Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Yep

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Cant beleave you missed this one
    S shit
    C coolant
    O on
    T the
    T track

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

Fucker!

Quit encouraging him!:D

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. I didn't want to put the hex on him, but there it is now! Looks like your screwed now Scott.., saltflats did it, not me.

Must
    Use
    Some
    Tape
    And
    Nag
    Glue

5. I'm walking in to Walmart pissing my pants laughing this very instant

6. Pouring
    Out
    Water
    Relentlessly
    Stang
    Has
    Flooded
    The
    River

7. You guys are brutal.:D

8. powrshftr

powrshftr

Persistently
    Asking
    Nightly
    Numerous
    Effeminate
    Transvestites
    On
    Ninth st....?

I'm stretching now.....lol

Is there even a ninth st?If it is I'm guessing it's between eighth and tenth...

Scott :D

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

It gets waaaaay worse,this is just the PG-13 stuff that's not gonna have the neighbours callin the cops on us...lol!:D

Scott

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sorry that one was laying there on the floor to pick on.
    Fill free too take some cheap shots at me.
    My name is James if that gives you more ammo.

11. powrshftr

powrshftr

Just
    A
    Mopar
    Eventually
    Starts

And I love this shit....If you can't constantly rip on your buddies and insult everything they hold dear,then what's the point...?:D

Scott

12. It was like the last/best doughnut wasn't it, everyone wants it, but who is gonna actually take it. You are alright James, I like your style, NOW TAKE COVER!

PS. Ill be back in awhile, I have to check out your profile thoroughly before I can administer
    maximum efficiency of "smack-o-grams"

13. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Thats pretty good I have been working on it if I am lucky it will have enuff power to get off the trailer.

14. powrshftr

powrshftr

What did you end up doing about the heads?
    I'm dyin to see this thing.Those old chargers are cool.

Scott

15. '66-'67 Chargers, one of my "bucket list cars" Pasted on a high mileage 440 powered dark blue survivor a couple years ago. I knew I wouldn't be able to just drive it and leave it alone, so instead I bought a '68 Buick 400 Sport Wagon, and I've been spending money on it since the day I bought it, go figure.

16. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's what I like to call "The Curse of Responsibility" Ric.

Every time I try to use my brains instead of my balls when deciding on which car to buy,I completely end up regretting it.

When I just do what feels right,it always seems to work out somehow.....it's strange.

Scott

17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I havent got started on that yet. I have been trying to research my best options.The 906 heads have the best short side from what my hillbilly ass can tell. But I think more compression is were its at maybe still on the fence on this one. The car is kind of a turd but I dont like to spend time on shinny stuff for myshelf.
    Guess I better get busy on my profile to make me look real good. Did I tell you that I pit crewed for Big Daddy at the Cow Town drags back when KCIR was still open.

18. Remember, the better the head flows, the better the cylinder is filled, the more pumping pressure it will have, even if the static compression ratio remains the same. If you give it a better intake, cam, and headers, it will inhale/exhale better, more pumping pressure, more HP/TQ. If you properly port the 516's that it probably has, you can get around 260 cfm out of the Intake port, stock is not much over 200 those heads will cost min. $1000 to do right, your better of buying Edelbrocks for the money. Its a turd right now because no compression, no cyl flow, piston a mile in the hole, high tension rings, heavy car, small stroke, and probably not much rear gear. A couple years ago, my buddy Steve Dulcich at Engine Masters Magazine, built a stock 335HP/383. It made 338 HP complete with stock exh manifolds. They put on a Torker, 780 vac. secondary Holley, a purple shaft, and 1 3/4 headers, like everyone used to do, made 456HP! I have a set of 1 3/4 chassis headers, little crusty, you can have em if you like, just pay the shipping.

19. My Uncle Roger had a 66-67 (can't remember which year, 383/335HP Torque Flight, 3.23's White w/red interior. I seem to remember it ran 15.20-15.30's around 90mph. I know this because it was his tow car for his B/G 55 Chevy, and time he broke the 55 at the track, he'd race the Charger instead of packing up and going home.

20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Thanks for the offer I have some 1 3/4 tubes on it. This engine I took out of a buddies road runner that he bought off the web and installed a Hemi in his car and ended up with this mill. The paper work that cam with the 383 claims to have KB162 pistons and a speed pro cs-181r cam in it. It has a 4.10 gear that I am putting back in tried a 4.30 didn't seem to like it. It has ran a best of 13.05 at 105 with an offey intake and have since changed to a torquer.

21. I'm gonna look up that cam when I get back from lunch/run to McLeod. What kind of curve does the distributor have/ how much total advance do you have in it. The ET & mph sound about right for each other, so I don't think your giving up much, compared to the parts your using. Is the car lightened or all there? If its complete, those things aren't lite. I had a 69 GT Torino 351 4bbl Windsor, with and FMX (Iron case auto), I was shocked to find it weighed 3800+ with me..,and its a friggen unibody car!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  22. Just
    Another
    Mopar
    Engine
    Sucking

Welcome to "Smackomania"! Don't take any of our razzing to serious James, were all just having a go at each other.., Oh, and you invited it MAN!, what the crap were you thinking!? I'm sure Scott will be happy not to have everyones 357 Crapnum aimed at him!

23. Maybe
    Oughta
    Pic
    Another
    Racer

24. powrshftr

powrshftr

Yeah,but that Torino seated 11 people,and could comfortably smuggle 37 more into the Drive-In movies on Saturday night.:)

Scott

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You guys cant hurt me I can do that all by myself.

26. Thats funny, I told my ex-wife nearly that same thing about 23 years ago, "I can make myself miserable, I don't need your help"..,bye bye!

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Now that's funny.

28. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Perhaps, something like this? :D:D:D

Attached Files:

29. schwiiiiiiiiiiig!

30. That Speed Pro cam is 242' @ .050 & .476 lift on a 112' CL. The duration & lobe center is a bit wrong for making bottom & mid range in short stroke engine. Advance the cam 6-8 degrees if you have enough piston to valve clearance (which you should, but check to make sure). The stock heads probably don't flow past. 450-.500 lift, but a good port job in iron heads will extend that to 550-650. Get some 1.6 rockers, that'll bring the lift up to .507.

PS. The cams .476 lift is assuming the rockers are a true 1.5 ratio, and if they are stock they aren't. Most 60's style engines have rockers whose ratios are at least one ratio short. If yours are say 1.4 x .317 (your lobe lift)=.444 actual lift!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014