Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Coleman Coupe gets some R&R

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ct1932ford, Nov 12, 2013.

1. touring20

touring20

Hey I was wondering , what kind of lift do you have your duece on ? I see it is smaller and will fit better in hobby shops ! Nice duece sits perfect !

2. It is a Stinger lift. I have had it for many years and in two different garages. It is the best tool I have ever had for sure.
    http://www.stingerlifts.com/index.html

3. 48bill

48bill

Mark,

So sorry about the accident. Sometimes "shit happens" for no apparent reason. Get well quick.

4. Thanks Bill!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  5. Well the guys in Bridgeport that I had left my radiator with turned out to be a mistake. :mad:They called me telling me telling me it needed a new core and this and that and $1,200 :eek:Told them to leave it alone and I picked it up. When I did they had started working on it. (not Good) Anyway I took it to a much more professional shop in Meridan that specialize in antique radiators ,gas tanks etc.. They said they had seen worse and worse case would still be one third of the other quote.:cool: So that seems to be going in the right direction. Now the bad news I go for another MRI this weekend since they now think I reinjured my shoulder when I fell last week.:(

6. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

That shop in Bridgeport affiliated with Dragone?

7. wicarnut

wicarnut

Nice car!, Kool project. Hope you're healing up quickly, its hard to be patient while waiting for the old body to mend. I've gotten pretty careful with all the things I took for granted and some things, I just can't do anymore. Aging is not what I thought would be, but still better than the alternative. 32 Fever!, its a good thing! Get Well Soon! John

8. I don't think so! :rolleyes:I hope not.:eek:

9. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

LOL

Yeah my thoughts exactly

10. pumpman

pumpman

Sorry to hear about the over heating accident, just have to drop it down a gear for a while as you're healing, once that is done you can give it hell.

11. Well got results from 2nd MRI.:mad: It's official I completely re-tore the rotator cuff and the bicep.:eek: Going under the knife again. Hope it's soon. Will find out in a few days. This has not been a good spring at all. The coupe is very much on hold.:( My wife told me already the garage will be off limits after this operation.:confused: I will post again when it has something to do with work on the 32. I promise. Thanks for all the support. The wife will have to cut the lawn now:D

12. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

I feel for you, Dr Kaplan in Waterbury did my rotator cuff years ago and remember the pain and the rehab time.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  13. Roger53

Roger53

Very nice car get well soon . Roger

14. Well I go under the knife again in the morning.:mad: Second time and I have orders from the wife that I do not go near the garage this time.:rolleyes:
    Anyway I started drawing again since I do have use of my right hand. Did drawings of 33anda3rd's coupe and my roadster. May try my coupe next.:cool: Not going to be in any condition to make the Friday Art Show so I posted them here. I am a little rusty. Been a long time since I had the sketch book out.:eek:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

hope the overhaul goes well

16. pumpman

pumpman

Nice drawings, did a lot of that in school (detention hall). Hang in there and I hope all goes well.

17. Thanks guys! I did lots of drawings way back when. Here are a few I kept!

Attached Files:

18. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Good luck with the procedure...and keep yourself clean this time!!

19. 48bill

48bill

Mark,

All the best for the 2nd surgery. I think the wife has the right idea even though it is a pain. Rest and PT as directed will get you better ASAP and then back on the coupe. You have the roadster to drive and the coupe will still be there. You are a good artist.

Prayers for a quick recovery.

20. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

When you get back on your feet I have a couple of old Whizzer motorbikes that need a new home...

21. Thanks for the kind words all! Whizzer motor bikes :eek: I think I need to stay on 4 wheels:rolleyes:

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG] Mark, Hope your second goround goes well. Is this sketch the UFO-32? I remember seeing it right after the rear fenders got bobbed, with flawless TIG weld bead. Bob

23. I can't remember if I did the drawing before or after I chopped etc. UFO-32. It does look like it though.

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

So those UFO-32 bobbed fenders were your handywork?

25. Chopped the top did the fenders and rear pan with firebird tail lights, Made the standup gas tank behind the back seat and did the gas door under the rear window in the belt line. Can't remember what else! May have done the rear and some frame work. I did do the vette rear in Larry's 3 window. Man time fly's!

26. Just got home from early morning surgery:confused: Drugs have me a little tipsy.:p Anyway they have me really strapped up this time:rolleyes: Hard to type but I will be spending much time on the HAMB :cool: since my wife won't let me near the garage.:mad: I would like to thank all you guys again for the kind words of support and PM's. Good people here for sure:) I am hoping to be all healed for the Silver City Shakedown June 7th It will be my first outing with the roadster this year!:cool: Obviously the Coupe will not be done in time.:(
    This Thread has really gotten side tracked but I hope to get it back to the point in about 5 or 6 weeks:cool:

27. ScooterCO

ScooterCO
    from Parker, CO

I used to love going and stopping at the house and see If Mr Colman was in the garage. Many times he was. Lucky day. He was the father of one of my buddys from high school days
    That coupe is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen.
    The man was a master at hammer welding. He used a gas torch and when he was done you could hardly tell where the weld was.
    He told me of the day he went to go get the coupe. It was on a ranch out in easter Colorado. When he got there the rancher took him out and showed him a body sunk into a creek bed. Mr Colman was ready to leave and the rancher offered him the car if he would buy him breakfast. Well the rest was history folklore. He told me he had to replace the bottom six inches all the way around.
    This is one car I wish all of you could see.

28. Wow !Thanks for the story!:cool: Funny if you look on the inside of the body it looks like there is not a patch panel anywhere:confused: I have had the interior out and the body looks super straight on the inside.If that is true he must have been more than good. I know he made the license plates Neal East told me that story. I am running those same plates here in CT! (that's another story):cool: Again thanks for the info. Love to hear that stuff!

29. Well it has been 33 hours since surgery and the pain is just now starting to be tolerable.:eek: I had one rough night. No sleep just wicked pain. Drugs did not help once the block wore off:( Much worse than the first operation.:confused: So now I feel like getting back to the coupe:rolleyes: My wife will shoot me if I go near that garage. After last night I think I will listen to her for once.:cool:

30. Last night I get a phone call around 9:30pm. I look at the caller ID and it shows Don Coleman. Yes I got goose bumps! Anyway it is Don's son. Well I kept him on the phone for quite some time. Trying to soak up as much info as possible. He helped his Dad build the car and really knew everything about the coupe. What a great guy! I will be calling him back soon once I get my thoughts together.
    As far as the re-build on the coupe I hope to get back to it soon. I am in PT now for the shoulder and it is getting a little better each day. I did get some exhaust hangers in. (don't tell the wife). Anyway I just wanted to tell everyone about the phone call. Will start posting photos soon. Wait almost forgot I did draw a picture of the coupe last week. The one thing I can do. Coupe Draw 001.jpg