Register now to get rid of these ads!

History SEARCH: Were is the ANSEN SPECIAL? 1950's SoCal SPRINT CAR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Mar 24, 2014.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Were is this car or the remains of it today? I'll wear one of those hats if it helps locate the car, I want to buy it and restore it. Found the photo in a Don Montgomery Hot Rod book. Note the curve to the cowl/firewall , an ID feature, photo is from the early 1950's Bob :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    tractorguy likes this.
  2. aircap

aircap

I need one of those bitchin lids!

3. bgaro

bgaro

what the heck is that motor?

4. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Looks like a flathead with Thickstun head covers.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

jimmy six likes this.
  5. 296ardun

296ardun

Louie Senter was still with us last time I checked...maybe someone on here might have info? Unfortunately lots of old sprint cars either got cut up or modified beyond recognition with new motors, etc....hope you find out something about it.

tractorguy likes this.
  6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks! I sent an email to the NHRA Museum asking for contact info. Bob :)

7. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

If I remember correctly, the hat's called a "Top Banana" after Phil Silvers.

Could be wrong -- often am.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ok, Google is my friend. Bob :) [​IMG]

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Bringing this back up for those that may have missed it. Sure would like to find some leads on this car. Bob

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

If all goes well I'll be in California in June, sure would be nice if the remains of this car are still out there. Bob

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

I had hoped that someone would have some info on this car. Were was that photo taken, and when? Bob

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ok, I've changed my Avatar to feature the ANSEN SPECIAL, if everyone on the HAMB sees it when I post a reply maybe I'll get a lead on were the car is. Any info is welcome, photos, ID the two guys on the left and center. Lou Senter is on the right, and I'm still trying to find contact info on him. Thanks. Bob

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Almost TEN YEARS since my last post on this car! After all that time maybe some new HAMB members are reading this for the first time. I did speak with the second to last guy that drove this car. The LAST guy rolled it into a ball and that was the last time it raced, early 1950's. WHERE is the ball of parts? There has to be a few parts salvaged. That sweep on the cowl is a unique feature. I'm interested in ANYTHING, photos, stories any part. Thanks! Bob

Picture2.jpg

SS327 and tractorguy like this.
  14. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

As is the finely crafted footwell. I wish I'd seen pics of it before I started my body. I'd have tried to incorporate those features.

I wonder whose wires those are?

15. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it existed today I’ll be it’s in a collection somewhere. Pete Eastwood may know or possibly Bruce Meyer. It would be a car Don Arosco would have been definitely be interested in.

The37Kid and tractorguy like this.
  16. tractorguy

tractorguy

If you haven't already done so......get in touch with the Speedway Museum in Lincoln Ne. They may have the actual car or some bits or pieces......or some rumors on it's whereabouts which they may or may not share. Good luck and keep us posted. Oh......almost forgot.....check with National Sprint Car Museum in Knoxville Ia......good folks.