Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Is this your video? Maybe you should just ask the neighbor about it if so, if not for yourself someone here would like to have it if the price was rite.

2. big M

big M

Several years back, a rancher gave me a derelict '57 Plymouth that was beneath half a football field length's of berry vines. He would not allow me to cut the trees down behind the car, so we used plywood sheets to drive up on to crush the bushes down, and several hours later we got to it.

Attached Files:

DOCWHIT likes this.
  3. Tudorp

Tudorp

Almost a Christine.. ;)

4. 46stude

46stude

Yep, Christine was a '58 four-door. :D

5. GRX

GRX
    from MD

Dodge route van I found at an abandoned farm - 1951?
    And what is up with that roof? :confused:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  6. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

nope not me but i would bet the guy is on this board. he has a ton of cool stuff. I Just enjoy his videos

7. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

To be honest, I don't think they care about the money or the cars, the widow just wants the land cleaned up, so crushing and hauling them off is the easy way to go. Sad.

But yeah, I have more pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

9. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

10. v8juice

v8juice

This is by far my favorite thread ever

11. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

And I don't know why, but I like cars with trees growing out of them. This has to be the biggest tree I've seen in a '58 Buick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Thanks 33 Fordor,Hate to ask but got any more pics of the 59 merc wagon in the back ground of this one?
    [​IMG]

14. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I love Vanhornes place. I've been going there for years. I posted some pics when he had more stuff awhile back on this thread. It's sad and amazing at what they have crushed over the years.

15. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

How could someone NOT care about money!?! Even without this economy.

They don't realize that all of that could be gone faster and easier with an auction. 1 day auction with 1 week to pick up. Done.

16. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Sorry, but I don't. I took about 50 pics, but just looked through them and don't have one.

17. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

It is amazing how time changes things. When I went there last weekend I hardly recognized the place it's been so cleared out. I remember 20 years ago it was huge and packed with all kinds of cool stuff. :(

18. Thanks for the great pictures. Sometimes I enjoy looking at the old car cemeteries as much or more than seeing them all restored. They are usually the 'real deal' and not embellished with a lot of fakery like some restorations.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  19. 46stude

46stude

Definitely not the faster & easier way. A mobile crusher on site with a good sized loader, & we're talking 2-3 days & done.

Set up an auction, deal w/ the auction day, wait a week to get rid of cars, still have some to crush anyways. Or call car crushers, sell it all by weight, & not hardly have to do a thing? Yeah, I bet they do care about money. ;)

20. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Ok, maybe I worded it wrong. What I meant was they don't think they care about the cars or the value in them above scrap value. Doesn't matter anyway, it's their yard and their cars and they will do with them what they want. I'm just putting it out there for anybody close that might want some of these.

21. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Thanks for putting the info out there 33 Fordor, didnt mean to stir a stink with the auction idea, just a thought and more less rambling on but about the 59 merc wagon, I would think that would be kind of rare,I know it would be around here anyway and it may even be more rare if its a hardtop, not sure really as I dont really know that much about em but I do think they look cool and I doubt I could find one if I were looking.........If it were closer, I would be doing some homework about it after I seen what body style etc. it was.

Thanks for sharing the pics,not sure where they went but thanks anyway.

22. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Sitting at an empty house when I saw it. Not sure if it's still there or not. Took these pics over a month ago. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397976062.816408.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397976096.439946.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

A more recent find. Not! This Mercury has been sitting in the same spot for more than 20 years. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397976183.921236.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397976199.375192.jpg

24. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Well, at least there's no dirt under it.

25. racemad55

racemad55

I'm a chevy guy but that's one pretty merc !

26. fairlaneranch

fairlaneranch

Man! I would Kill a man for that Merc!! Ok, Maybe just an open handed bitch-slap- But Man!!! What gives?:confused:
    <mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%&quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quot;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&quot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Buffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&quot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quot;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:true,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:true,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;quality&quot;:&quot;default&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:false,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&quot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:false,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&quot;turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:false}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

27. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Yes it is! I've been debating on seeing if they'll sell it, but then I saw this on the porch. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398045431.925124.jpg

But then again, maybe they will.

28. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

I wish I knew!

29. pontiac

pontiac

55 Chevy 4 door.. car was supposedly raced in Ohio years back if I remember correctly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

cool