Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Thing to see and do in the Twin Cities??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rixtasan, Mar 26, 2014.

1. rixtasan

rixtasan

I'll be traveling to Minneapolis/St Paul the week of May 7- May 11. Does anyone know of any car shows or cruise-ins that will be going on during that week? Any other suggestions of places, shops, and restaurants for a car nut to check out while I'm there would be appreciated. Thanks!ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>

2. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

3. garcoal

garcoal

go to the science center in st paul. the imax is a different style. the confederate airforce has a wing stationed at holnam field in st paul. they have a b25 bomber a mustang fighter, and a number of other planes. just outh of Minneapolis on i35 just south of the big ski hill right . is a place called hot sams. probably the biggest junk and antique shop you will ever see. the twin cities have tons going on. just have to look a bit. also its a big town

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]

The Nook is one of the best places to go get a Juicy Nookie burger! 492 Hamline Avenue S. Saint Paul, MN 55116

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014

5. L7

L7

It looks like you could attend the first week of the Anoka car show. Anoka Mn. - Saturday evening event. Free to spectators.

6. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

French lake auto parts it's a bit of a drive from the cities but it is neat to see

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Will be in St Paul this weekend ......will see if I can get a little Nookie :D

8. Beau

Beau

We are usually drinking shitty beer, listening to shitty music and coming up with ways to do things we shouldn't almost every night of the week. Our club shop is in Minneapolis near Memory Lanes Bowling Alley. We can steer you in the right direction to find what you'd like.

9. rixtasan

rixtasan

Thanks for all the great replies! Chalkboard, that list is going to come in handy. KustomCars, looks like I'm gonna have to get some Juicy Nookie!!

Does anyone know of any old speed shops/garages? Nothing like talking shop and checking out other people's projects, whenever I'm killing time in a new city.

Thanks!

10. You could hit up Titus... he's always working on some cool shit! He's in Stillwater, a little east on 94 from downtown St.Paul. You won't find a nicer guy!

11. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the Torque Fest show in Dubuque Iowa is on Saturday May 3. Dubuque is about 4-1/2 hours southeast of Minneapolis.

12. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Hour north of the cities (Princeton) same deal if your in the area. Several projects going.

13. Max Power

Max Power
    from St Paul MN

The Nook is a small place, but the owners also own Shamrocks on West 7th in St Paul. The burgers are pretty much the same, and they have a lot more seats available.

If you are looking for Juicy Lucy's, here is a list: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/top-lists/best-juicy-lucys-twin-cities/

Matt's and the 5-8 squared off on one of those diner shows. They seem to be regarded as the best.

14. Beau

Beau

Matt's wins the dirty, hole in the wall award. 5-8 second. The Blue Door is probably the best at it though.

15. Like Max Power said, Shamrocks is The Nook on a bigger scale.
    I just spent a week in Austin, TX and have to admit there is a much more to do there than in the twin cities, especially this time of year. The food alone is worth the trip. But come summertime in MN there is something car related to do pretty much every evening. Just wish summer would find its way here!

16. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Whats the old ford store in St. Paul? Somewhere off snelling I think. Its been to many years since I was there.

17. BJR

BJR

Little Dearborn?

18. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Rite on bjr, I suffer from crs.