Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What do you guys think? Lowering and stance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Please do post some! would love to see it. thanks! Part of the reason I was thinking of going to the 5.50x17 is it alters the ratio of wheel to tire.

thanks

2. Love the truck and reading your posts. I think the front tire change you're talking about is all it needs. Have fun.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Kyron

Kyron
    from Peoria Az

pull 2 leafs from the rear!!

and try the other from tires?

** I really like it as is too**

4. pitman

pitman

Have absolutely no problems with the lines! Looks damn near perfect!
    Less, in this case is more, lots more.

5. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks good, Matt. But you might want to try up a hair in front or down a hair in back. I run 6.00x16 all around, and you're welcome to use them for a trial mock-up.

6. lucky-13

lucky-13
    from Sacramento

Looks good to me

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Take it from post war to mid fifties with a set of big and little whitewalls. The truck has "the look". I dig it.

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

T rear spring to get the ass down, 7.00x16's out back, 4.50x16's on the front.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. My old Model A pickup I built in the late '70's used 15's and 16's. HRP

[​IMG]

10. not a fan of the sub 5.50 tyre's personally far to small fendered or not, so i'd be running 5.50's up front, the big rubber rake is more 50's than 40's so i'd be have 7.00 rears to level it out, but then i'm weird!

if you do want the back lower and you have run out spring options,then the i'd say flat crossmember is the option without risk of touching the bed floor. if it were me i'd get a v8 rear end flip the bells with the spring out front with the v8 crossmember and flatten it up should bring you down a fair bit!

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH! THAT'S A BINGO!!! That's how you say it; ya?:D

12. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

thats the only thing i thought looked wrong

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I just scanned though my volumes of saved pictures and came up with these two. The first one is most definitely 4.50-4.75X16 on the front, the other is Firestone 5.00X16 ribs, which are just about exactly the same height... I have both. I'll dig for more when I next take a break.

Found Kirk Duquette's old woody while I searched too. It's a '28 '29, but the 4.50-4.75 on the front, and like a 6.50 if memory serves on the back.

Attached Files:

14. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

That stance above looks great but it makes the roofs look too tall. If you bring your truck stance down the top needs to come down too. Everything looks in proportion how it is now. My 2cents.

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Gotta dis agree with that 100%!!! When the chocolate burgundy coupe above got chopped a couple of years ago here on the H.A.M.B., I openly cried a few tears! Stock height top, full fenders and an evil stance is all a Model "A" needs to be cool. If you want to chop it, pull the fenders and build a hot rod and make the whole thing make sense. But I don't think that's the deal here.

16. Thanks, gonna give it a try.

thanks

thanks, you're right. Less is more. I need to keep telling myself that.

Thanks, I actually have some 6.50x16's I may have to give them a try.

thanks

thanks!

I'm gonna mess with it a little more as is and drive it, see if it settles. if not I am going to rebuild this t spring.

Love that truck.

thanks man. good advice.

I've got the 500.x16 firestone ribs on it now.....basically I want it to sit like the black one you posted. thanks for taking the time to dig those up.

Yep, Need Louvers. You know.... I just want a stock bodied A, slammed as much as possible without going crazy, and a built banger motor. Just a basic parts runner and vehicle for those rainy days and when your real hot rod is down. What you would have done with your stock model A pickup in the late 40's-early 50's with some of your extra banger parts left over from building your V8 roadster....atleast that's my vision.

What it comes down to is. This was my daily driver for most of last year, and I intend to drive it daily once it's done. Thus I want it kinda mild. I already can't see traffic lights in it.

I'll save the real hot rod stuff for something more "hot rod".

thanks guys.

17. I'm a sucker for the stink bug look.:D HRP

[​IMG]