Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects It was supposed to be...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 3030, Mar 30, 2014.

1. 3030

Well after searching,buying ,selling,trading I finally found my car, not really the car but one close to the one I had ,you know the car I never should of sold. Found on craigslist from 62 Vette here on the HAMB. What a sweet car old school 327,4 speed built just like I would have done. Today was suppose to be the first drive. Forcast rain Saturday and just cloudy but dry Sunday. The rain would have washed the lousy salt off the roads and Sunday would be the day. But I woke up to more snow when will it stop? Going to have to wait for another day.

Attached Files:

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That second photo is worth framing and putting on the wall. That's a good looking car that sits just right.

What's the plan? Blue paint and early style mag wheels that sit inside the fenders where they belong this time?

3. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Nice coupe!! I'm near Ithaca and had stuff I wanted to do outside today. Tuesday looks good.

4. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Very cool.. You're a lucky man...

5. See, when you have a coupe like that, the only thing in life left to bitch about is the weather. Lol

6. 3030

I totally rebuilt that car, narrowed the rear,small block chevy,new interior and Halibrand wheels. Sold it to go modified racing, talk about a bad move! Oh well life goes on.

7. Great looking car,I have heard that spring is here but you can't prove it by your photos. HRP

8. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Nice score on the Hot Rod! On the weather not so much!

9. We just had a Blizzard warning hit us. 70 yesterday now this!

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I know how hard it is to wait. We've had the worst winter in years. With that little sweety waiting in the garage just think how nice this summer is going to be.

Frank

11. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Nice ride and yes this the winter that won't end:mad:

12. classic gary

classic gary

that is the same thing everybody said last year, and the year before that and the........ect.
    it's just weather, we can't change it, and when the summer gets here it will not end either.............untill it does.

13. mickeyc

mickeyc

Looks like a very nice homestead as well.

14. rjaustin421

rjaustin421

Heck if you went Modified racing you could have made a small fortune had you asked for my advice.

1) Start with a large fortune

2) Get out when you have a small fortune

15. rockfish

rockfish

Gorgeous car. I hear you on the weather. This has been a long cold snowy winter one Wisconsin too that just won't end. I'm getting spring fever in a bad way.

16. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Patience man! At least you have a nice 34 Ford coupe to run around in come spring time!

17. 3030

Funny thing is after 32 years this family is still doing it with my son. Last year he raced 101 times! He had some big wins, track championship, but I wish that he was into hot rods. LOL

18. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Im with Mr48 that second photo is a work of art. Im digging your farm house.

19. I enlarged the second photo,what's with the drivers side mirror ?

The rectangle shape just doesn't seem to look right with the car. HRP

20. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

It must be an old one, 'cuz I had an identical mirror that came on my "original owner-not driven since '64" stone-stock '37 coupe. Gotta be an OLD Western Auto or such "aftermarket" mirror. DD

[​IMG]

21. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Great car! Love the homestead too!

22. 3030

That mirror was on the car when I got it. Will probably put on the passenger side of the shop truck to match the one I got off a model a

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      472.6 KB
      Views: