Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Hitchhikers Guide Episode VI: Return of the Hitchhiker.... Hot Rod Model A banger

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hitchhiker, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Prayers for you and the family, Hitch! Give yourself time.....The truck will be there!

2. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

sorry for your loss... keep your chin up.... amn what a sweet lil truck.

3. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Matt. Condolences.

4. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Sorry to head of the loss of your grandmother,mine was the best she was always slipping me gas money and saying sussh don't tell grandpa were that came from, grandma's rule,i sure miss mine , my condolence to you and your family=========Jack

5. Thanks guys. She was a awesome woman. She had a good, long and wonderful life, 90 years. I know she missed my grandfather dearly. They were married for 69 years. It's been tough. We've been dealing with her estate for a while now. Seems like no end in site...

But I've also found a few gems like this picture I have included. We miss her. But glad she is at peace. Thanks for the thoughts.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

6. Tank

Tank

Sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

What an awesome picture that is! If the date is correct the wheels on her mighty fine roadster were nearly brand new! Had to wrap my head around that!

7. I figured the best way to get back on track is start cleaning the garage. So I pushed the truck out and swept. I grabbed these while it was out.

Attached Files:

8. I also sent my distributor out to be rebuilt by Bubba's hot rod shop. AKA Gmcbubba. Very nice work! I also got some plug wires.

Attached Files:

9. Carter

Carter

Truck looks great, man. Sorry to hear of your loss.

10. Man the stance on that truck is so nice!!!
    Sorry to here about your grandmother:(, I lost mine back in December at the age of 94. Grandmas are the best:)

11. Yeah, I'm not sure the dates is right, might have been 1942. But was certainly before the war.

thanks! starting to look like something. I want to get the rear a little lower. we'll see. I'm thinking I can get a little more without cutting the frame.

thanks guys, It's life right? It's not always fun...it just is..well. life.. not anything you can do to change it, just gotta take the bad with the good and the good with the bad. Remember and cherish your memories of your passed loved ones and do your best to honor their memories and love.

Tiny sorry to hear of your loss too.

12. That roadster is awesome!!!

13. sorry to hear about your Grandmother, thoughts and prayers to you and your family..Pick up looks great... Thats a great picture you shared above...

14. Some low life scum bag stole my freshly restored autopulse 500 off my front porch. So now I am up shit creek witu out a fuel pump.

15. Carter

Carter

WTF! :eek:

16. Man. That's a huge bummer! Sorry to hear that. Are you sure it was delivered? (I guess I'm assuming it was shipped).

Sorry about your grandma as well...

17. Yeah....WTF....All I keep running over in my head is the dude from the movie taken "I will find you, and I will kill you" LOL.

Delivery confimation on the 26th. talked to the UPS driver..."file a claim"

So now I have to have the place that plated it file a claim. Hope they insured it for enough. Find another and do this all over again. which is really what I am pissed about. It took me forever to find that pump from Carter and it was really nice. Now my truck is set up for it and I don't have one. I'll be damned if I will settle for a new pump from the parts store.

I'm livid.

18. You up for another drive out to beautiful Maple Valley?

19. Fucking low life tweeter scumbags!!!
    My dad had an Aermore train whistle stolen off his porch in the same manner.
    The real bummer is that the jerk off who stole it will probably just throw it away, I imagine its hard to trade an Autopulse or Aermore for dope!
    Your having a rough month. If I was closer I'd buy you a beer, is Green Death :) ( Rainier ) still the bear of choice up there?

20. Thanks for the thoughts about grandma guys.

With the pump, my main fear is that it wasn't insured for enough. But I talked to the shipper this morning and they insured it for enough. Now just waiting on a claim with UPS, hopefully they find it...unlikely.....the real likely hood is I need another core pump....

This has all just been the cherry on top of a wonderful month. Did I mention we put down 2 family dogs this last month as well....yeah....

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  21. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Hitch, Sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. I remember my grandfather when I was about two or three. He would come over for coffee and watch me get fed by my mom. When I started to use a spoon (left hand) my folks would try to force me to be right handed . . . . Grandpa would take just so much then he would say - "Leave the boy alone ! Let him eat with the hand he chooses . . . " Love you so much Grandpa Ransom !"

Dave

22. My condolences. It was the loss of my mother, that gave me the economical chance to start on really old cars- but would trade ‘em all in, if I could just have her back for half an hour!

Cleanliness is a virtue - and makes working in the garage so much more fun, not to have your knees full of metal grates! ;)

Just for your info, the 2nd world war (I guess, you’re referring too) had been going on in DK for several years prior to US involvement- more specific from the 9th of April 1940.

When it rains, it pours! But remember: “oven over alting, stråler moder sol!” (above everything, mother sun is shining, a sketch by the old Danish comedian. Dirch Passer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycp4y68fSsw). At some point, the sun will shine again. :)

23. Sorry didn't mean to diminish the European involvement in the war. I know that it started well before US involvement. The US entered in late 41, so I'm not sure what I was talking about.

24. No harm done. :)
    But some tend to forget, that the people in war-struck contries usually has been struggeling long before the supporting troops arrives.
    I was told a few ww2 stories of my grandfarthers', so it's not that far gone- eventhough on the 5th of may has been 69 years ago, the german surrendered. (But first 4 days later Bornholm was rescued by the russians.)

Keep 'em kruzin!
    Dannerr

25. Huge update coming soon....

In the mean time, anyone got a working Model A odometer for sale?

26. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

What kind do you need? I'm assuming round?

I might have a spare oval one in my pile. I'll check when I get home this afternoon.

Posted using my Lil' Orphan Annie Secret Society Decoder Pin

27. Sorry to hear the passing of your grandmother. HRP

28. Round yes. I have a couple lines on them, But I really just want the odometer from one to put in mine and the ones I have found are to nice to take apart to fix mine. I'm just being stubborn and trying to use as much of the truck as possible.

thanks guys.

29. Any huge updates?

30. Been distracted by a few things...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I did finally get this replacement fuel pump for the one that got stolen. UPS took it's sweet time to pay the claim.But it all worked out in the end...it just took forever...

[​IMG]

I have been doing all the small detail projects that aren't very interesting to show. 15 minutes here. 30 minutes there. It really starts to add up. The bed is full of reconditioned and freshly painted parts ready to be bolted back on. We're having our last sale of my Grandmothers estate on Memorial day weekend and after that I think it will be time to pull the trigger.

I never thought I would spend so much time crafting the little final details. I'll start showing them off once I get done with the sale.

gwhite likes this.