Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Samj

Samj

More sitting and rotting...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  2. Samj

Samj

Still sitting and rotting...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Tudorp

Tudorp

Here's a bad picture of an old coupe I took on the fly last year. It's been sitting on the edge of a crop field for the past 12 years that I know of. Odds are it has been there much longer. Still there. Last year I wanted to inquire on it, and pulled into the old farm house that sits on the same property. Very scary and odd. When I pulled in, there was someone peeking through the curtains in the window. I got out of my truck, and a scary looking gal came out from the back and was by the house peeking around at my truck. I called over in a friendly gesture and started walking towards her trying not to look aggressive or threatening, and she turned and fast walked back and went in the back door of the house. I stood there for a minute calling out in a friendly manor, but she never came back out. I took that as either she was scared, or just not the type to want unwelcomed visitors, so I took that as my que to just let it go and leave. But this old coupe remains just sitting there.
    [​IMG]

4. Tudorp

Tudorp

Removed the stang pics so the thread isn't compremised.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  5. johnod

johnod

You're killing me man, that looks like a Kaiser quarter to me, are these recent pics?

6. That's a 66... But due to the HAMB no Mustang policy no one here will care. Except me. :)

7. If anyone cares, a 64-1/2 would have a 260 V8 logo on the fender. It's not clear enough in the photo to tell.

8. Tudorp

Tudorp

If I remember (not sure), it's a 289 chevron.

9. flyin54

flyin54
    from modesto ca

And a generator, 65s got a alternator

10. Tudorp

Tudorp

Yep. But thats about my extent of knowlege on Mustangs between the .5 and the 65. But i also remember them saying it doesn't have the original motor in it, so, dunno more than that.

11. A 65 has this grill.

[​IMG]

12. Tudorp

Tudorp

Removed the "stang" pics so this thread won't be compremised. I like to see the pics.

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The pot metal trim piece on the quarter panel is different too.

14. PonyXpress

PonyXpress

A few years ago I found these sitting in the woods. Probably drove past them all of my life & never knew they were there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. looks like a 37-8 chevy[​IMG]

16. like they say it's always a 64 1/2....which will have open slats in the radiator support - to cool the generator....they always say it's a "32".....a 64 1/2 hood is also different....just sayin....

17. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

good policy ---follow it so we don't lose this thread...

18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That "truck" is a Cadillac flower car for funerals. Used them up North for ganster funerals, I guess. Never saw one anywhere in Texas.

19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bow your head, say three Hail Marys, and send me $275.00 in cash. All will be forgiven. Now, go my Son.

20. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With an attitude like that, one can only hope the San Andreas fault will wake up and make Nevada the West Coast. Happy landing, loser.

21. fairlaneranch

fairlaneranch

The Chevy looks pretty solid and savable, What about the Ford ( I think!?!)? Any hope of saving these?
    <mytubeelement data="{&quot;bundle&quot;:{&quot;label_delimitor&quot;:&quot;:&quot;,&quot;percentage&quot;:&quot;%&quot;,&quot;smart_buffer&quot;:&quot;Smart Buffer&quot;,&quot;start_playing_when_buffered&quot;:&quot;Start playing when buffered&quot;,&quot;sound&quot;:&quot;Sound&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification&quot;:&quot;Desktop Notification&quot;,&quot;continuation_on_next_line&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;loop&quot;:&quot;Loop&quot;,&quot;only_notify&quot;:&quot;Only Notify&quot;,&quot;estimated_time&quot;:&quot;Estimated Time&quot;,&quot;global_preferences&quot;:&quot;Global Preferences&quot;,&quot;no_notification_supported_on_your_browser&quot;:&quot;No notification style supported on your browser version&quot;,&quot;video_buffered&quot;:&quot;Video Buffered&quot;,&quot;buffered&quot;:&quot;Buffered&quot;,&quot;hyphen&quot;:&quot;-&quot;,&quot;buffered_message&quot;:&quot;The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.&quot;,&quot;not_supported&quot;:&quot;Not Supported&quot;,&quot;on&quot;:&quot;On&quot;,&quot;off&quot;:&quot;Off&quot;,&quot;click_to_enable_for_this_site&quot;:&quot;Click to enable for this site&quot;,&quot;desktop_notification_denied&quot;:&quot;You have denied permission for desktop notification for this site&quot;,&quot;notification_status_delimitor&quot;:&quot;;&quot;,&quot;error&quot;:&quot;Error&quot;,&quot;adblock_interferance_message&quot;:&quot;Adblock (or similar extension) is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add this url to adblock whitelist.&quot;,&quot;calculating&quot;:&quot;Calculating&quot;,&quot;waiting&quot;:&quot;Waiting&quot;,&quot;will_start_buffering_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start buffering when initialized&quot;,&quot;will_start_playing_when_initialized&quot;:&quot;Will start playing when initialized&quot;,&quot;completed&quot;:&quot;Completed&quot;,&quot;buffering_stalled&quot;:&quot;Buffering is stalled. Will stop.&quot;,&quot;stopped&quot;:&quot;Stopped&quot;,&quot;hr&quot;:&quot;Hr&quot;,&quot;min&quot;:&quot;Min&quot;,&quot;sec&quot;:&quot;Sec&quot;,&quot;any_moment&quot;:&quot;Any Moment&quot;,&quot;popup_donate_to&quot;:&quot;Donate to&quot;,&quot;extension_id&quot;:null},&quot;prefs&quot;:{&quot;desktopNotification&quot;:true,&quot;soundNotification&quot;:true,&quot;logLevel&quot;:0,&quot;enable&quot;:true,&quot;loop&quot;:true,&quot;hidePopup&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlay&quot;:true,&quot;autoBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBuffer&quot;:false,&quot;autoPlayOnBufferPercentage&quot;:42,&quot;autoPlayOnSmartBuffer&quot;:true,&quot;quality&quot;:&quot;default&quot;,&quot;fshd&quot;:false,&quot;onlyNotification&quot;:false,&quot;enableFullScreen&quot;:true,&quot;saveBandwidth&quot;:false,&quot;hideAnnotations&quot;:false,&quot;turnOffPagedBuffering&quot;:false}}" event="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement data="{&quot;loadBundle&quot;:true}" event="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

22. Somewhere in California I think.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397133818.208715.jpg

Dustin

23. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

Ancient anti-theft devices. Looks like a '58-59 Merc or Ford in the background.

24. Looks like it's been there quite a while?

25. Tudorp

Tudorp

My bride's family property there are several cars out on the 400 acre spread. There is one that has a tree growing through it like that as well. Won't post a picture because it isn't a supported car here, but awhile back I posted a "30 Minute Parking" sign on the tree growing from it. Just thought it would be a funny picture.

26. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

What's the car on the right? Looks like a model A engine, but that's not a Model A firewall. Also, what's the fire extinguisher looking thing mounted on the firewall?

27. Terraizer

Terraizer

That is a 1934-1937 International truck, and by the front bumper it is a bigger truck.

28. hotsam

hotsam
    from East TN

Just went through this thread a little bit. Heres mine I saved it from where it had been rotting since the 1970's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

the fire extinguisher on the fire wall is a vacume fuel pump.