Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwestern PA get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2loud2old, Jun 16, 2012.

1. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

[FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Norwin Hills Car Cruise starts Apr 5th---anyone going if it ain't snowing,storming,or freezing?
    [/FONT]

2. car doctor

car doctor

The Lewis boys will be there on the 19th.

3. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

You bringing the "new" car?:D

4. car doctor

car doctor

It will be there but I don't know who will be driving it. I hate the color, it's ugly. Fenders coming off and a new color next winter.

5. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

If we go to eat & park on 19th we can go here after!

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="750"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="138">[FONT=Georgia, Arial, sans-Serif]Event
    [​IMG]
    Cars For Sale
    [​IMG]
    Classifieds
    [​IMG]
    Merchandise
    [​IMG]
    Contact Us
    [​IMG]
    About Us

[/FONT] </td> <td valign="top" width="470">
    [​IMG]

<table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="470"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="center" bgcolor="navy"> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] April 2014 Car Cruises - Pennsylvania [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center"> <table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Event Title:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Jefferson Hills, PA. Large Hotel Spring Car Cruise NOON
    [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Location:
    [/FONT] </td><td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] South Hills Rt 51 @ Toll Road 43 Interchange
    [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Address:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] 5100 Oak Road
    [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td nowrap="nowrap"> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] City, State Zip Code:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania 15025
    [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Date:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] 4/19/2014
    [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Time:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] 12 Noon to 6P
    [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Entry Fee:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] $1
    [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Description:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Please join us to kick off the 2014 season. Trying an early one despite the recent weather. Will have second cruise on 5/3 even if able to get in on 4/19. DJ Charlie Brown, All welcome. Olde Large Hotel - since 1903.
    [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Rain Date:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] 5/3/2014
    [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Contact Person:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Jim Sprites 412-897-7475 (cell), Skinny 412-853-8970, Hotel 412-384-9950 [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Contact Phone:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] 412-384-9950
    [/FONT] </td> </tr> <tr> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] Contact Email:
    [/FONT] </td> <td> [FONT=Arial, sans-Serif] none[/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

6. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Did anyone go to norwin? Was there anyone there? anyone going this week:confused:?

7. I talked to Gary that runs Norwin cruise and, he said that 20-30 cars showed up. Ain't lookin too bad for this Saturday. My beater is pinned in the garage behind a big waste of money (boat) so, maybe I'll do a walk thru this Saturday.

Dustin

8. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

I went to Meyersdale on Sun---nice turnout there---might go to Delmont tomorrow & norwin sat,but will depend on how I feel at the time---got around 250 miles on the roadster so far this year

9. Did you get it cleaned yet Gary? :)

Dustin

10. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

wiped it off--thats all

11. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Hey Sam---you got much response for Eat & park?:confused:

12. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I'm planning on being there. there's gonna be beer right?

13. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

If there is no responses--you might be there by yourself:eek:---better bring your own haha

14. choppednslammed

choppednslammed

Hey guys ,

I was told today by word of mouth that tonight there will be a cruise night at Blackout Tinting in Latrobe right beside Lincoln Lanes starting around 5.From what I heard there will be some dogs on the fire,owner is trying to get this to be a weekly thing.If your in the area stop by and check it out...Jim

15. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Hey Gary, I was the only one that showed up last year so if anybody shows up it will be better than last year. I'll still bring the donuts and the beer!

I just got back from Italy today and while I was in Milan Sat.I get talking to my cab driver, turns out he is an old car guy. Has a couple of restored Fiats one a 50s small cab over that was a taxi and a couple of the little 500s. Showed me pictures of him at a show with the car and trophies. I was in Palermo,Sicily last Sunday I got in the middle of about 30 or 40 old restored Fiat 500s and several other small cars that I couldn't identify Lancias, Audis,BMWs, the lone VW beetle looked like a limo compared to the others. Saw a lot of old Fiat 500s from the 50's -70's all over Italy. The new Fiat 500s look big compared to the old ones and the Mini Coopers look huge over there.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  16. 2loud2old

2loud2old

by the way, gas was 1,88 euro per liter....works out to about $9.50 per gallon!

17. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Bring me up to speed, which Eat N Park and when? Is this some club thing or just come, hang and talk cars?

Kensey
    North Hills

18. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

Kensey, since this is your first time there, it's on you to bring the beer and pay for the breakfast buffet at E n' p. we'll bring the bullshit.

19. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

Hi Kensey,

I haven't made the previous meets there but I assume this is the address.

1250 W Main St
    Monongahela, PA 15063

It's supposed to be this coming Saturday, the 19th. Not sure about the specific time.

I'll try to make it. Unless I hear something from Harrisburg on my pending plate and title transfer and have to do any quick fixes with the pickup.

20. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

10am Saturday,APR 19th

21. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

Yep, there was a real good turn out at Caste yesterday.

22. book85

book85

I might swing up to eat n park if thats ok with you guys. You guys just drive up in your cars, grab something to eat, and bs?

23. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Book85,

Why sure it would be OK. Hope the weather is decent.

Ago

24. Cant make this one... have fun guys

25. 2loud2old

2loud2old

That was the idea of our first get together. Just a bunch of guys that like old cars getting together to talk about old cars. Go back to the beginning of this thread and read some of the posts. Pictures of Eat'n Park get togethers #63 #65 #66 #67 #73 #74 #75 #524 (Seems that it threatens to rain every year.)

26. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

yeah, it's snowin' right now. might have to drive the daily, still have the sandbags in the bed.

27. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Take the sandbags out & put a couple kegs in there haha:eek:

28. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Hey Gary, Is that thing still on at Large Sat. afternoon? We could drive down the river road, stop in at Johnny's Drive In in West Elizabeth then go on up route 51 to Large. That place is the same as it was 50 years ago.

29. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

As far as I know its on--its on car cruises.com
    Old Large hotel been there since 1903

30. 2loud2old

2loud2old

A couple of years ago the man that owns Johnny's said that he would open early on a Sat. for us to have a kind of private breakfast get together. I think they usually open at 11:00 or noon on Sat. Didn't get much of a response so I didn't pursue it. Johnny's has that weekly Tuesday night cruise, but they only get a dozen or so regulars. I try to stop in there about once a month. The guys there are real welcoming. We have a lot of old school places that we should be going to. I really like Fiddles in Brownsville, you cant get any more authentic than that place.