Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Californias LARGEST TRU-Stalgia Drag Race EAGLE FIELD May 17th and 18th!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Jan 7, 2014.

1. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've seen both cars run and both are super fast! Never seen them heads up against each other, so this should be fun Rocky!

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks BB, hope you can make it down for our "Heads-Up" Gasser shootout. We're going to try and group them equally and designate the groups A, B, & C Gas (and more if req), then run them heads up on Sunday for a Class Champion Award. Cars allowed will have to be Traditionally built, competition will be held using the Tree, and cars entered will become part of the Eagle Field Tru-Stalgia Gassers Group or Eagle Field Tru-Gasser Association or ???? name is open for discussion. The "Group" will be responsible for pairings and organization and Racers who get eliminated are allowed to run in the Grudge lanes for the rest of the Day!

NOTE to anyone interested, now is the time to discuss rules and requirements..............PLEASE participate in building this group if interested.

Attached Files:

3. Lancer

Lancer

Love the idea of a Valley Gassers Association or something along those line. The Canned Monster is being built specifically to run at Eagle Field. That will be our home base/track/runway. Since ours will have a small ci motor it would be great to run against similar cars. Gonna be a great year.

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I like Valley Gassers but I want to bring Gassers from all over like our friends in Byron and "Valley" seems to limit in my mind......keep em coming brother :D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

just a sample of Gassers Scheduled to appear..............

Attached Files:

7. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Attached Files:

• 1d.jpg
      1d.jpg
      File size:
      43.4 KB
      Views:
  8. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

These just in, Photos of our Fresno Dragways Special Guest Mike Aquistapace's original Anglia as raced @ Fresno Dragways. Mike still has the car and I've been after hinm to get it rolling:D

Attached Files:

9. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Room Rates are locked in for Eagle Field Runway Drags friends needing accommodations for the Fresno Dragways Reunion & Lions Drag Race May 17th & 18th. The Apricot Inn located 19miles south on I-5 and Panoache Rd, $65 single & $75 for 2 sin...gles or a KING. Phone 559-659-1444. Motel 33 is located 16miles east in Firebaugh, $50 for a single & $60 for 2 singles. Phone 559 659 2971. Be sure to mention Eagle Field and call me @ 559 351 3537 if you have any problems. Rocky.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  10. Lancer

Lancer

11. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  12. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanx Lance, hopefully more West Coast Racers will get involved! You know how many travel form the NW!

13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Eagle Field TRU-Gas Guidelines​
    *Suspension: Stock or straight axle conversion only
    * 1966 and earlier year model production
    * Wheel Styles of 1966 and earlier only.
    New wheels of the era such as Torque Thrust 5 spokes,
    Cragar SS, ET, Rocket, and many others along with Steel are welcomed!
    There will be some latitude given to those who have cars that "Fit" but may have the wrong wheels for now.
    * Stock Frames with front half (example Chevy II kits) and back half modifications allowed. Frame added to Unibody cars OK with stock floor pans. Our goal is to have cars look like the did in "the Day".
    *NO Nitrous OXIDE

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  14. Lancer

Lancer

What about superchargers?

15. Lancer

Lancer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8sO-I-ASX5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Yep, Superchargers Allowed, Thanx for the preview!

17. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

More More More TRU-Gas!

Attached Files:

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Rocky, you can add my Hustler III Willys to the list of gasser scheduled to appear.

See you then!

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

[​IMG]

Just about race ready!

20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Awesome Jake! See ya soon...............

21. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Here's one I took @ Billitproof Wa Shooter'!

Attached Files:

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

BItchin, thanks! Looks naked without the window treatment and lettering!

23. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
    Don't MISS The Brenneman Brothers Match Race!

24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Pre-Registration Form, no need to print it just write the info on a piece of paper and drop it in the mail with a check.

Attached Files:

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

26. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

TRU-GAS QUALIFYING
    I've been talking to myself and this is the idea I have came up with :D I'm thinking all Tru-Gas Cars run Sunday morning then they group up in 8 car fields (or less) according to their ET's. The group will be responsible for "fields" and I know this could lead to Sandbagging BUT I believe all those involved are racers with integrity and understand we're racing for the fun of it. INPUT?

27. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I dig the fact that if you're eliminated you can just roll over to the Grudge lanes. No worries about putting on the trailer early. That's why everyone's there, right? Run what you can't run anywhere else.

Sandbaggers will be shot on sight. Don't be a dick. Just mash the pedal down!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Hahaah, Thanks Katuna!

29. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

agreed!

30. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Eagle Field.....More, More, More, May 17th and 18th!
    Saturday May 17th the Eagle Field Fresno Dragways Reunion 1973 and earlier Flag Start Runway Drags KICK off with Nitro, that's right, Rich Guasco's PURE HELL AA/Fuel Altered returns with 1/8th mile "Tire Smokin" passes against another favorite and incredible "Showman" Stormy Byrd in his Revelation Modified Roadster. Eagle Field takes a true driver to navigate the runway while "Blistering" the tires and these two have proven themselves and will put on one Hell of a Show in a 3 round match race that will be sure to have Dos Palos announcing a "Foggy Day Schedule!
    2014's special guest is Mike Aquistapace, a former Fresno Dragways racer or Raisin City as most recall it. Mike wheeled his injected S.B. Chevy with a 4 speed in the late 60's early 70's, retiring from racing after Fresno Dragways closed. In 2009 when Eagle Field held it's first Runway Drags Mike was there with his race inspired Street Anglia and has since built another Anglia that is "wowing" the fans with it's wheelstanding ways.
    If that's not enough to excite hardcore Drag Race fans there's MORE, Jeff Ataimian RETURNS to thrill the fans with the awesome smoke, thunder and speed of his "Beast" Jet Dragster. All this plus GASSERS, Muscle Cars, Vintage Motorcycles, Dragsters, even Mini Bikes, Grudge Racing ALL DAY, offering Eagle Field Fans a show like no other!
    That all happens Saturday BUT THERE IS MORE!
    Sunday May 18th the gate opens at 7am for the Dos Palos LIONS Drag Race, and this year we have MORE! The "LIONS Drag Race" features a Match Race that will be sure to take you back to 1966.............Justin and Adam Brenneman are making the trip from Oregon with their Blown, Injected on Alcohol Hemi Powered Super/ Factory Experimental Race Cars. Justin made an Eagle Field appearance last October with his 1964 Dodge Polara and may have the advantage over Adam's 1966 Pontiac Lemans. These cars have ran over 160 MPH in the quarter and have also proven to be capable of Smoking the Tires Side by Side! The LIONS Drag Race uses Christmas Tree Starts and is open to all years of American built vehicles including Saturdays entries for Grudge Racing,
    Wait a minute there's MORE!
    You think we're done.......Not a Chance! Eagle Field announces Tru-Gas! Tru-Gas is a group of Traditional 60's Gassers that will run Heads-up and take many back, and those of us who missed 60's Gasser action to the Glory Days of Drag Racing. Eagle Field may be a few miles from home but the atmosphere is from another time, What a Trip! Rocky
    Eagle Field is located just south of Dos Palos, CA. near I-5 for More Information check eaglefielddrags.com or call 559 351 3537