Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Portland Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Half-Fast Motors, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Ironhorse74

Ironhorse74

Still in the middle of a deal. Looking good so far.

Brad

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. CGkidd

CGkidd

Anyone have a spare vendors pass?

3. I hit the show yesterday, awesome weather and lots of great projects & parts to be had.

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Hit the Expo yesterday, and made a few more minor purchases. Funny that I got a Moon style gas pedal at PIR, and then found the real deal Moon gas pedal for $15 Fri. at expo. Picked up a couple Hurst shifter handles, so hope one of them works on the Falcon. Lots of great stuff at Expo, but man was I ever sore after walking PIR Thur. and it didn't get any better Fri. !!!

5. Couldn't make it this year but my son made his 30th year visit.

6. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Found some signs early Friday and a Atlas thermometer $8.00

Attached Files:

7. My initial plan was to hit the raceway today and the expo tomorrow, but after finishing up at pir my wife and I hopped on the bus and walked through the expo. So all in all we spent around 11 hours walking today.

I picked up a third row mini van seat at PIR for $20 and then had to carry the heavy bastard for 45 minutes until two very nice old timers in a golf cart picke my wife and I up and took us to our truck. Very cool of them and I'm very grateful.

At the expo, I tracked down a full set of 50 Olds wheel covers from 3 separate vendors. They need a little work but I've wanted a set of these for a while. I one for $3, one for $2, and then two nice ones for $15 each. I also picked up a $53 Dodge V8 wheel cover for $5.

It doesn't sound like much but we both had a blast. Prices seemed to be really fair with the exception of complete running vehicles, every single one I saw I felt was overpriced. But I guess that leaves room for haggling.

Did anyone get any picks of the survivor hot rod RPU bodied woodie bedded thing in the indoor car for sale building? That thing was kickass and I think everyone here would love it.

8. Ironhorse74

Ironhorse74

I think I got a smoking deal 52 F-1, 3 1/2" chop, Jag IFS and IRS, all the sheet metal.

Attached Files:

9. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Sold pretty well & bought some great stuff. A couple of flat head intakes, a Puyallup Valley Raceway 1962 trophy jacket and since I also collect early West Coast racing stuff, the best was an original 6 x 4 ft Gilmore flag.

falcongeorge likes this.
  10. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Also saw Rusty Bill & April May. Great weekend!!!!

11. briz

briz

met a cool older couple on one of the shuttle buses that has been coming since the 70s.
    bought some tools at a vendor booth that included some Bondhus allen wrenches, brand new in bubble pack, way too cheap. When I mentioned the great price, the guy running the booth said, yeah, they make them in his hometown in Minnesota. I gave my money to the hometown guy who cut out the middleman and carried them to the swap meet where I bought them. Everybody wins.
    Found a great old South Wind heater that I hope to put in my model A. For 15 bucks.
    [​IMG]

12. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Had a great time with my two sons and dad. My dad has been going since the early days, me since the early 80's, and my boys for the last half dozen years or so.

Cant wait for 2015!

13. gilmore

gilmore
    from Missouri

Cool!... post a pic of the Gilmore flag.

14. Great turnout this year and the weather was relatively nice, particularly Thursday and Friday. Lots of stuff found new homes, and there were some deals made for sure! I made the mistake of passing on a front clip for a project that could have used it, even thought it's way down the list, then going back to buy it an hour later and it was gone. To add insult to injury I saw it in the back of a pickup I passed on the highway last night 300 miles from Portland..)-;

15. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I moved out to the PNW from Michigan last summer. Been checking out the different events out here and I decided to check out the Portland swapmeet. My brother flew out and we spent the whole day on Friday just at the Expo Center alone. Talk about a swap meet, this is monsterous compared to anything in Michigan. Alot of great deals and really clean stuff compared to the midwest. Picked up a few small items although I was plenty tempted by alot of other stuff.

16. 117harv

117harv

HPIM2062 (Small).JPG HPIM2063 (Small).JPG HPIM2064 (Small).JPG HPIM2054 (Small).JPG HPIM2055 (Small).JPG HPIM2072 (Small).JPG HPIM2058 (Small).JPG Here are a few pics I took, to busy shopping to take more. This T roadster at the track was missing the deck lid and it needed some repair, he was asking 2 grand, did anyone here scoop it up?

Here are some more projects, didn't get prices on them, the center door sedan is cool.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  17. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

I saw that T roadster and thought the price was pretty high... I also saw the A sport coupe and A pickup (they were at the same booth). I talked to that guy about a title for my T, but no luck. I didn't have a lot of time to dedicate to the swap this year, but I did find a set of original T windshield posts for $20 which I was really happy about. About 1/4 mile later I saw the entire windshield setup for $100, but I was nervous about the width as mine's fiberglass. I had a great time in great weather. Tons of people though...

18. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My brother and I exhibit in the Expo parking lot. The crowd on Friday was amazing, and overall it was our best year ever in terms of sheer number of sales. We pretty much emptied the trailer--so why waste the opportunity? We made one of those "ya don't really want to haul that home, do ya?" offers to a guy on Sunday and wound up hauling a car home. I love the Portland Swap Meet.

19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

The really sad part is we have to wait a whole year before we can do it again! :(

20. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

Was it a Studebaker front clip?

21. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Yes that center door T is cool!

22. verde742

verde742

All you guys that know Don Pennington, sign painter and pinstriper, will probably want to know, his wife called a few minutes ago, and Don's gonna pass soon, He is on his final lap. His wife and daughter had THEE TALK with the doctor in charge, they are just trying to keep him comfy but it's over.
    He was an artist, dreamer, author, etc. etc. they hear different drums,, but I got along with him for over 48 years.

No body gets outta here alive....

Dustan likes this.
  23. AMEN! But at least our feet and knees should be healed.

No, it was '41-'46 Chevy pickup. I didn't realy need it, but I have a cab, two hoods and two nice grills for one, but no small front fenders. it would have at least made a complete package for the kids to scrap when I'm gone.;)

24. Dustan

Dustan
    from PNW

image.jpeg image.jpeg Bought this!