Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Booked the Starlux early this morning, really stoked!

2. Scored a room at Newport Resort across from the Starlux...Stoked. First trip to the US from New Zealand for this country bumpkin....don't know how I'm gonna sleep for the next few months....can't wait!

3. We really need a deadline. Guys say I'm in, then they bail and our programs are filled with cars or bikes not in race.

We are stating between Aug 2 to the 15 we want them in so we can announce and be set soon after with programs.

Thanks

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Sicccckkk!!! Make sure you introduce yourself as we like to take care of the way out of towners! We met some greats from last year. Japs, Italians, Swede, Danish.

Still trying to egg on some overseas brothers into a beach battle.

5. edseldude

edseldude
    from bedford va

Looks like the Newport Resort is gonna be full of Hambers! I just booked 2 rooms myself. Been looking forward to this for 2 years!

6. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Just sent in photos of my cars for consideration for entry. Making room reservations shortly. Anyone else headed out from the Midwest?

7. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Cant wait Mel! -E

8. barett

barett
    from Taylor TX

Alright I've had it, I have to ask! I really like seeing any coverage of this event but I'm baffled by something I keep seeing. In some pictures I've seen ( a blue deuce roadster comes to mind) what looks like electrical tape in Xs across the headlight lenses... Other cars on the windshield. I'm just wondering what purpose this serves?

9. Hell yes! Now I've got to plan out who else I'll drag down from Canada...

Posted via telegraph.

10. Jscow and I would love to flat tow the modified with my truck from Seattle. The truck is almost done. But the modified has a long way to go. Disregard grill shell. ;):rolleyes: We'll enter it for consideration if we get it done by then.

Attached Files:

11. Ha, it's an old race trick.

If glass gets broken the tape hold all the pieces together and the clean up is easier on the track.

I must attest it works! I dropped bike from being so beat I couldn't hold it up, I crashed real good one time, and a flag girl jumped in my way and I had to lay the bike down. I broke all my glass and the tape held it all together for easy disposal. Vintage glass that is !

We were also sponsored by Duck Tape last year, so we may have over did it on the tape. Ha

12. lorodz

lorodz

Maybe this year I wont drop a 6 pack of bottles before leaving on the last day..sorry andy and Mike.....lol

13. T__N__A

T__N__A

Bahaha you didn't drop those beers Joe, you threw them at us!

14. northjersey_pinstriping

northjersey_pinstriping
    from New Jersey

cant wait to make it down there . had a blast with tuki and his buds last year cant wait to see what goes down this year. hope the bon fire is alittle longer this year hahah

15. If you had told me 3 years ago, that planning to spend an October weekend on the New Jersey shore would become the high-water mark of my entire year, I would have openly laughed in your face. Now I can't imagine not spending the weekend with Mel and the Oilers and all the friends I've made in the past two years.

I don't want to wish the summer away....but I can't wait for fall beach racing in the Wildwoods!

16. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Reservations are made! Never thought I'd look forward to October for anything! The roadster will be there racing or not!!

17. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

18. Nobodys Hero

Nobodys Hero
    from New Jersey

Us Oilers are getting into race trim. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397655483.030472.jpg

19. lorodz

lorodz

Mike it was more like ...hey guys here ya go have a drink on me ....oops. .crash.....fu** me .....

20. Wait... your build last year wasn't bad ass?!? Coulda fooled me.

21. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

Where are you coming from?

22. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Hotel is booked! I'm ready to go! Hopefully my car is accepted!!! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397657934.969157.jpg

hotrodderhaag likes this.
  23. Just west of Toronto.

24. Hey Mel! Is the race going to be roughly the same location on the beach as last year? How about beach access?

25. Dude, the proper nomenclature is Asian American......:rolleyes::)

[​IMG]

26. Elrod

Elrod

Who needs a little video inspiration??

27. What if they're Asian but not from America? :D

28. barett

barett
    from Taylor TX

Was my best guess, thank you sir. Now I can sleep at night....

29. Hey all,

I would also like to suggest the Days Inn in Wildwood.

Some businesses in Wildwood are really helpful and really willing to accommodate. These are the hotels I am suggesting.

Contact for the Days Inn. Please mention the Race of Gents.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397668882.650548.jpg

If you email me at [email protected] I'll try to help and explain a little more. Better then just booking blind.

30. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

i'm thinking with each year the level of entries is going to get better and better so i'm gonna have to bump up the bad assery a bit !! i think the Villains cc have enough tricks up our sleeves to make a competitive beach racer outta the lump of a 29 roadster body that i scored here on the HAMB

jp