Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Leaf Spring Help Please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saltflatwilly, Apr 8, 2014.

1. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

Anyone know where to get new rear leaf springs 53" long 1-3/4" wide. For a 1932 Rockne/Studebaker. I assume they were possibly used on other MFG's!? Plymouth, Chevy etc... Anyone have any sources?

Mine just gave up after 92 years:(

2. squirrel

squirrel

you might want to try a spring shop, see if they can make some for you. Most big cities have a shop that can handle the job.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

A lot of times a spring shop can make up a new main leaf and retemper the others to make them work again. Truck shops are generally where you find this old time craft still being practiced.

Don

4. scott51

scott51

what those guys said

I've had quite a few done by local truck and trailer places, generally pretty cheap too

5. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

www.eatondetroitspring.com

Never used them, but I hear great, great things. Supposedly THE source for springs.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Stock replacement they may be all right. Good luck if you want something non-stock.

Blue

7. <cite class="_fd">www.saintlouisspring.com/</cite>&#8206; They made some for my henry j,they had the patterns and they made them for 2 inches extra lift,121.00 apiece including bushings and teflon pads,very happy with my purchase and they shipped them.(shipping extra)Pete.

8. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

We have two shops I town that do custom springs, but shipping to the East Coast might be the killer.

9. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Best and cheapest to buy locally if you have a spring shop in your area. They are not so common since cars don't use leaf springs anymore, but they are still around for truck repairs. But they can make you springs any size you need.

10. stimpy

stimpy

CAll Eaton and talk to a tech . they have made me some custom springs for me . and they only cost a few dollars over the original style . they are a big spring shop . be prepared to have some measurements for them . or they might ask you for some specifics like eye lengths and widths , if not them then a local truck shop should do them , but often they need the originals to have something to work off of .

11. sadsack

sadsack

eaton
    sadsack

12. saltflatwilly

saltflatwilly
    from MASS

Thanks everyone. I went with Eaton and they wee very good to work with. They have a sheet on there website you can fill out and then submit. I modified it a little bit to my needs, they contacted me and offered advice that worked out great. They are in the car and wicked pissa! I highly recommend them