Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. 62dartman

62dartman

Awesome!! Cant wait to get back to the beach! Last year was awesome!! I know it is way early but one question; Is the location of the racing gonna be pretty much the same? We really liked our hotel/location (Blue Palms) as it was right near the entrance to the action. Just don't wanna end up on the wrong side of town. Thanks

2. Oh Boy Oh Boy oh Boy!!!!! I'll be back again this year screaming at ya all from the sidelines. Go Man Go! Woo Hooooo!
    -Pat

3. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

This looks like sooo much fun.
    Maybe the roadster needs to leave it's Detroit comfort zone for a weekend....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  4. Get a build thread going when you Villains get started. I want to follow along on the fun again!

Still have the 33?

5. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

definitely still have the 33 but i like the idea of different cars out on the sand every year to keep it fresh . i am going to do my part in keeping that happening . believe me it'd be way cheaper for me to just do some metal work and paint the 33 another color and letter up some different stuff on it to keep it fresh looking. Mel is only choosing so many cars and i want to have as good a shot as anybody else at getting to race and even though the 33 is cool i almost feel obligated to do a different car , and it will be a lot of fun to have another one to beat on as well !! as soon as we get building i will start a thread . maybe i can bring the 33 down for someone else to beat on when we do the grudge matches on sunday !! ha ha .......as crazy as this sounds i am working on scoring a hopped up banger to use in a modified 27 cut down touring car that i want to turn into a 2015 TROG racer and i haven't even officially started the 2014 car yet! LOL

6. Pete

Pete

Game on!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Driveway builder

Driveway builder

Room is booked, just about the whole "Aces And Eights"club will be there... can't wait!! I have sent in a pic of my entry minus paint and a few finishing touches. Are you giving a yes or no response to entries by email, or just a yes to the chosen cars? thanks :)

8. Oh, I'm totally advocating a new car for the sand. I was just curious if you were keeping the 33 as well, or letting it go. haha

New cars every year will keep everything fresh. Avoids guys just continually improving on the same cars. Also suggests that there could be a new champ every year… you never know who/what you're up against.

9. Hotel rooms booked....
    My Septuagenarian parents will be making the trip down from Boston with me for their Third Race of Gentlemen. Dad doesn't want to miss a moment!

10. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

I'm going to build this identical lakes roadster right down to the name on the hood . My plan is to run my 1927 dodge fast four engine in it or if that fails a 1936 ford 21 stud flatty .

11. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Hope the pic works

Attached Files:

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that's a great car, Nils.

Room booked. We'll be there again, natch.

13. Elrod

Elrod

That car is excellent! Exactly the kind of builds we want to see!

14. what are the requirements
    I have a few different projects in the works
    tk

15. T__N__A

T__N__A

Hotrods are built from pre '53 parts.

Basicly build a bad ass hotrod that is Oiler approved and selected to race and your good to go!

16. Marcy

Marcy

You wouldn't regret it Guy---this show is a blast!

Marcy

17. sweet
    ever since I saw a pic of your car half finished in the snow I have been collecting parts
    something is telling me that your ohv banger will be faster than mine but we can line them up for picture sake
    tk

18. MrModelT

MrModelT

Well boys....I might just have to throw my hat in to the ring as well...

I have watching the ROG coverage for a past two years and have to say (as many already have) that this is the most well organized, polished and exceedingly memorable event that likely will never be matched and go down in the history books of Hot Rod legendry.

I have been longing for an event like this for years and have been wanting to attend with the T since it all began.....but with a family and other responsibilities....the trans-continental trip was a bit out of reach.

This year however, I have had some prodding from some Fellow HAMBers and I think it's high time tried to make this trip a reality.

I may have transport of the T taken care of, but travel costs might be another story, but I will do my best to figure that one out.

Maybe I will make and sell T shirts....or start a lemonade stand :D

So Cross you fingers, and hopefully the T will be sitting on the sands of Wildwood come October!

[​IMG]

19. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

that T is killer!!! please bring it east , i want to drool on it .

20. MrModelT

MrModelT

I will certainly do my best HOLLYWQQD! :D. My T is lean, mean and ready to race! ....

What I have under the hood...

[​IMG]

21. MrModelT

MrModelT

...and that's a T motor ;)

22. GZ, count on that!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  23. Same Location. Blue Palm rules!

24. Just accepting entries, no decisions!

25. I can not tell a lie, I'm a Hamber prodding poor Mike! Bout to heat the prod too.

I'll be rooting for Mike and trying to help drum interest in his voyage to make it East. We will figure it out! Let's race!

26. Nils I'm jealous. I just sold my B banger and tub to Brother Tuki. He will be ruining it now. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397780034.038107.jpg boy I'm going to miss it. He will build bad ass though.

27. MrModelT

MrModelT

I'm excited too! I really want to make it out east with the T!

Prod away Mel :D

Clayton

28. gonzo

gonzo

Looking forward to more details!

29. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Man , that is a nice T body . It had to come from the Midwest.

Just got my turtle deck for the tub

Attached Files:

30. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Room booked! Hope to beat the shit out of my roadster on the beach!-Ray

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014