Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, 2014!!! May 16 and 17, Union S.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 4, 2014.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

And who has 11 posts NEWBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Whooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

BloodyKnuckles

3. jt306

jt306

The ' Ol Dirty Bastard' will there from the Atl. Hopefully we will have the the new drive tran in and bugs worked out by then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using H.A.M.B. mobile app
    1397613795181.jpg

4. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

5. captmullette

captmullette

6. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STxqLFktjpU&list=UUGemyXBAwPdXkZR4HiDlgkA

This is the 3rd time I've left on it and the first time it went fairly straight . . . straight enough that I was kicking myself by not staying in this. I guess thats why they make you start on a 60ft pass first when getting your NHRA license :D

Still getting everything sorted out. Probably going to hit the "park" one more time in the next two weeks and then calhoun the weekend before heading to SIM.

7. captmullette

captmullette

I like it......and a private drag strip to boot

8. http://youtu.be/mVWw3BlEl_s

Nawwwww - We'd never do that there - A little practice for SIM :D

9. Lowlife1269

Lowlife1269

Dang. such hostility. I was just kiddin. geez.

10. Dirty Old Man is just upset because he found out there is a Ol Dirty Bastard representing Ga too.

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

No hostility here, just razzing you a bit more than you razzed us, LOL.

12. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Heck yeah Tyler, sounds great!

13. Lowlife I'm just picking and trying to keep the thread up top hope to see you there

14. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Hey Brad, How is the 30 Ford coming along? Is it going to be ready for SIM?

15. Lowlife1269

Lowlife1269

Oh i'll be there. Most likely taking yalls money at the gate.
    :D I'm a member of the Geargoyles.
    And there's a 1 beer surcharge for all Sock Fuckers. I think Curtis forgot to mention that. lol!

16. Curtis I'm busting my butt to have the sedan there looks good so far check out the link below

Lowlife to get a beer you will have to stop buy the SFCC camp

17. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Ok guys and gals... I really want to see this go well, no actually go great. As most are probably aware, we have been doing a silent auction each year with the proceeds going to the USO. We are dropping the silent auction this year in favor of a 50/50 drawing. All proceeds will still be going to the USO. With the headcount making it out to SIM and the great people that attend, I think we have an outstanding opportunity to raise a significant amount of money for this great cause and have someone leave the show with a fat pocket. So please drop by the Geargoyles tent located near the music stage to get in on the drawing. The drawing will be held at 6 pm during the awards and pin up contest. Let's all pitch in to support an organization that has been supporting our troops for 70 years!

18. 63 1/2 peregrine

63 1/2 peregrine

Great idea Curtis. Im in for sure. Hope u get alot of support for a great cause and someone goin home aith a wad of cash.

19. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Thanks brother!

20. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I'm in on the 50/50.

On a side note go ahead and order some more crappers......many seem to be coming both Friday and Saturday.could be super nasty come mid day Saturday.

21. Right on. I'll be in support. Such a great cause. Thanks.

22. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Well looks like my 3 window won't be there :mad: but we're still going.;)

Attached Files:

23. Dang! How did you do that? Is that a helicoil on the end of the bolt?

24. Ouch! Sorry for your luck man.

25. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Yea it's a helicoil. There was a chunk already out of it when I got the car, The PO had a bolt and nut on it. I removed it and put the heliciol in with the right bolt. All was good until I changed the starter this morning, It came apart as I was loosening the bolts.

26. Harry,I'm just thinking outside the box but would it be possible to fabricate a "L" bracket that would attach to the block where the two top arrows are and a plate on the bottom to run a bolt through the plate and to the starter,,that could possibly get you back on the road and avoid having to find a new block. HRP

[​IMG]

27. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Bummer Merlin... Is it a SBC? If so, I found the following info that may help you.

Get an "adapter plate". All the classic Chevrolet parts suppliers sell them ( ie: Danchuk ). They were originally made in order to use a late model automatic transmission on the early 265 blocks that did'nt have provisions for block mounted starters; they used bellhousing/transmission mounted starters. This plate goes between the engine and whatever transmission gets used. The only real drawback is that you have to use an old style bellhousing/transmission mounted starter. The plates are about $100.00 then you also have to buy a "new" old style starter. And don't forget to install the starter support bracket.

28. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

HRP, Curtis I have thought about some sort of bracket however I'm not sure which way I'm going with it yet. I have a lead on another block but I have to pull a head to see what this one has for bore size.

29. Curtis has the right idea. HRP

[​IMG]

If you are installing a later model automatic transmission in your 1955-1956 classic with a 265 V8, which has no provisions for a block mounted starter, you will need this plate. This starter plate mounts between the rear of the engine and the transmission providing an original style mounting surface for your starter like the one in your stock bellhousing. You can also use this plate in 1957 models with broken starter mount holes or pads. Use in a 1957 model will require using a 1955-1956 style transmission mounted starter. Will work with all popular GM automatic transmissions. Use of a 168 tooth flexplate is required.

30. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I'm thinking about that route. I do know while the engine is out I'm going to get with your trans guy over in Easley about it's issues.