Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Saw this yesterday and still can't believe it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmbuellist, Mar 26, 2014.

1. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

There are a lot of people that are worried about what someone else is up to on this thread. As said before, he owns them. As for the housing situation and the clothes the man's sons wears, who are you to judge? If you catch me at work I look like a civilized human being. If you catch me wrenching or digging holes in the yard I look homeless.

The hoarder haters are out in full force. I'm sympathetic to them personally. I come from hoarders and my wife seems to think I'm one too. My great uncle collected newspapers. I never understood it but it was his basement so WTF, have fun. My Dad collects guitars and amps. Those are small and clean. More power to him. I collect car stuff. It makes me feel good and it's my garage and driveway and other garage and so on. This guy has cool shit parked in a dry sunny field off of the beaten path. It didn't get crushed or used up by teenagers. It may not be for sale now, but some day it will be. Quit deciding what he should do and make friends with him so you'll get a phone call the day he does decide to sell. And thank him for saving some old used cars that would have been tossed away years ago if he didn't store them.

2. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

When I was single, I might have been considered a hoarder. No one really needs a shed full of Torq-Thrust D's do they?

I was the envy of a lot of my married friends.

3. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I am not a hoarder, I am stocking my estate sale.

4. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

If that is "substandard living" then my new goal is to find a big pile of substandard for myself

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. LAROKE

LAROKE

Sparky, If you're a geezer like me, you may have forgotten to take your meds today. No need to thank me. I do this as a public service.

6. We're not talking about raising kids or keeping animals, there just old cars, what responsibility? This is the US, not some communist country, I don't ever rember being told when I bought a car that I had a responsibility to store it, improve it, or maintain it properly. I buy my vehicles, as I am sure this guy did, for MY enjoyment, and no other reason.

7. I bet he had fun compiling that stash!

8. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, THAT YOU FEEL YOU CAN DETERMINE TO WHOM I"M RESPONSIBLE TO OR WHAT I"M RESPONSIBLE FOR?
    Last I looked, its still a free country to peruse the things that make me happy, as long as it doesn't interfere with the rights of someone else. When you, or anyone else deside they can dictate to me what I should or shouldn't do, (I'm not talking about breaking laws here), according to their wishes, that have crossed a very big line.

To imply that owning anything old makes me responsible to anyone or any thing is absurd. If you don't like how I take care of the things I buy with my hard earned cash, feel free to buy them, after I'm dead. The reality is, you have no business snooping around my place to see what I may or may not have, let alone decide if you think i'm properly taking care of something. Snooping around my place will likely cause you to be introduced to my protection service devices.

I do not need to justify how I live my life to you, and as long as your not interfering with my pursuit of happiness, I really don't give a rats ass how you live yours. One day we will all have to answer to how we live, but it won't be to anyone here, and it won't be regarding possessions.

Concerning abandoned land and items that may be on it, anything short of purchasing the land and its contents, removing anything from that land is stealing it from someone.

I'm amazed how many people think they are somehow qualified to tell me how to live, where to live, how to raise my family, what I can and can't buy and how I should take care of those things I buy. Then they think they can tell me how and when I should dispense my personal property, and feel they have a right to simply take my stuff if I'm not caring for things the way they think I should be taken care of. The part that bugs me the most is when they feel they have a right to judge me against what they feel is their superior standards, and then apply names to me to make them feel better about themselves.

Its time to lock this thread. Gene

9. Uptown83

Uptown83

Cool stuff. Never seen that place before either.

10. To each there own, you see old cars, I see American history being neglected. Nobody is ever going to make that car from that year again, once it's gone it's gone. The comparison to kids, animals, and communism is a bit much, but we all know how much fun and enjoyment they can bring not only for us, but for generations to come. That's why we have forums dedicated to them. I've seen far to many of these hoarded beyond saving, and it just makes zero sense to me.

Just imagine if I used exlemation points and CAP locks:D

11. Why? Keep it going! You see an opinion you don't like, express yours (which I don't like) and ask that it be stopped then and there because you got your time?

Let's try this like adults, not teenagers fighting over a boy on facebook.

Thank you Gene, I appreciate your opinion. It differs from mine but it's your opinion and you're entitled to have it. If these were my cars I would care for them properly because I feel that there is a certain level of responsibility to owning history like this, but that's just what I would do. Because I only have a keyboard and these things :(:);):rolleyes::mad: I can not properly express the emotion and intention of what I'm saying. I apologize to anyone that believes I was TELLING them what to do, this was not my intention but I could see how it could be read that way. I was only expressing my opinion. At the end of the day neither of ours will change the situation, but I'm glad we both got the opportunity to express them, and I hope that this thread will continue as it's a great car related debate worth reading.

12. These threads always devolve the same way. The guys who are whining about the hoarder hoarding his stuff are the same assholes you can't sell squat to for anything close to a reasonable price. I got into hoarding to an extent and then I started selling it off and lately the only guy who's buying a damn thing is the scrapyard.

So until you clowns put your money where your mouth is, shut up and mind your own damn business. It's his stuff to do what he wants to with it, if he wants to fire up a bulldozer and run them all over, oh well, it's not like you would buy any of it anyhow.

13. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

14. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

*standing ovation*

15. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

WOW, I cant believe all the pissing and moaning on this thread, what the hell does it have to do with the photos of the cars.

If you all want to buy shit, come over to my place everything is for sale. You can save it from rotting into the ground. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Thanks to the original poster for sharing his find with us! Hope he is not discouraged from doing it in the future because everyone feels the need to share their opinions(either way!) on everything but what the original post was about!

17. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

At least the two Canadians agree!!! Lol

18. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I am a vette guy and it hurts even more!

19. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Sooooooo.... how much for the Husky?

20. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I look at those photos and can only imagine what it would be like to live in a place where I had the freedom and space to gather all the old cars I cared to in a place where they're not gonna rust away, without property owners associations or city/county code enforcement officers, and all the rest of the crap that we have to deal with in a "more civilized" world.

21. chopped

chopped

The only opinions that count are mine and those who agree with me. It's the American way.

22. TX55Truck

TX55Truck

Yes even though it hurts to see these vehicles laid to rest and just sitting there with nothing being done to them it is very cool just to admire the mans collection and how they have held up to time. Take a vehicle of today's age and park it for 60plus years and see how well it holds up! I promise you it won't be the same.
    Some day I hope to have a Hot Wheels collection of this magnitude!!!

23. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

LOL...No shit! thats what I am doing also, I just hope my wife doesn't sell the stuff for what I told her I paid for it.....

24. Amen for all the people who believe a mans property is HIS property, what he chooses to do with it is his option ,for the record I used to love to show my stuff to anyone who wanted to look at it I think all of us have the same goal to preserve automobiles for our enjoyment and future generations but how we do it is our right ,what we all fail to realize is no country in the world lost their freedom overnight they just woke up one day and it was gone ,I realize you have to have housing associations, code officers etc, but only in the right place and who decides where is the right place ,the majority of course, but over a period of time it seems to divert from its intended purpose,today its your neighbor, but tomorrow its you ,leave the guys stuff alone enjoy it for what it is and maybe like other posters have said you might get a chance for some real gold when he decides to sell or kicks off

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  25. capterik

capterik
    from Florida

What amazes me, are that people tend to forget that there was a time when this stuff laying around, really not being wanted, considered an eyesore. For all those out there crying about the injustice, I have to assume that you are buying up the 1990 vehicles, to keep this tragedy from happening to another generation of cars, or at least have gone out and rescued a neglected car from someone that will sell to you. Just go out west, you can see many a junk yard with similar looking cars, just not going to give them away, but that shouldn't mater to principled people like u! I personally love this guy and wish I could have been him. I bet in his mind he has gotten a lot of enjoyment with them, where others just see just dollar signs. As for the kids, unless they have been abused, malnourished, then they may be better off than most out there, and maybe they like the way they live, just fine, until someone comes along and tells them why their life is so bad.

26. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Let's see...the guy is an irresponsible, hoarder with a mental illness......OR he's a guy that has raised a polite son, lives in a small house which is probably paid for that has a killer view of the mountains,fresh air, and owns a bunch of cool cars that probably would have been scrapped years ago if he hadn't saved them. More power to him!

27. docmike

docmike

We may not all agree on how these cars are being cared for but, that's one of the nice things about this country of ours, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.....no matter how wrong it is.

Doc

28. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Places and people like that are the source of vehicles for hotrodders like us and future hotrodders. I don't understand what the hubbub is all about.

29. "I make a point of staying right at the edge of poverty. I don't have a pair of pants without a hole in them, and the only pair of boots I have are on my feet. I don't mess around with unnecessary stuff, so I don't need much money. I believe it's meant to be that way. There's a 'struggle' you have to go through, and if you make a lot of money it doesn't make the 'struggle' go away. It just makes it more complicated. If you keep poor, the struggle is simple. "
    Von Dutch

Dustin

30. Ya and to only be a kid growing up with all that stuff to fool with THAT is a real childhood better than a box of video
    games