Register now to get rid of these ads!

wre can i store a shobox close to Lawrence, Massachusetts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the barnstormer, Nov 2, 2013.

1. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Wear a barnstormer shirt and I'll look for you.

2. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Barnstormer.Want to wish you the best on your excursion in the US.And solving the registration/title/insurance problems.Keep us updated.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

3. Skip VLV and go to the Lonestar Roundup in Austin :D

Good luck with the new shoebox. Life's an adventure.

4. I agree about the Roundup!

5. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

long time since i have written here now, got the car in storage in groveland right before christmas, traveling there in the end of this month.
    havent sorted out the insurance yet and dont know if i will before i am there myself, need too find an adress i can use soon, might be some letters from the insurance company coming there but thats all. also wondering, does the car need any kind of inspection before it can be used or does that depend on were the address is located?
    will need a oilshift and som lubrication but i ques i can stopp by any shop to do that.
    got some company too, my brother is coming over one week later to catch up with me.
    really gone make this happen and just take thing like they come with the old car en registration issues.
    cant wait to start this adventure
    and about the roundup, maybe next time

6. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

ok, now i gotten to massachusetts and hope to see the car tomorrow and then see what the local insurance companies says, wish me luck. hoping to get on the road asap

7. Good luck!

8. cayager

cayager

ive lived in mass my whole life. i see many problems here, and throw the stupid state in the blender and you got a real shit slurpee. id assume youd need an address in the state to get insurance. then an address to get plates. so start with some cash for insurance, throw in a good rape for sales tax, title and tags. oh and mass has some real good book values now so stand back when you have to give them $600 for sales tax. i bought a model A in a basket and had to give them like $700 sales tax.

9. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

well hoping for the best, been to the insurance company now and will know tomorrow how that went, if im lucky they get my plates tomorrow, if the tax was to much she had a trick or two- more waiting then, got new muffler coming in the morning and car soon ready at least

10. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Sound like a great adventure. All the best to you. Stu

11. Good Luck on your road trip !

Jim

12. flatheadtommy

flatheadtommy

dear barnstormer, i live 2 towns away so if you get in a bind i have garage space and i'm well known. let me know, Tommy Caruso.

13. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

thanks a lot man. that's just half an hour from here.
    so i really hope i don't need a garage so soon after we finish with the car here but your shop looks really nice. would be cool to se it anyhow

14. cayager

cayager

keep us posted. would figure you'd need a machete to cut through red tape for sure.

15. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

i thought from what i learned from the internet that the insurance part would be the hardest part, got the insurance now and if im lucky i get the plates tomorrow.
    thinking i just might start another tread on the tripp itself when i got started

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      207.8 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      265.5 KB
      Views:
  16. I'm so glad you got it sorted out, should be an awesome trip. KEEP US POSTED!

17. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Keep posting. I love adventures like this, even experienced vicariously. The car looks great and I wish you the best. Keep it rolling!

18. fxstc127ci

fxstc127ci

Wheel bearing's greased, brake's adjusted, oil & filter changed, fluids topped off. Muffler's & rear diff pinion gear oil seal should be in today! Have ya on the road soon brother!

19. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

great work brother, i really do appreciate it.
    dont think its you that's holding me back but the registration. just hope it will get fixed today

20. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

The impulsive acts doesnt make your life easier,but they sure are fun.
    Good luck and post a roadtrip thread!

21. bgaro

bgaro

take Tommy up on his offer if you need to. this fellow is 100% legit and has been doing business in tyngsboro for ever. my dads shop was right down the road(tyngsboro muffler and brake now). he's always had a great reputation.

22. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

beaten but not broken. first round goes to the state of massachusetts, but got a new plan to beat the system and will be working on that tomorrow. car is all good to go exept one sealing at the rear axle that will arrive in the morning tommorow

23. cayager

cayager

what happened at the registry?

24. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

better luck today, got the plates and even the sticker today and gone hit the road tomorrow, took a test drive to the ocean so if all goes well i will be a coast to coast trip. really happy right now

25. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

:):):)

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      202.6 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      247.4 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      276.8 KB
      Views:
  26. fxstc127ci

fxstc127ci

Jon the car looks great at Salisbury beach! Can't wait to see pictures of the car at a beach on the west coast!

27. Newbedonnie

Newbedonnie
    from SC

I hate to say it, but I'm with Loblaw on this one.
    From someone that bought a 1964 BMW R27 in Munchen in 1974, rode it to London and then had it shipped over to the states. Best part about it...it still sits in my garage. Trust me, you're going to need patience, someone that can do all the paperwork for you, and a whole lot of good luck and karma.

28. Liquid Wrench

Liquid Wrench
    from Maine

Great beach pics! Enjoy the trip! -No plans & fly. Good for you and best of luck! Wish I had some time to kill, I'd cruise along with ya!

Kurt

29. the barnstormer

the barnstormer
    from norway

why do i need patience a whole lot of good luck and karma now? the hardest part i always considered to be the registration. now that's that's done i'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.
    she rides beautifully and as long as i don't ride her to hard she will most likely make that trip without any big mishaps.
    and for the shipping there are lots of company that does this, my only consern there is to find the cheapest one that does a good job

30. Wishing you all the best for the journey, drive safely and enjoy.