Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Suzy Stang.Really.Dammit.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Hey man, that was meant as an endearing name, with concern for your situation, I coulda said Sissy Stang, but I didn't think you'd appreciate a drop kick in "the tea bag" at this particular moment. :)

Scott
    Can
    Overcome
    The
    Troubles

PS. I called it a "Muff Tang" awhile back, I would've been way more riled up about that one

Ric's
    In ur
    Corner

3. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I vote for "MUFF-TANG":D
    Maybe you can hang out with Art and his "RAPED GRAPE" we thought "purple rain" was more fitting, but he vetoed that.

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

Attached Files:

4. powrshftr

powrshftr

For shit sakes!

You guys are overlooking the obvious sleeper qualities of driving a harmless looking little grandma car...

Chevelles weigh around 3700lbs with an iron headed big block and a turbo 400.....
    My little runt weighs 2700.Thats a pretty big burden to have to carry around,150 extra cubes or not.

There.I feel better-ish now.lol!

Scott

5. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I would love a first gen fastback, but it would have to be a twisted leaf cammer car, and I can't afford one of them.

Someone needs to buy this and bring it in July.

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

Attached Files:

6. We need to build you a snarling 330-347 incher, with a painted two plane, and hopped up "flat top Autolite, and the HiPo exh. manifolds, 5.38's, with steelies, and povery caps. Then she'd be "MuscleTang" dunt da da!
    By the way, kinda funny those light little cars came with tachometers from "Rotunda", I think those were meant for the Galaxies!

7. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

My little brother always said, that if you look at most early Mustangs at the car shows...they are owned by girls, or guys who wear sweaters tied around their necks:eek:

Coincidently he had a BBC powered chevelle with a TH400.:D

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

8. Scott, if you REALLY want to throw you Ford buddy's into convulsions, I'll build you Q-jet for your Mushtang, and send the adapter along too.

Quickly
    Juices
    Existing
    Turd

9. Saxxon

Saxxon

I'll have full updates on the specifc threrads after the weekend.
    In the meantime...

Prefect just had it's wheelie bars surgically implanted. We are waiting on a unique fitting to add the inline fuel filter and that will close the effort on the fuel system. We need to fab up radiator connections and hoses and then it's install the Mag and fire the sucker up.

The "Ugly Beast" is so close, yet so much to do. Wireing, kill switch for the mag, body work and some paint to cover up the bad workmanship. We still need to fab up a driveshaft tunnel that a center steer car demands... It'll be there...

The Scout is waiting on a new thermostat housing that will clear the blower belt otherwise I'm a bit hooped. I also changed some cooling hoses to match the new intake and I'm waiting on those. Otherwise the "Little Beast" can be buttoned up until opening day locally. REALLY hoping the new convertor shows the performance improvements promised. If not then it's a boatload of cash for a new fuel delivery system and carbs... maybe a good time to go with alcohol

The "Little Beast / Farm Truck" will definitely be there !!

10. Ya, I told him some time ago, he better check with Barbie & Ken to see if he can use their car during Melt Down weekend.

11. powrshftr

powrshftr

If you guys lived closer I would come by at 3:00am and shit in your mailboxes.

Thank you.That is all.;)

Scott

12. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

^^^^ouch!!!

Meltdown drags
    july 18-20 2014

13. malibumonte78

malibumonte78

55 Chevy is not the 'problem' it is the 'solution'

14. At least you'd be warm, and smelling orange blosssoms if you were shitting in mine.I'm gonna pack mine with rattle snakes before I go to bed from now on.

15. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's ok Ric,
    For the sake of safety and versatility,I like to deposit the aforementioned doo doo into a ziplock bag,seal it,twist it,then cut the corner off with scissors,enabling it to be used like a cake decorating tool.
    That way I can write little messages with it too. :D

Scott

16. By the way Scott, concerning the Q-jet on your little Ford. When I was a teenager, we put on my buddies factory 271HP/289 4speed '67 Fairlane. It hauled ass, and put all his Blue Oval buddies in therapy! If your gonna shit in my mail box, make sure you bring some Canadian beer, so you and I can tip a few back, and laugh about it while your washing it out with my water hose. You'll probably need a"shitland pony" to stand on so you can reach the mail box, and know that my wife is gonna puke all over you, right before she deep sixes your sack with her size 8 right foot.., mean while, we started working on our back up plan tunnel ram set up, in case we have injector issues. Still waiting for the gear drive from Milodon..,

17. You just shifted from 2nd gear into reverse! Enough about your dooty.

18. powrshftr

powrshftr

Lmao!

Ok,enough poo poo talk...:)

Ford actually used a Q-Jet on the 71 429CJ,while the SCJ got a Holley.
    They work great,and I always hammer on guys who replace them with a holley instead of doing a rebuild.Its a weird way to fix a problem.

My Dad swears by them too.And he's a pretty sharp Ol Cat.:)

Scott

19. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Look the block over good, especially near the pan rails. if there are issue you will probably see cracks on the outside of the block. Everything "looked" good with mine so i threw a new plug in it and am praying for the best. I wish you luck also, but i have a feeling, like many have stated, you are probably safe.

20. powrshftr

powrshftr

I sure hope so man...
    It's going to be a few weeks before I can get it out to my Dad's and year into it to give it a clean bill of health.

Worst case scenario,I have to throw the other 289 back together in a big rush.
    Not where I wanted to be at this point,but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Tha would just allow me to add more can while I was assembling new stuff anyway:)

Guess I might have to make lemonade!:D

Scott

21. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

You know I'm only a phone call away if you need help.

22. hrbhrb

hrbhrb
    from Polo,IL

Had this happen in my SBC, winter of '77. I ran that motor for another 20 years. I still have it. Re-rung it last summer and am looking for a project to put it in. I think that the fact that it popped out might be a good sign. Gave the pressure somewhere to go.
    Bob

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

Thanks Bob.

I appreciate all the positive comments from everybody.....that goes a long way toward making me not want to jump off a bridge or something:)

We'll see how it turns out once I can get a closer look at it.

Thanks,

Scott

24. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Thanks Quain, I will be calling when I'm closer to installing it. I hate to bother someone when I don't have everything I need.

MELTDOWN DRAGS
    JULY 18-20 2014

25. this one literally had me laugh out loud....rattlesnakes just seem like a "normal" solution to such a situation....must be a Texas thing:rolleyes:

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

That was pretty awesome.Caught me right off guard!lol!

Scott

27. We have Panneton's in Houston, and if we ever move outta California, we're thinking the hill country near Austin, so your right about the Texas connection.

28. Danny G

Danny G

Where in Houston and is it family or a business? I live on the west side

29. Family. My dads cousin Robert moved there from Maryland in the 60's to work for NASA, he was involved in the first moon walk. Scott, somewhere in Canada, there is a Panneton Trucking Company.

30. powrshftr

powrshftr

You mean these guys:

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396018341.474770.jpg