Register now to get rid of these ads!

Myrtle Beach Run to the Sun March 20-22 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motoandy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Wow what a weekend! I started off sick Wednesday night and Thursday with a stomach bug, almost didn't come, pulled out the truck from it's weeks of hibernation Friday morning, threw a quick wash on it and drove up late on Friday pretty exhausted wondering if I'd make it. I did, hung out a little bit, then got some sleep to rally and rock Saturday. I'm exhausted again!

So it's already been said a number of times but can't hurt being said again. The Assorted Nuts meat and greet was a great idea and much appreciated! Chef Brian did killer on the grill and there was no reason to go hungry. I also like putting faces with names and actually getting some time to talk to everyone. The show is nice but not real good for hanging out if you also try to see everything. The meat and greet and laser pointer after party with the Retarded Sparks at the hotel was a bitchin way to end the show weekend. I'm putting this one on the calendar for next year. Hope we can all do it again. It was good meeting all of my new friend and good seeing the old ones. Thanks for the hospitality. See you guys at Steel In Motion!

2. Thanks to the Assorted Nuts for what I hope was the 1st annual meet and greet. It was the high light of my week end. If I might say so you are a great assortment of nuts. Hope to run in to you all some more thru the year. Thanks again, Carl

3. luckystiff

luckystiff

Gory Greg is in Wilmington/South Port....

4. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I must agree. Bought a panel from him at the port city rumble. Nice guy.

5. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Here are a few pictures from this weekend. We had an absolute blast. We drove from the Charlotte/Concord area and made it there and back with no problems.

This truck was built by our club members Justin and Holly. From a rusted out seized up farm truck to this in around 8 months.

[​IMG]

4 out of 5 of our group
    [​IMG]

Kasey rolls in with the ladies
    [​IMG]

This Merc floored me. Definitely my favorite car at the show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

[​IMG]

Cool little Vicky
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

a few from the get together. Thanks again to those who put the show on. It's always cool putting faces to screen names.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had to

[​IMG]

8. Thanks for coming out Mr Carl. Loved your car. There are not to many people who can say they have owned the same car for 42 years!!!
    And yes, this is the first of many Meet and Greets!!! Jim

9. Thanks Flat-Foot and all the other Road Pilots for coming out. The pics are awesome, youve got a good eye!!! Look forward to seeing you all in the fututre!!!

10. IGOR

IGOR

Anybody know if Glen Weisgerber lettered that red primer Vicky? Sure looks like his stuff

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

He did some of it! Lucky

12. Robert, you and your crew were awesome. Cant wait to hang with you at SIM. That mopar is gonna tear the track up!!!

13. IGOR

IGOR

Yeah, Glen da man!

14. Just wanted to throw in my thanks to the Assorted nuts and everyone involved in the Meat and Greet. I also enjoyed that more than the show. It's been a long while since I've done anything with cars and it was good to hang out with the guys again and meet new some new people. Next yr. I might bring my Chevy (just because of the M&G).

15. Hate I missed the MnG! Looks like all had a blast!

Good to see everyone I got around to seeing! That's the only bad thing about such a big show.....

16. thanks guys and gals still have some burgers let. Man look forward to doing next year and hope to see all of you at SIM

17. Hey Flat Foot, cool photos.

18. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Thanks Seadog, I appreciate that coming from you! First show with my first DSLR and I had a good time with it.

19. Fellow HAMBer k5hart decided he wanted the wagon after seeing it at the show. They came by this morning to pick it up and take it down to SC's Lowcountry. Hope to see you guys (and my old wagon) at Steel In Motion!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1396113308.387432.jpg

20. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Maybe he will have the heovos to take it down the track!!!!
    Good purchase Jason.

21. You calling me out for a race Andy!? I may be able to be convinced to make a pass.

The old girl made it to her new home with no problems. Im going to really enjoy it. Thanks for the sale. See ya in a couple weeks.

22. Line 'em up! I enjoyed the car too. Now to address that hole burning in my pocket...

23. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

K5, I wonder if that redneck chick is still bitching? Found a large quantity of lasers for next year. You know where the party is.

I was so busy yapping that I forgot to ask peoples' screen names to put faces to them.....We need HAMB name tags.

Great eats and good company! Make this thing bigger next year!

24. Andy don't let that old wagon worry you I think you can pull him from start to finish. I will even hold your red solo cup to see this one.

25. Don't know about that- she might surprise you! Only one way to tell though...

26. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I was just implying that Jason may open here up, more than Scott. Scott was always driving Ms Daisy. I'm about low and slow ;)

27. I'm sure she is Russ. I don't think she has anything better to do in life. Man save me one of those laser pointers. That's hours of fun right there!

Andy nothin' wrong with cruisin' slow if your looking good. I may have opened up the old wagon just a little to see what I bought on the ride home. She surprised me a little.

28. toucan

toucan
    from sc

jason congrats! cant wait for a test ride!that longroof is gonna be just right for the fam! bring it to flowerown next weekend,we will ride together.