Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Saw this yesterday and still can't believe it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmbuellist, Mar 26, 2014.

1. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Man, I have lived in New Mexico all my life and traveled most of the State working for the NM Dept. of Transportation, never seen cool old Autos rotting away like this. But they belong to him, his choice to let them rot... Sad...

2. robber

robber

I can't believe what I am seeing here! If they aren't wrecked cars, how the hek did they come by them??? I doubt if they all just happened to break down out there??? ... There is some sweet old iron (& glass) at this place! I'm droolin' ... :(

3. Since the hood is missing on the Vette, wonder if it was a big block? I wish I had that kinda stuff in my yard!

Dustin

4. mikejohn56

mikejohn56

lived and worked in Albuquerque 25 years ago , was a guy who had a lot full of cars next to shop where I worked .He was an accountant or something like, said he had lots all around Albuquerque full of cars just like your pictures,they were his retirement plan.

5. afaulk

afaulk

" nope they're not for sale I'm gonna fix em' up, someday..........." There's quite a few $$$$$$$ sitting around.

6. Well, I am a Vette guy too and that photo leaves me with a dumbfounded feeling...

7. 61 chevy

61 chevy

somebody, save the vette, that just aint right

8. JD Miller

JD Miller

Very Nice "Yard Art"

9. bgaro

bgaro

awsome, i wanna be just like those dudes when i grow up.

10. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

You don't set out to ruin em. You buy what you love. Eventually you have more stuff than you can afford to take care of or store properly. I have pangs about the stuff I have allowed to deteriorate, some of which I have owned for 40 years. And even more pangs about the stuff I sold and wish I kept. Or, the stuff I could have bought and didn't.

11. JD Miller

JD Miller

I found a 392 chysler motor on a abandoned lot in Lake Elsinore along with a bunch of Villers and BSA motorcycle stuff, bunch of traction bar parts like the guy was building traction bars. Must have been a old hot rodders property. Snagged the hemi and everything else. Loaded the hemi by rocking it back and forth stacking wood pallets under it till it was high as my truck bed

12. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Alright I have an Idea... Some of us need to sneak up there and take all the cars, and leave them money...

13. Squablow

Squablow

Great pictures, would love to hear a bit more about the story behind them.

And I also don't see what's wrong with rags and a $500 beater!

14. Anybody else besides me just spend 20 minutes on google satellite looking at a bunch of NM dirt?:)

15. OrneryDuck

OrneryDuck

I want the C2 'vette and the Apache.... I'd settle for the C3 if he was going to be fussy though. :( Sadness.

16. We all have questions...where's the OP?

17. fivebar

fivebar

love to see more pics of that 6 wheeled fleet side. def some work on that one

18. Dennis D

Dennis D

It has a big block radiator set up in it. Dennis D

19. I knew a Vette guy would be able to pinpoint something out to signify what engine the car came with!

Dustin

20. this abandoned lot stuff bothers me ,I have ten acres in Pennsylvania that WAS full of my forty year collection ,I moved into town partially due to health reasons, in the last seven years most of my stuff has been taken(aka stolen) by people who thought it was abandoned this has really made me feel violated and I would just love to catch someone taking some of my abandoned stuff, I would fill them full of buckshot in Pennsylvania it has ruined it for just letting someone look at your stuff ,they come back later and steal it ,this has changed by outgoing personality for the worse, I may be a hoarder but I worked hard to pay for the stuff ,and pay taxes on the property it sets on and I don't need any scrappers who are looking for a fast buck or someone who is taking care of a hoarders stuff stealing it, so next time you look at someone's stuff make sure you get permission first and don't blame him if he isn't receptive to it ,because of the lack of respect in the world today ,it makes a person hard ,just my two cents worth

21. castirondude

castirondude

it's a compliment

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

22. metalman

metalman

Yeah, retirement plan. The guy your refering to (least it sounds like him) got into trouble with the city for code violations, laws here about having dead cars in a yard. He had to dispose of a bunch so they had an auction 5 or so years ago. Most of the cars had rotted or been pilfered of parts to the point scrappers bought most of them for the $100 opening bid. It was sad to see.

23. Sad, but true.

24. haychrishay

haychrishay

Times 2 !

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

vy

Yep, I know a guy who has an untold number of tri 5 Chevy ragtops in various stages of deterioration He's had most of them for at least 35 years and hasn't begun to fix one up. It's all about the "having" something someone else can't get and not doing something with it. My guess is that the guy with those cars wouldn't consider turning loose of a few of those cars to finance a full redo of one special one in the bunch preferring to hoard them much the same way as my old high school classmates does with his Chevy ragtops.

26. D-man313

D-man313

I know where there's multiple garages full of tri 5s and some model a's. Guy won't get rid of nothin.

Sent from my bag phone.

27. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

all those vehicles are worth saving and as much as I love the Vettes, that dual axle Chevy truck caught my eye. I wonder if it's factory or custom.

28. that's my rich uncle's place....think my sister's getting it all....

29. spinn427

spinn427
    from indiana

Wow!! What a find! A old impound yard???