real pathetic on Saturday but the monsoon contributed to the early mass exodus .

I enjoy seeing all the folks that I see once a year at this event, as it stand now we will be in the wagon. HRP

9. Nats South is hard to describe. Being in our back yard we have to go. Some years its one of the best events we go to and other years it seems a little slow. We are going to be set up in the Swap Meet and are hoping there will be a good turn out of vendors. If everybody shows up that says they are then there should be lots of cool stuff.

On Saturday afternoon Gene's is going to join with the Barillaro Speed Emporium for an open house 4:00-8:00. Jim and Mike Barillaro had a great turn out last year even with the rain. It would be great to see a bunch of HAMBers out at the shop.

Charlie

Attached Files:

10. sota

sota

I Went last year and your right it was a good turn out even in the rain.

11. Rain or Shine at Genes and Barillaro Speed

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

I too remember the snow back in the late eighties.

13. 37 ford man

37 ford man
    from indiana

is there any thing going on wed as we will be there wed afternoon any open houses or rod shops to visit around Knoxville been to genes and barrillos thanks

14. chopped

chopped

Lokar used to have a open house but I haven't been to the show in a few years.

15. Lokar hasn't done an open house since 2008. They are moving to a larger facility this year and I think they will start doing them again. Was always a great turn out rain or shine.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. vert1940

vert1940

have no doubt that jr9162 saw a number that read 2640....we arrived on thursday as usual,only difference being that I had not pre-registered.....it was the old trick of flipping past several pages of empty number sign ins and had me sign in around the 1200 spot....don't get me wrong, I love the drive,the people and the food....just been dissapointed in the show itself the last few years

17. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

No rain forcast this year!

18. I'll be there so you are almost assured it will rain at one time or another.:rolleyes: HRP

19. SkinnyPedal101

SkinnyPedal101
    from Tennessee

Shoot yeah I'll be there. Heading up Thursday and staying til Sunday! Look for a little green 32 Chevy coupe idling around the grounds!

20. Got my reg number back just last week, and it is 1256. Don't forsee any attendance records being broken this year, unless it's for the fewest cars. Good side is that the rain has blown through and the forecast is clear and mild.

21. williebill

williebill

Anything going on tonight? Many cars in town yet?

22. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Heading over in a few minutes, a little cool but nice and sunny. Supposed to be nice all weekend.

Attached Files:

23. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

First time I haven't been in 20 years I guess. Was just disappointed in how the show has dwindled down the last few years. 4 of us usually drive up together (all 48's) and we decided to give Springfield a try this year. Might not be a bit better but its worth a shot.

48 Poncho

24. We had a good time although we got off to a shaky start Thursday morning,I got the wagon pack,gassed up and drove about 10 miles to my pal Dave's and just before we pulled in his driveway we heard a ominous sound.

We scratched our heads and decided that a hot rod friend down the road has a garage and we drove the wagon to Earl's Garage.

Earl and his ace mechanic quit what they were doing,lifted the hood and tried to find out what and where the noise was coming from.

After removing the alternator the noise was still there,,removed the air conditioner compressor the noise went away.

At this point I think it might be the water pump,,anyway I drove the wagon home and put all the luggage,ice chest,and all the other junk you need in Old Reliable,the Deuce Tudor.

The weekend was great,weather was unbelievable,,NO RAIN.

Got to see a lot of old friends and missed seeing a few that are normally there.

I'll go back next year. HRP

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  25. Glad you had a dry week-end. Hope you get the wagon's noise sorted out. Then you can pack that stuff back in and make the run up North for the Nationals East at York, the biggest of the NSRA regional events.:D

26. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

NO wonder I didn't see the wagon

27. I never plan to make this venue because it's notorious for rain, but my son said he wanted to see a good-sized show, so we went.

The weather was awesome, If only I'd had a car ready! Unfortunately the Bridgeport SPL is torn down right now, and the Giacometti T is in the resto shop, so we drove a late model and parked outside.

It's hard to accept that a car with square, sealed headlights is considered old enough to crash an NSRA meet but, looking through my son's 16 year-old eyes, all the cars at the park were very old. I'm trying to raise him right -- he's only worked on pre-WWII cars so far.

28. I finally got to see Ben's hacked top Chevy,that car is so cool. HRP

[​IMG]

29. Where's the pictures?

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

X2???????:)

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.