Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas nostalgic drags & rod run, april 11 & 12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chettar, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Hey Phillip,
    That last scene with the Flathead FED showing "smoke" coming off the tires was cool.....now maybe I need to add something to my signature that says something about that white stuff is being "created"....not just sluffing off some excess salt like Phil's cars...hahaha.....gonna have to work on that:rolleyes:

Missed ya....the Studebaker looked good out there....call you soon

2. Is this meet on every year a week after the Roundup?

3. From what I remember, that is right.....you could pm chedder....aka Chet, who is the ringleader:cool:

4. This was my first ever drag race experience.. Man does my car need some work but, damn was this fun! I have caught the bug now...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  5. Saw your car parked next to us....looked good....had to look even better out on the line:cool:
    Glad to see that you were out having fun with it, on your first outing. And watch out now.....cause "you got the bug":eek:....remember....Little River first weekend of May:D

6. Skot,

I was going to come introduce myself since we are constantly on Brian V.'s emails but lost track of time. Yes, I caught the bug... So much fun.. I am in dire need of somebody that can tune my car. Re jet carbs (rochester 2G's), set timing correctly. I need to upgrade the old dual point distributor with something a bit more modern. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing but at the line when trying to get the RPM's up the motor kept falling on its face. Anyway... looking for a good motor man to help me out... If I can get these things worked out I will for sure be at Little River the first weekend of May. I think you need to give Brian a hard time for not being the cook like promised.. ha ha Brian..

7. seatex

seatex

And a good time was had by all! Congrat's to Slim of the LOOSERS! who took low e.t. with a 5.30.................. kick ass!

8. Danny...your neighbor should have the know how ....he's pretty good at those "pesky sbc's".... Even if he likes injectors over carbs:rolleyes:

9. And another congratulations to y'all ....that car flys....even though it doesn't have a Flathead:rolleyes:....hahaha

10. yeah was hoping... can't seem to get him interested... think he hates the 2 barrels with a passion...

11. Well, he is good with injectors:cool:....sooo....oh, that's right you "want to drive it as well:D"....I understand

12. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Where's the pics??? :D:D:D

13. I looked at the video that Phil posted, don't know about others who took pictures??...I was spending my time messing with the Dragster instead of looking around....I need a clone machine, so I can do several things at once...haha

Post pictures...if y'all have em....I wouldn't mind seeing what was all around me:rolleyes:

Thanks

14. chettar

chettar

We will order additional shirts on Tuesday, 4/15 if you would like one email me at; [email protected] for ordering info. Shirts and Poster were incredibly popular this year!

15. chettar

chettar

Extra shirts will be ordered. Email me at; [email protected] for ordering info.

16. chettar

chettar

For some great pictures of the "LEGENDS" Event go to; flickr.com/photos/jacofoto/page1/

More pictures and 2 videos to follow!:)

17. chettar

chettar

You can not only have a shirt but the "Double Dragon" Poster as well, check it out under Jeff Norwell's post. Send me an email or PM and i will get back to you; [email protected]

18. chettar

chettar

The "LEGENDS" Nostalgic Drags will always be the weekend after the LSR, I won't miss that! Event is held in Sealy, TX approx. 30 miles west of Houston on I-10. Only a short hop, skip and jump from Austin, about a two hour drive if you get out of Austin before rush hour!

19. Pictures...here ya go....Chet just sent this to me

[FONT=&quot]Well the first batch of pictures have arrive of our 4th Ever, "LEGENDS" Nostalgic Drag and Rod Run. The attached link will take you to Flickr where Bill Jacomet has posted a number of incredible pictures of this weekends event. While it would take many pages to describe all the great things that happened, two stand out, the first being Heidi Van Horne, colonist for the Houston Chronicle graced us with her presence after writing a great article about our event that appeared in the Houston Chronicle last Thursday and 6 year old James Bane raced the Scorpion I a dragster that was built by Legendary Texas racer Bobby Langley in the 50's and won! Enjoy the pictures and please share with friends because I do not have everyone's email particularly those in the LEGENDS photo. I will post on my Facebook page so please send people there for these and other postings as I receive them.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]https://www.flickr.com/photos/jacofoto/page1/[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Chet [/FONT]

20. Danny G

Danny G

I don't think tuning the carbs is next. Got to find tdc and the right tab but a 3.0 gear with a 31 inch tire ,a 2700 pound car and a turbo 350 is not a good combo

21. Cheers for that,something else to plan around while tripping.

22. Danny,
    You're right ....real bad combo to drag with...good highway combo for mileage
    Here's the cure....like in my little 3w...."Quickchange rear end".....ya can have it all....maybe not cheaply:rolleyes:....dang universal problem with street cars running on the track, and why I quit running the orange 5w

23. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Thanks!

Nice shout-out to Family Force 5 there later in that album :D:D:D

24. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I see the little Rebel was beating up un the hemis now.
    What happened Skotz,still licking your wounds from the Thaw?:D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  25. Just to clarify.. I built the car as a driver not a dragster. I am not looking to convert it to one now. It has run like crap since I built it, it still runs like crap and I can't find anybody to tune it. Fully aware of its short falls as a drag car. Simply needing a carb guy.
    I would love a quick change rear end God knows for no other reason than it would look a sight better from the back of the car than the 9 inch. Wasn't in the budget. But I will put it on my wish list... :) hasta luego fellas

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Ha. We had fun. James is still talking about his race with the Scorpion. Thanks to Chet and everyone involved in making this race happen. After the race James got Don Ross and Bill Crosby to sign his Scorpion poster. Another one down. lol

27. Well, first of ....when those dirty dog Rebels ran against Flathead Fever, they "cheated" and slipped in one of those new fangled ohv:eek: engines on me.....sorry devils

Sooo, to fight fire with fire....we got Scorpion1 with its "Firedome Hemi" to go against James.....

Sorry son of a gun got a hole shot....by luck, of course:rolleyes:....and the game was over......for now.....stay tuned....we have more in store....danged ol young drivers.....we'll show em:D

Again a good day was had by all who were there

28. chettar

chettar

29. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I think he's got his sites set on a match with that Stearman next.:eek: