Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 35 - 36 Ford Pickup Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by andrewvolsen, Apr 8, 2009.

1. I've been sitting on this for 10yrs now, so, on Sept. 8 I decided to make a start. My wife, Irene and I got the frame down from the attic and laid it on the floor. Dug out the rest of the parts and mocked them up. Have most of the parts now. Will do a proper build thread later.
    Charlie.

Attached Files:

2. mow too much

mow too much

Thanks guys, it looks like 35-37 Pickups are alive and well, NICE trucks! :cool:

3. mow too much

mow too much

Here's a picture of Al's (old geezer) truck......he has to have his grandson post pictures;):D, so I'll post a picture of his 35, its going to be blue similar to Washington Blue, he should be done this Spring, its going to be NICE.
    [​IMG]

4. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

a great start. whats that engine?

5. Thanks treb11. I want to put in a 302 ford motor I have, but, it needs a complete rebuild and I can't afford it at the moment, so, some time ago I broke up an 88 olds station wagon, and I am using the 350 diesel and auto, the prop, and the rear axle and wheels. I have rebuilt a Jag IFS which I had the bolt pattern altered to take the olds wheels, so, with the ifs, diesel eng., and radial tires it's not strictly trad, but, will have the "look" (I hope). Bonnet, side panels, grill shell, and seat frame off to blasters next week (260mile round trip). Quite difficult when you live on an Island in the Atlantic.:)
    Charlie.

***Area-51*** likes this.
  6. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Got a few miles on my new shop truck now and I think it`s a keeper. I`m starting to grow attached to it.

Some nice trucks in this post.

Attached Files:

• done.jpg
      done.jpg
      File size:
      490.4 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      316.3 KB
      Views:
  7. mow too much

mow too much

Yeah Charlie, we take this stuff for granted, I have a sandblaster 5 miles from me, 260 miles your a rodder for sure.;) I'm pretty sure you will have the only diesel powered 35 around.

8. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

Call me crazy, but for some reason, I always thought this one looked cool !!!
    Just waiting to find a good body that sat on it's top most of it's life...

Attached Files:

9. mow too much

mow too much

If your crazy Larry T and I are also, we discussed that truck a couple of years ago and we both thought it was kinda neat looking.:eek::)

10. Larry T

Larry T

Yep, I still kinda regret not trying to add it to my hoard. :D

11. Airwolf

Airwolf

View attachment 2125166

00i0i_1IarZ3HBI0Y_600x450.jpg

Here's mine. In the process of redoing the interior and experimenting with a few different things.

Took off the American Racing Gamblers and put some Cragar Smoothies on, but still not sure of the way it looks. May try some Cragar SS' and running a 10" wheel on the back.

Also took off the bumper in the front and went with a couple of chrome bumper guards only from a 36 to show the grill off a little more.

Running a 351W, mildly built, through a FMX transmission. Thinking of maybe trying a non-electronic AOD but can't get the FMX to die. lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  12. Getting cabin fever here in Chicago area. Yesterday was a high of 1 degree F. Tucked away in an unheated garage my 36 is impatiently waiting for more progress:

Primed Body Right Front.JPG

13. henryj429

henryj429

My work in progress:

35 cab with 37 roof, lengthened 4" through the doors, chopped 1", hidden hinges. Will have Desoto hemi power.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Mike W.

Mike W.

I still miss my '35 that I had to sell in '72 thanks to military service transfer, sold in San Diego. Full fendered with the rears bobbed for a dock bumper by PO and a spare wheel on each side that looked factory. Competition orange and cream wire wheels, '52 Merc flattie, '35 box with '39 gears and juice brakes.

15. Latest pics of mine:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. my dad's old 36. My brother [Jangleguy here] thought it would cut through the air at Bonneville easier with a 10 inch chop and a 20 inch narrowing. Still contemplating a chassis/engine/trans etc.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  17. carl.p

carl.p
    from grimsby uk

freind of mines 35

18. Big Ayers

Big Ayers

Heres my 36

Attached Files:

19. Sweet, and with a Hemi transplant, no less!

20. jsteph

jsteph
    from phoenix az

Anyone have any good site/videos on shortening a 35 ford pickup bed???

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

How much chop?

22. 4 1/2" according to the photo in the album.

Attached Files:

23. Here is my 1st a 36 with 48 Merc and 39 running gear circa 1961. Sold it in 1964 cause Uncle Sam was sending me across the pond. Got another one last October. This one has a 327 and Muncie 4 speed. Friend of mine built it. I saw it and had to have it.

Attached Files:

24. OK made some changes. Stole some of the nicer parts from my 32. Got to do it twice because my stupidity resulted in manifold leaking water into the oil. Fortunately the HAMB was down giving me ample time to redo it. I like it.
    tri power side view small.JPG