Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***Annual Mid-West HAMB-B-Q 2014***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nate, Mar 12, 2014.

1. NoSurf

NoSurf

Talk to 2muchstuff.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. A. Is he affiliated? B. are you posting from your graphing calculator?

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Any idea if first watch has any picnic tables or anything outside? I'm trying to sort out a way that we can make it to everything but also bring my pup along instead of being kenneled most of the day.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Tim, I don't think first watch would have anything outside, but that's just for breakfast so if the pup good in the car for that long the rest of the day he/she would be good to go. If you wanted to bring him/her out here before breakfast we would have a place.

5. ALSO, Gus and I have been working on his T speedster that he got from Jay. We are going to set up a little donation station if anyone wants to help him get it going, also if you have T parts you want to contribute (either by donation or sell (he has chicken egg selling money :) ) ) he's pretty excited!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hmm those might be options, idk if leaving him sit in the car will work I'll have to do some test runs. He gets board pretty quick and do t want him being destructive.

Though A 90 lb dog in the back seat is a pretty period correct security device

7. NoSurf

NoSurf

Haha!!! Awesome! That makes me smile.

He is going to have to join the HAMB and FordBarn!!!

I wonder what he'll choose for his HAMB name?

T-hawker?

8. Probably "CremeSoda4breakfast"

:rolleyes:

9. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I may make it later in the evening. There is a somewhat local event that I've missed every year and I promised I'd make it this year which is the same day. Best of luck to everyone, I hope to see you sometime that evening!

10. Go Gus!! What does he need for the T???

11. We just ordered some new rear spring shackles so the next thing would be engine. We are actually thinking about an A drivetrain! We have the 27 cowl so any body parts would be awesome. We also need some steel spoke wheels and hubs. We are on the hunt!

12. Run the wood wheels!!! They are great. If you don't run them, I need them for the BFT! I have some t motor parts, block etc.

13. NoSurf

NoSurf

I heard you can soak the wooden spokes in linseed oil and rejuvenate them somewhat. But then don't you have a wood lathe...............???????? :)

14. I'm actually not worried about the spokes so much, I DO have a wood lathe and I'm NOT afraid to use it. The rims are pretty rotten though, at least on a couple.

15. The good news is the rims come off the wheels, so you can replace the outer rim.

16. Cool, I'll look at them some more, we are seriously considering an A or B? drive train if we can come up with it, Gus may learn to drive on this thing so it might be easier. if he wants to drive a T he'll always have zachs ;)

17. we've hijacked this thread..... better start a build thread... GUS!
    Chris Marshall has a B motor/trans

18. Back on track! Who's bringing some potato salad!

19. One more point on Gus' T, our neighbor dug our 5 16" ford wire wheels.. maybe from 1935? with the direction to trade them for parts for his T.. so if anyone has some stuff and wants to trade at the BBQ that would be swell.

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looking like since it's is Sarah's birthday after all that we are going to hit yarn barn in Lawrence and then head to the BBQ.

The fun starts at 2 correct?

21. Hit the toystore on mass too it's a good one.

If you want to come before 2 we should be there at noon or before firing up the cookers.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Ok cool :) trying to plan out drive over there to distract me from my big "secret" project I'm trying to finish before the BBQ :)

23. A secret project! Anyone else have last minute work to do? I know the pickup has been needing attention.

24. so, firing up the cookers huh? As in smokers, or grills? Any room for salmon in any of those? I've got a freezer full that needs some bellies to call home.

I'll also hit up the new soda shop in town for some variety. Any requests?

25. Bill, we will have gas, charcoal and an electric smoker so we will make room. I've got some fish eaters here! Anything you want to bring will be great. We'll have a monster cooler for drinks too.

26. chopper daddy

chopper daddy

Count me in! May arrive in a new to me truck.

27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Just a quick bump to the top for those who may have not seen it. :)

28. One week away ladies and gents! We're working on the plan for the grub now, it's gonna be tasty!

29. Coming up fast!