Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion, 2014!!! May 16 and 17, Union S.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 4, 2014.

1. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Curtis, will I be able to leave a trailer at the track Friday night after it shuts down? I'll be pulling the HA/GR up from Florida and want to be there when the festivities start. I will not be camping but will be staying at the hotel.
    Been trying to make this one for four years and if hell does not freeze over, will be there this year.

2. Curtis thanks for getting back with me bud, we are all really looking forward to the show and some good old grudge racing and meeting everyone.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Yes sir, you can leave your trailer at the track Friday night. Look forward to seeing your HA/GR!

4. I arrived at the car show in Myrtle yesterday to find a Steel In Motion flyer on my seat. Yes!

5. Yes you did and your not the only one. don't know how many but handed out all that I had so some body has to know about Still in motion now. Can't wait to get their. Hope my stake looks as good as motoandy does

6. Curtis, as a Plan B, will this make the cut?
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395615389.597934.jpg

7. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Plan B is perfect.

8. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Thanks to everyone involved getting flyers out this weekend at the beach!!! Yall are the best!

9. Met a lot of great people this past weekend at the beach. EVERYONE is excited about Steel in Motion!!!

10. Turtle64

Turtle64

That is one sweet Comet!

11. Thanks man! It's been in my family since late 65. It was a fresh low mile trade-in. My parents drove me home from the hospital in that car. My first ride ever!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395713491.499257.jpg

12. looking forward be here soon

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The Sock Fuckers will be there in full scale attendance!

14. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Still having the car that was your first ever ride, it don't get any better than that. What I wouldn't give to have the 40 ford that I was brought home in but it's long gone. Don't ever sale it and put in your will that you take your last ride in it. We carried my dad on his last ride to the grave site on the bed of an old flat bed truck I still have the new's paper article the people around town thought we were crazy. Greg Porter said that he was going to be burred in the Night Stalker, maybe after I finished with him at the Gasser show at Steel in motion.

15. Union SC will never be the same after this....

16. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

17. Aw man! I was hoping it was today!!!

18. Wooooohoooo!!

BloodyKnuckles

19. Carl5Coupe

Carl5Coupe
    from Buford Ga

7 more weeks, dammit man , I'm ready now. I will be coming in from California for the weekend to make this show. Hell yeah man!!!

20. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Parking Heads Up

1) If you tow a vehichle to the show, there will be a specific area to park your old car and your tow vehicle together. If you want to park your old car in the show area where no tow vehicles are allowed, we will have an area for you to park your tow rig and unload your car.
    2) Absolutely no late models will be allowed on the show side except vendors, swap meet and tow rigs. All of which will have specific area's to park. Last year we had folks convoy in together in a mixed group of old cars and new cars. They all wanted to park and or camp together on the show side with their mix of vehicles. Only the registered cars will be allowed on the show side of the track. Anyone in your group driving a late model car must park on the spectator side (left) of the track.

21. Good move Curtis!

22. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I do see this as an improvement from last year. The hype and line up you have scheduled for this event will set record attendance levels. Can't wait.

23. I have to agree. Good move on keeping the old with the old. Glad I just picked up something show friendly. :)

24. Lowlife1269

Lowlife1269

Well. I think the motor in the Dodge has decided to start the blowing up process. The motor that was installed less than 1 year ago! Started knocking this weekend. So unless I get some great news from the engine guru that's coming to take a look at it or unless someone donates me a good running 318/340/360 mopar v8, I'll not have my car at the show again this year. (Missed it last year because i was having this new fu#*ing engine put in!)

Damn Dodge

25. Thanks Quain. The car is never to be sold as per Mom's orders. My problem is deciding which of my 4 kids gets the car when I take the big dirt nap. Hence the need to have three others on hand when the time comes! ;)

Back to the thread- I am looking forward to Steel In Motion despite the fact that k5hart talked me out of my wagon. Now I'll be hoteling it or adding to tent city! Maybe I can get the old Serro Scotty camper in service by then.

26. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I need a copilot. Bring your own tent. It will be fun.

27. Curtis can we preregister be for the show, could help with getting in a little easier

28. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Tent City! :D

29. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

We are not set up for pre-registration this year. May look into it for next year though.

30. Oh man oh man oh man oh man I am so ready to do some dang ol drag racin man