Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Things I learned/gleaned/fathomed attending LSRU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CaddyRat, Apr 6, 2014.

1. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

It doesn't get more pure than the Revolution. The weather nixed it last year, this year will be epic!

3. I have been to many large shows that have OT cars get in. It happens every where. Had one of those new mustangs park next to my Model A drag car one time, and when I started it, with open zoomies I think he craped his pants twice. GOOD TIMES!!

4. Congrats to the organisers,I came from the other side of the planet last year for it and can't wait to do it again next year.It would have been a blast to have my own car there but lifes like that.I still had a ball and look forward to doing it again.Met some good people and saw some good shit.
    Hayride and A-Bombers this year,yeehah!!
    There are always going to be knockers,lifes to short for that shit!

5. BootleggerMatt

BootleggerMatt

I had a great time. I would really hate if they started segregating the cars, my club has 12 members and our cars range from customs and hotrods from the 30's to 60's... it would totally suck if we couldn't all park our cars together and hangout.

I Didn't even notice the beer prices, didn't even care about the few goofy cars that got in. The guys at the gate don't have time to start shit, they just want to get cars in and out. If ya'll really had a problem with the guy that called his S-10 a '62 chevy, then ya'll shoulda started shit with him, but I was having too good of a time to care.

6. Agreed. :cool: Whining might be harsh....incessant complaining would have been more accurate, since it happens every year ;)
    The more popular the event, the more likelihood the interlopers will be there. It's that simple. LSRU is a big deal, and everybody wants to be a part of it.
    Nobody's advocating 'looking the other way' as the solution either. Again, it's all what you make it
    . I drove 2500 miles total to enjoy what I saw, and see my friends. It was easy to walk by the shitrods and ignore 'em. No regrets, no complaints. :cool:

7. ha ha ha ha .....

[​IMG]

8. captmullette

captmullette

had to send a pic of my car to run at bowling green.......good idea

9. belair

belair

I think owning and having to be seen in that S-10 is punishment enough.

10. I wonder if they put that S-10 on an S-10 frame? wakka wakka wakka!

11. jetcycles

jetcycles

In another 30 years people will be talking about that damn S10 and how it was "ahead of it's time". . .and the few of us that laughed at it at LSRU will laugh at it again.

12. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I came, I drank, I had fun with my club bros. I did not see the O/T vehicles and I'm willing to bet I didn't see half of the cars that were there. My son went to his first LSRU with just me and he is still talking about how much fun it was. I got out of it what I put into it.

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

People had trouble ignoring THAT? C'mon guys.:confused:

14. 46stude

46stude

You know, come to think of it, the LSRU registration asked for a pic when I sent in mine for the Thunderbird.

TudorJeff, I did not forget about the Bustle. Wanted to make it in Dec, but we had plans I couldn't back out of. Date for this year announced yet?

15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'd sure like to attend one year... even with "Art Cars" - ha ha - is that a rat rod without spider webs, skulls or rubber rats? I can only hope my billet fuel filter bracket passes muster. It is clearly visible if you crawl under the car.

While I've seen it done all the time (but not to the full body contact extreme reported above), I'd also like to discourage the use of entrant's vehicles as photo props (lol) for either the promoter's use, or the model's / photog's portfolios - especially if they have not contacted the car owner first and / or don't plan on slipping a few bucks back at the car owner if the images are ever used in print either casually or commercially (as in an advertisement). Don't they still sell padded boilerplate press releases? Gary

16. Muttley

Muttley

The people that run the LSRU ought to hire someone like me to run the gate, I have no problem telling someone their car sucks and is not welcome. ;) :)

17. HunterYJ

HunterYJ
    from Buda Texas

I have attended every roundup, and even though I have not been a show participant due to my past toys not fitting the bill, I am a lifelong rodder and fan of the show and have many friends who enter. It seems the last couple of years it has turned into an event for spectator money, with the rods being less of the focus. The beautiful cars are still there, the great people are still there, but it has become like the ROT rally, heavily advertised and full crowds of wanne be cool people and less true fans and rods. I continue to hope it will cycle itself out, especially the "art" rods.
    As for Congress, the city has an anti car agenda and it has affected the Avenue and the area around it greatly., it will never be a great cruise again. I have no problem with different styles of customs cruising together as I love all modified gas engine contraptions, but the unwillingness of the city to allow them to isolate the cool from the minivans is frustrating.
    Took the boy to Burnet Road to check the action and while Top Notch was packed, there was no one cruising Sat night. Shame, it is one great road to cruise and one of the few where the lights haven't been set to stop you every light. From Top Notch south to Hancock is a great area.
    Doesn't matter what hapens, I will support it as I see it as a true treasure, but like Old Austin, it will never be the same show I fell in love with.

18. Good times met lots of great people. Our 3rd till 2015 . thanks Ryan for the tires

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

19. Good God...

20. Let me get this straight. You were already in Austin and DIDN'T go to the Roundup?!?!?

21. Richard makes one wonder why he is even on the HAMB.

22. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Anyone see the 80's street rod 36 ford sedan? I think it was pink? Cant remember. Every piece of chrome was painted on that thing. Looked just as bad as that s10.

23. No shit. The way Austin is now, I would be caught dead there EXCEPT to go to the roundup. No offence to the few cool people who live there, it is just getting to big city-ish for me.