Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration **The LEGENDS NOSTALGIC DRAGS Auction!**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Up for grabs is a Legends official Nostalgic Drag Giclee print with all money donated to the board.
    Only 2 of these are made,18x24… one will be in the possession of the Famed Drag racer Eddie Hill and the other… is up for grabs.
    Chet Beaty runs this event which will be held this April at Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy Texas.This fun event is dedicated to all the men and women who serve in the Armed Forces.
    Chet will jump on here and give more details about his Killer show….
    Drag Racing…. what's not to like?

The Art will be on view at this years Lonestar Round up in the Jalopy Journal booth.
    The Art is printed on Canvas and ready to hang.
    The auction will start now and run until Sunday April 6th, ending at 6.00 PM.
    All money goes to the HAMB.
    So… Please show your support, and if your at the LSRU 2014,you can drop by the Jalopy Journal Headquarter Booth and take a gander.

BIDDING STARTS AT $50.

GO!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

3. I'll start, even though I know it won't last. $50.00

4. chettar

chettar

Don't miss out on this opportunity to own a piece of racing history by winning the bid for this Giclee Canvas, oil finish, framed and ready to hang picture of Eddie Hill's dragster "Double Dragon" which featured dual blown Pontiac engines with dual racing slicks. This dragster was the first to brake the Legendary mark of 200 MPH at Hobbs, New Mexico on May 6th, 1962. Eddie Hill went on to set many speed records and ET's in this dragster then became the first to break into the 4 second 1/4 mile which earned him the nickname Eddie "Four Father" Hill. If at the Round Up stop by and look at the Giclee Canvas and come see us at the Cackle Fest for more details about our upcoming "LEGENDS" Event on April 11th and 12th. We will be with the blue 1940 Chevy G-Gasser!

5. steel29

steel29

Ill do $100.00

6. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

how about $120...
    Ill do it

7. chettar

chettar

How bout it fellow Texans............Eddie Hill is one of our very own from Wichita Falls lets keep this "One of only Two" pieces of art in Texas!

8. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I really like the artwork and the lettering style and color.

Very Nice ! Jimbo

9. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

10. inzanoqiaw

inzanoqiaw
    from london

This dragster was the first to brake the Legendary mark of 200 MPH at Hobbs[​IMG]

11. chettar

chettar

Many of the "Legends" of the drag strip during the 50's, 60's and early 70's will be at this event in Sealy, Texas on Friday and Saturday, April 11th and 12th the weekend after the LSR. Come meet and visit with "Legends" like "Buggs" Threadgill, Willis Ragsdale, Bobby Knighton, Bob Malone, Willard Buff, Johnny Leibham, J.E. Krestic, Brian Perrenot, Bing Crosby and on and on! The guys who made drag racing what it is today.

12. chettar

chettar

Want a piece of history, if you are lucky enough to win the auction on this Giclee Canvas oil print of Eddie Hill's dragster "Double Dragon" that was the first to break the 200 MPH barrier in the 1/4 mile, you will own the bragging rights to owning 1 of only 2 that will ever be produced. Yours and the one that Eddie Hill will have hanging in his museum in Wichita Falls, Texas!

13. belair

belair

Two one hundred dollar bills

14. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

15. 34andy

34andy
    from WA

16. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Now its going! Great art work!

17. stelmackza

stelmackza
    from london

Yours and the one that Eddie Hill will have hanging in his museum in Wichita Falls, Texas![​IMG]

18. FourFather

FourFather

Hi, Guys and Gals. I just registered here today, and this is my first post. :)

I will be happy to autograph, and personalize if wanted, the print for whoever wins it. They can forward both prints to me, and I can sign yours and forward it on to you.

On a personal note- My wife Ercie and I just returned last night from Hallett Motor Raceway, near Tulsa, where I was awarded the trophy for the 2013 Season Championship in the Formula Ariel Atom road racing class. Big Fun. So after a lifetime of going straight, I am now trying to learn to turn corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwrvqj8TvN8

Regards,

Eddie FourFather Hill :D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  19. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

That makes it as good as gold!!! Great video

20. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

21. chettar

chettar

Eddie Welcome to the H.A.M.B. i know every one will enjoy seeing future posts from the one and only, "Four Father" himself.

22. You guys are forgetting Bobby Langley also a legend of Texas! Welcom to the hamb Eddy Hill!!

23. Marcy

Marcy

You need to keep up;)
    Bobby was honored by the same event 2 years ago
    [​IMG]

and welcome to the HAMB Eddie!

Marcy

24. I dont need nuthin i won that pic your showin there and its framed n still on my wall! lol!

25. You guys from Texas let that one get away and im thankful!

26. Eddie,

Glad to have you on board here....glad to see that you are still messing with things that make noise.

btw, I did some welding on your drag boat when you were in Austin...years ago

27. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Eddie Hill=one of a kind legend!

28. Welcome to the HAMB Eddie,,you hyave no reason to remember me,but I also raced at the Fly'n Fish drag srtip at caddo lake,this is when you still lived in Longview,was also friends with Johnny Williams before his untimly demise..And today ,Johnnys home he built just out of Marshall ,is now the home of George Foreman...small world
    Again Welcome .
    Bob W

29. FourFather

FourFather

Thanks for all the welcomes, guys.

Bob W., - mentioning Johnny Williams - he and I rode motorcycles around the great two-lane roads around Longview, when we were teens. I remember one day I loaned him one of my Indians so we could ride together.

Eddie :D