Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1932 Ford 3 window. Stored for fifty years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod--willys, Mar 30, 2014.

1. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Sorry guys my post was deleted by the gods. You will never know the History story. And it was a cool one:mad:
    I posted a photo of a 32 Ford 3 window that has been in storage for over 50 years. I started the post in traditional hot rods. The post was deleted??? I'm out of here.....

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Huh?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. is there any reason why you cannot repost it?, sounds like a lot of us would enjoy the story.
    Al.

4. You are certainly a man of few words...

5. I saw the story...very cool....What is going on with all the Deletion BS? I would re-post! Don't leave yet....stand your ground.

6. Your right,there has been more stuff deleted in the last few months,I don't understand this one at all.

Granted the first post had a subject but little context. :rolleyes: HRP

7. captmullette

captmullette

I had one deleted also.......looking around.....too bad

8. If all of us that have ever had a thread deleted chose to get our feels hurt and log off there wouldn't be too many people left here.

In the past 11 years I have had more than my fair share of threads deleted,some were on target,some weren't,some were closed because they created drama,others were closed for reasons only the moderator that closed it knows.

Life goes on, a thread being deleted is not the end of the world...you will be back,the Hamb is addictive!:D HRP

9. Pete

Pete

Yup, threads get deleted with no or little reason..... The power of the keystroke.

10. Pete

Pete

But the board if flooded with " so explain your avatar" or "what music do you listen to while wrenching on your rat rod"...... Go figure.

11. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

OK guys. It seems that as I get older I just don't have time for bull shit. I thought that I was posting correctly. It took more time doing the post, to were I just got the pics done. This computer crap is getting harder and harder to put up with. Sorry I got spun up. This is a 32 Ford 3 window that came into Oregon in 1959. It was a nice 50 style California hot rod. Once into Oregon. The car quite running. My old friend bought the car. Stored it in his garage. And for 50 years collected original parts to restore the car to stock. In 2001 the restoration started. It is still in the process as of this post. More pic to come. Check out the front dropped axle.

Attached Files:

12. Nice find !

Thanks for posting ... :D

Jim

13. Glad its back up, so stick around!...I'll look forward to more pics.

14. wicarnut

wicarnut

Great Find! 32 3 window, its a good thing. Good luck with your project and will follow for pics and progress. John

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Hopefully you can help him out so it doesn't another 13 years to finish. I would not have the patience that is for sure. Please share more with us.

16. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Thanks for reposting. Always inspiring to see old cars being found after years of being buried and now resurrected. Please keep posting your progress. Proof they are still out there...

17. alchemy

alchemy

Who owns the car now, you or your friend? Still getting restored, or now going back to hot rod?

18. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Here are some pic's of the near perfect 32 3 Window body. Only area that needed attention was a small creas on the top above the door. All old lead was removed and lead was replaced. The body frame fenders were sent to a diper for paint removal. The fenders need some work, but were very solid.. There is no rust on this car. My friend has collected original 32 parts to restore the car as origial as posible. 50 years of research has gone into the restoration of this car. The car color is Washinton Blue. Under dash and and floor pans pained, sanded, buffed out. More to come.....

Attached Files:

19. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Wow, that is cool. Thanks for sharing.

20. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Body work is done, car is in self etching primer. Then primed with final black primer. Is that not a beautiful body. Fords Best. The body is pefect. Pics showing fenders, doors, trunk lid, all ready for the Washington Blue. Work on the frame. Frame painted. Rear axles together. And being installed in the frame. My friends goal is to make this car into a museum examples of one of Fords greatest V8 ever built. :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  21. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

STOP STOP STOP!!....Your messing up a perfectly good hot rod!!....LOL Just kidding, Its his car to do with what he wants....Since he is going back original Ask him if he will sell me that dropped axle. Or Maybe trade for a stock one. PM me if interested.

22. low51fan

low51fan

great to see another coupe heading back for the road

23. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Cowtown. All the hotrod parts,39 transmission, a later 49-53 239cu in Flat head with 2 97 carbs, dropped axle, sold at the Portland Oregon swap meet years ago:)

24. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

well this is a twist...an old timey hot rod deuce 3w being restored to factory original, here, on the hamb?...go figure....where's my beer?

25. [​IMG]

26. Jason455

Jason455

Nice but seems like a build for the fordbarn.

27. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

To the barn we go:p:cool: