Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Price opinion - 31 A Coupe project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patman, Mar 31, 2014.

1. patman

patman

Found a project, 31 Model A coupe. 8" ford rear, 4" chop 4" channel, new front end, boxed frame. No engine or trans. Seller is asking $6500, which seems high to me. Opinions on price?

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396318250.507121.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396318264.731955.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. ksmith

ksmith

Does it have a title? Some people have been getting 4-5k for only a nice body. With the frame being boxed and a new front end. That's not too shabby in my book. From what I can tell the body looks pretty good. I would lose that 8" and throw a 9" ford rearend under it though.

3. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

seems high to me too. does it have fenders? even if you're not going to use them they can be sold to recoupe some money. title?

4. cayager

cayager

I guess its worth what your willing to pay. the prices of the coupes are realy getting out of site, but you know what, their not making anymore. if you don't buy it someone will. my value of a dollar must be different. I don't think its terrible. maybe just a touch high but not crazy. their will be tons of opinions here. im sure guys will tell you its worth $800

5. patman

patman

No fenders. No title, but NH is a bill-of-sale state, so that's not unusual.

Yeah, the body looked good...too much channel for me, but that could be changed.

6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Not the best pics but price doesn't seem to far out a line for coupe, chop, new front end, boxed frame, hood and hopefully windshield and other goodies...

7. ml_engr

ml_engr

With what it will cost to finish...whats a few extra bucks on the purchase price.
    Also consider how often you see them for sale in your area. Consideration of travel / deliver of a project can offset a higher price if its local.

However at the end of the day if you want it...go buy it

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

You can't pay too much; you can only buy too early. Time will make the $6500 seem cheap. I sold my chopped and channeled fenderless '30 A coupe in '79 to pay for my last semester of college so I wouldn't have to take out a student loan. Boy was I dumb.

9. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

If thats in the direction you want to build that car then its not bad. Around so cal people want the same price for all stock car just like that, Maybe with fenders. So if u price a chop and channel and boxed frame, and new front end parts (reversed eye spring, dropped axle, hairpins) and newer rear, and on good rolling tires with recessed firewall.. Thats a good head start. Imagine buying the all stocker and having to get rid of all the old stuff and buying new stuff and spending your time or money or both to do that work.... hopefully its not rusted too badly. And at least the bill of sale thing works for where u are.

10. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

What would you want for it if you owned it? Offer 2/3rds of that price. 4k

11. Doesn't sound like too bad of a price.