Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jefferson Swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatford39, Apr 23, 2014.

1. I'm vending in Barn G. Lots of hot rod parts! Stop by.

2. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

Good time, great weather but man it was more rummage sale than ever.

3. Squablow

Squablow

I agree. My girl and I still filled up a van with stuff we bought, but it was much slimmer pickings than even last year.

You gotta wonder how many home made bird houses, engraved garden stones, $1 sunglasses, ect. those dealers can possibly sell in a weekend!

Still, got some Model A jump seats for my roadster and a bunch of good resale junk, plus the weather held out, overall still a great day trip.

4. chadhollem

chadhollem

I found a lot of small parts for my 40 coupe but there was a lot of rummage sale stuff too.It was great to be out in nice weather(sat)I like meets with old parts pre 1960

5. I walked pretty much the whole place Sat. found one piece I was looking for, price was crazy. Dropped a $20 on a dado head for my table saw, bought lunch and an ice cream bar and came home with my wad of cash. Way too many snowmobile and lawn tractor parts!

6. SBCWelder

SBCWelder

It seemed to be a great place to find a GM 4 speed. Saw what seemed to be thousands of them.
    I did manage to find some wheels for my car though. Deals were there, but so was the junk.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. BEM

BEM

I too have been going for 30 years and I'm just 40.

Lately I get in and out in a few hours. I keep thinking that this time will be different and the junk will stay home, and each time I'm disappointed.

8. Yeah, I posted friday nite and said I missed not going but after reading the latest posts it sounds like it's gettin worse every year. I'll still make the trip in fall, hopefully to see some old friends that I only get to see there.

9. big bad john

big bad john

Big thank you to my fellow Hambers that stop by to visit...meeting all the car guys is the best part of vending....looking forward to the fall show..Big Bad John

10. First time in years I went looking for parts instead of vending....What a disappointment , if you were looking for a mower, a fishing pole or a carved rock you were in luck but...not so much if you were searching for 50 chev bumpers or 47 ford running boards..Highlight of the day was a great pizza and cold beer on the way home!

11. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sold my 4 speed.

12. wicarnut

wicarnut

We went on Friday, 3 of us retired "Up North" Guys took the ride, weather was good, saw some deals, as it always has been IMO, lots of junk, caught up with some old friends, all in all, great day to enjoy. This is the big thing I noticed, We (Us) are getting old, never saw so many electric carts ever and we noticed, 70/80% old farts including us, Very FEW younger people walking around on Friday. I'm well aware that we are the gray hair/ no hair hobbyist group, but it really hit home that day. Life is Good, Every One, Have a Great Day! John

13. Saturday had more young people, some pretty nice lookin'! Hey I'm old, but....
    One in particular was so out of place, all dressed up in some slinky silky pants and top, no where near enough cloths to stay warm, look on her face was precious, wanted out of there real bad. I pointed her out to my wife, she said poor thing, can't wait to get home and dump the dumb ass she is with! Gave us both a good laugh.

14. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

Years ago, my friend and I spotted one who looked out of place. Tight white pants, high heels, slinky top. Thought she looked way out of her element in the Jefferson mud. Then we saw her again every couple years, for the last 20 years or so. Jefferson and Elkhorn. Same style of clothes. I guess that's just her swap meet outfit.

15. J53

J53
    from WI

...something tells me attendance will be up in the Fall.

16. flatford39

flatford39

I went on Saturday AM and walked the whole swap as well. I went there looking for sheet metal for an OT Chevy pick up and found two rust free GM doors and a rust free GM front fender for a lot less than I would had payed for the Chinese repos out there. I was pretty happy.

I couldn't believe how many people were there. It was a long winter and the place was very crowded. Yes there is a lot of junk vendors but there are some pretty good deals to be had.

Model A stuff was scarce but there was a 30 or 31 cabriolet body with the usual rust in one of the buildings. It was priced fairly I thought but it did need a ton of work.

For what I was looking for that day it served me well. I will be at Elkhorn in August.

17. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Dito on everthing except the young guys had less teeth than norm and their women folk had greasier hair. WTF on the guy selling rocks engraved?
    Next will be grave stones.

18. its too bad madison classics is too greedy to tell the rock and sunglass sellers to stay home. the antique motorcycle shows i go to the vendors have to have antique bike parts to sell. if they don't they are told to leave. its the show promoter who is to blame. they police the activity they set the rules and enforce them. a event billed as a antique car swap meet should be just that. anyone from madison classics care to respond?

19. rustang

rustang

Made a few good buys, most of which were not for my car, but for my trailer...

I agree, the amount of really good older parts was kind of scarce. We went down early Saturday, spent most of the day there, and came back with only a few things.

20. binderbart

binderbart
    from iowa

I didn't go this time. I've havent missed in the past 10 years. Last time up I saw so much junk that didn't belong. One guy was selling only log furniture??? I remember years ago it was great and I looked forward to it, now its turning into a flea market.

21. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

We went with a pocket full of cash looking for specific parts. We came home with most of our money. My son did buy 2 sets of late model Cady buckets for a great price, I had a Kent Ice Cream Bar, a burger, chips and a couple of pops.
    Best part of the day was getting away from home, followed by getting back home. :D It was fun, a great day at the swap, esspecially nice weather for Spring Jefferson, and we brought something new to us home. What more can you ask for? Gene

22. Problem is if people look or buy for the junk dealers....rock sellers, or whomever????
    make a point not to look at there shit, tell your friends not to look, no activity at there sites and they will leave

23. I have alot of friends who avoid jefferson due to all the junk for sale. A few years back i saw a guy selling a baby diaper changing station from a restraunt bathroom. I still go any way. I always find something. It just would be nice to return the event to its former glory. You dont see nearly the same amount of junk at iola or carlisle.