Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. msd does have a tech line call them so you can get it right.

2. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Is that the same year some guy with a black and white 55 was talking some trash about racing you?...

That was fun...hope to see you at the Meltdown again this year.

3. bgas56

bgas56

Mr. Valdez glad to see you are still around stirring the pot!

4. 55chieftain

55chieftain

It should do ok, it really needs some better heads in the 325 cfm range to wake it up. Plus I have the extra weight of 7" of wheelbase to pull around over the Chevies.

5. HEY!....I'm gonna pull that "cardboard Hemi" out of it and put a Flathead in it when "I win it:D".....hahaha....I'll make it into a "first time drivers FED car", so lots of folks can experience the fun(hey, this is kinda like when I buy a lotto ticket....just dreaming about what to do with it:cool:.....whooo hoooo)

Very nice "door prize"....Thanks to everyone involved....just one more reason that I know I have made the right decision as to my "big trip of the year:D"

6. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Made some progress today on my car. I will be appearing this year with a 1956 Chevy[​IMG], not a 55.5 lol

7. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Every blue moon that happens, it's getting feed back from the alternator. MSD has a diode (spelling) that you put in the main power feed (or ign wire I can't remember) to the MSD box then the 12v can only go one way. I'm sure you can get the same diode from radio shack or somewhere like that just remember it's directional.

8. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Is that the front clip from glasstek? Any idea on how much it weighs? I was debating that as an option for mine and reworking the headlights section and saving some weight from the front end. If you could update your build thread I would like to see how you mount it.

9. ardyboy

ardyboy

OK man...number 358. We're in!!!

[​IMG]

10. Hey no fair, I can't call your car "Identity Crisis" anymore.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  11. The brown truck stopped in and dropped off part of my tax return today... from American Rebel Wheels in California:

[​IMG]

Best part is that they are:
    [​IMG]

and someone else likes these as much as I do... :cool:
    [​IMG]

Next step is to sneak them away from you know who... to verify these 15x10's will clear my calipers... I think like they will....

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  12. altered59lark

altered59lark
    from cincinnati

Yea I put one in when I built the car because motor wouldn't shut off with the key

13. Sounds like your alternator charging lead is connected to the "RUN" side of the ignition switch instead of the "BAT" side.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  14. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

lol, the other one i keep hearing is "Half breed".

15. Holy Friggin Poop
    That Willys is BAD Ass.....:cool:
    And yet another reason to be there

16. 62Furious

62Furious

This show gets better every year

17. koop13

koop13
    from Wisconsin

Hey, are you bringing that "Street Brawler" to the Meltdown?

18. Joel, sure glad to see you have given your 56 a proper"face lift", and good thing its fiber glass, it'll help the weight after you put that Allison 4 speed in! The Debbie Dootson Diesel Driving School called, they want their friggen trans back!

19. Jaded
    Over
    Embarrassing
    Loss

Joel
    Owns
    Engine
    Low

Just
    Oughta
    Expect
    Losing

Jumped
    On
    Electric
    Lizard

20. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

All I know is..."Yesterdays Child" better run 8's for the amount of trash talking it's owner does:D

Meltdown Drags
    July 18-20 2014

55belairx2 likes this.
  21. No Kidding Man. Well here is the back story on Joel, and "Engine Slow". I was on his build thread last night patting him on the butt about his good work, and singing kumbaya songs about the 56 brother hood. My buddy Kevin Otto, chimes in about 4 speeds are bad ass. I tell Kevin he should tow out with us in July, he says whats happening in July? DUH! to the Melt Downs Hommie (I say). Then, Joel pipes in that whats happening in July, is how I'm gonna lose to his "bad boy"! Well heck, you know what happened then, the friggen bad voices took over, and drew a bead on Joel and his "Heckle & Jeckle 56..,uh 55, uh oh I mean 56. Them bad voices aint go no names, and once I cut em loose, I can't call em back man!

22. PS. I also asked Joel when he's gonna lose those 2004 GM 3/4 ton pickup front wheels, and get some proper slots to match his rears.:D

23. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

As long as your making the long haul out...how about a grudge race? I'm sure you'll have me covered, but I'm not against winning by redlight or a missed shift:D

Meltdown Drags
    July 18-20 2014

24. Sure! I've been 7.70's in a rear engine Comp Eliminator dragster back in the late 80's, but only low 10's in door cars, so
    I'll have my ass puckered a bit for sure. Really hoping to get some laps in with all the changes before the Melt Down, but might be making maiden voyages too. You got as good a chance to shame me as anyone else.

25. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

To say I'm not a little nervous about running mine would be a bit of a lie. Chevrolet listed my car at 2610 lbs, and if I have my motor running like it should...I think it will haul.

Meltdown Drags
    July 18-20 2014

26. Ya, we may both be suffering from "white knuckle fever", on the first few runs.

27. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Are you still planning on the Jackson intake?

Meltdown Drags
    July 18-20 2014

28. Yep, its supposed to be done any day now.

29. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Not sure who made it, i got it used, i think it weighs about 40 pounds tho, maybe a little more.

30. powrshftr

powrshftr

Just picked up some subframe connectors,an overflow catch can,rear shocks,and a couple more top screw bits for the grocery getter....getting close now!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!