Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage vespa's, cushmans and other...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Found on the net - not mine, but waaayy cool!

Attached Files:

2. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

From the WWII Weekend at the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum, Reading, PA.

Attached Files:

3. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

Ive had several Cushman Eagles, a 57 & a 59, the 2 speed non syncro trans kills them. You cant downshift them until they are stopped. The clutch will only hold about 9hp. I saw one that had a snowmobile clutch and drive setup that really hauled for what it was. My red 59 Super Eagle is supposed to be in Carpenters Cushman museum and my black 57 is owned by a local Shriner that wanted it waaaay more then I did. In Montana you have to gear then where they run about 40 to still be able to climb the hills. They need a syncro 3 or 4 speed trans bad

4. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This is one of my Allstate 811-30 scooters. They were built by Cushman for sale at Sears, from 1950 thru 57. This one has the side panels removed, I have a new set of panels ready to install. It rides great! The same model in a Cushman is called a "Highlander".

Attached Files:

5. neatest bike I ever saw was a Mustang with a Harley 45 in it:D

6. thebronc4019

thebronc4019
    from New Jersey

Here is a 1947 Cushman "step-Thru" scooter that I just got. It is good mechanically with a rebuilt engine but the body is atrocious. I need to resist the temptation to work on it now so that I have a project for next winter. I can't build another car because I am out of room in the garage. I like this think because it is strange looking.

Attached Files:

7. I had an Indian made (no, not the motorcycle) earl '80s Lambretta 175 -it was the worst put together POS I had ever had. I bought a 1958 lambretta for spares for the Indian one (a copy of the 1958 one), but ended up riding the original 1958 job.
    One thing I had not seen on this thread was a Rabbit, made by Fuji.
    There were a few of those sold here in the 60's, not many survived.http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...oDgAQ&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CDgQMygBMAE

8. pride63

pride63

This is my latest scooter build , it's a 1959 series 1 lambretta li125 with the ultra rare turn signals . The engine from factory is a 125cc with about 7bhp mine is a 225cc with a tuned alloy barrel and puts out around 30bhp . This should be good for around 85mph which is fastest enough on 10" wheels lol

[​IMG]
    my series 1 by mark & anne's photos, on Flickr

9. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

And this is related to trad hot rods how?
    It should be on the jockey journal

10. ghornbostel

ghornbostel

for many of us it was the first injection of gasoline into our bodies. It was our first motorized vehicle and usually required fabrication to be useful. It was a step above a riding lawnmower. Owning one of these small displacement wonders, be it scooter, minibike or motorcycle was probably our first act of parential defiance. Besides the Harley snobs on jockey journal would smoke that subject. Yes it is related to trad hot rods.:D
    regards
    Greg Hornbostel

11. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

My fathers first ride was a Cushman......that he built the modified engine for .... As that's how he bought it ...in pieces .....so that would be the first performance engine he built in his early teens..........And he has gone on and built engines that have sat on the front row at Talladega as well as Set national records.....must be something in the exhaust of those one lungers.....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!