Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Salina, Kansas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Nut, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Anyone ever been to the Custom car show in Salina in July? If so How was it? Thinkng about going this year for the first time.
    Thanks for any info.

2. Ghost28

Ghost28

I have been to it, but it's been awhile I did have a great time but it's a little warm in july.

3. sunbeam

sunbeam

It's hot but a great show

4. Went with Alex Gambino and the rest of the Beatnicks in 2010 and had the time of my life:cool:

It is well worth it!

5. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This will be our 5th year. It is on our "don't miss" list. Aside from some great customs, there is always something going on during the day. Bands, pin-up contest, top chopping by Winfield or one of the other custom legends, lots of HAMBer's to meet and get to know. And there are the race what you brung drags and a great Friday evening party at the local rod shop.

You won't be disappointed.

6. Hi-Flying

Hi-Flying

It's a fun fun show,we plan on going back. hey Fat47 how you been. Ron

7. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you're into Kustoms, this is a great show. It wasn't even hot last year. Of course, it rained a lot before the show started. The wife and I had a great time.

8. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Wow, sounds really cool,
    thanks guys , now I feel better about going. A Pinstripping friend of mine has been telling me about it.
    Thanks

9. find a room quick its a problem usually

10. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

hot rod, the drags are the best part, if you go make sure to arrive before 4 o'clock on Friday to watch them.

11. Rodshop

Rodshop

Great show- my favorite next to the HAMB Drags. Well- The Roundup might be second on my list next the the HAMB Drags- bust Salina is much easier for me to get to. And, YES- don't miss the Friday Night Drags. Best reserve rooms now.

12. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

Try it, you'll like it. The city is friendly. They changed parks several years to accommodate the cars. The first year I went there were 500 vehicles. I think the car count was about 2,000 entries last year. Again they will chop a top or do other mods to a car. The Friday nite drags are great fun too. It's a no miss event

13. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

I agree. the HAMB drags and the Roundup are both equally great events. To see some pictures of both, go to Royboy Productions site on the net to view pictures from both events for multiple years.

14. fatkoop

fatkoop

We've been there several times and it's great! Some things I REALLY like: the Friday night drags, some of the best I've ever been to. The nightly cruise and hanging out around the host motel. The park is large, shady, and lots of grass. There is an Italian restaurant downtown that has excellent food at modest prices, but there is good food almost everywhere in Salina. You get to watch some really talented guys chop tops or section cars and maybe even get to participate. And last but not least, there are some of the best customs and hot rods in the country represented there.

15. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Great show,just make sure you go thursday so you don't miss the cool stuff going on starting Friday. Been there 5 times.

16. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Wow,
    Gets even better! I got rooms, and will get there late Thursday.
    And sounds like I better watch the Fri. night Drags.
    Thanks again for the info, I can't wait now.

17. Butch M

Butch M

You will love it I can't wait

18. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Thanks for the link to Royboy Prod. Wow, the pic and video of the show was fantastic! Now I can't wait to go.:)

19. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Yep. It's a must-go-to show.
    I wish they would change date to a milder season because its 95°-110°F.
    But with 1800-2000 cars, & a really good selection of HAMB friendly cars, I'm not complaining.
    Besides, I have to drive 5 min to park...
    I could walk to Old airport runway/dragstrip.:D
    So we really really appreciate the show, tourism, & badass hotrods this show brings to town.
    Would like to add a more organized HAMB Member meet&greet event this year.

20. A cant miss show! You will love every minute of it!

21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

got our room and thrashing away on the car to make sure we make it there in style ;)

Its the one show I always try to make and always have a good time, very warm but a good time. glad its next to a water park!

Looking forward to being there thursday for the parade/cruising this year :)

22. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

Bam, let us know more if you do a meet and greet.:)

23. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

If you live in the 4 state area, its worth the trip for sure.

24. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

25. Tomincanada

Tomincanada
    from b.c.

I haven't been to a car show in Salina ,ks. But there was a military school there when I was younger........

26. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Well, lets get the Salina (or KS) HAMB members together & host a KKOA HambBQ or some meet & greet? Locals pm me some ideas & we'll try to organize.

Attached Files:

27. MR K.

MR K.

Im in wisconsin...and told myself this year i am going to try that show. Booked my room months ago. Roadtrip!!! Cant wait!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. wkrpinnick

wkrpinnick
    from salina ks

Awesome idea

29. wkrpinnick

wkrpinnick
    from salina ks

Will get to drive the 47 this year

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  30. j3harleys

j3harleys

Went last year it was a great show and the park is a super place to hold it. You need to go to the Cozy Inn for some sliders they are great. But don't let them con you into joining KKOA. I did last year and never heard from them again no mag no news letter nothing. I Called them they said they were behind and never heard from them again so save your money