Register now to get rid of these ads!

We Love Sedan Deliveries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Big Ayers

Big Ayers

I remember a 56 Ford panel running around Arlington Tx when I lived there in the 80s white with blue and red flames looked like this but chrome reverses any one know if it still around or have pics thanx

Attached Files:

2. That's a panel and this thread is for sedan deliveries. There's a thread for panel's that might be a better option (I'd include a link but I'm not where I can find it easily). It's also out of the HAMB time period, but maybe someone will help. There's also a "memories of Dallas" with lots of TX folk on it.

---
    Sent from the pits of dispair app. Wirelessly, of course.

3. Big Ayers

Big Ayers

4. Found the thread:
    Dallas

Still hunting for the Panels thread...

5. ZAPPER68

ZAPPER68
    from BC

Well I'll be...a 53 ford sedan delivery, the first car I owned...bougth for $25 with money from my paper route and cutting grass..:cool:

6. Any pictures of it? V8 or 6?

7. slammed

slammed

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    droppedstepside likes this.
  8. alaska 53

alaska 53

Did you ever sell this car?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. raymay

raymay

A friend shared this picture of a 57 Chevy Sedan Delivery that WOOD make a real challenging build.

Attached Files:

10. My favorite Sedan deliveries:
    28-9, 32, 36 Ford
    57 Chevy

11. Seeing the Thames Sedan Deliveries on a previous page reminded me of more. First one used to mine. It went to Northern Iowa.

Attached Files:

Model T1 likes this.
  12. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Here is mine all done. I have pics of that 56 panel truck from the F-100 nats back in 1988.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  13. DualQuad55 likes this.
  14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Could this be considered a woody wagon?:rolleyes: :D

15. ZAPPER68

ZAPPER68
    from BC

V8...cracked block, likely from one of those nasty Canadian winters...LOL. I do have a couple pictures of it but I'm at work now and won't be home until the end of May. When I get home I'll dig through my 'stuff' and try to find them. When/if I do I'll post them ....

16. LPRS

LPRS

got most of the twisted up unibody cut out and a new frame built ...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Model T1 likes this.
  17. Liquid Wrench

Liquid Wrench
    from Maine

Wow!!!! Small world! Hey Scott, It's Kurt, the guy you bought the 57 from! Yes, that's correct, I had moved to Maine and needed the $$ for the house. That was June 2000. Still here and just getting back into Tri-fives. Glad to see you still have it. I hated to sell that car as it worked well and my Wife liked cruising in it with our old dog "Monroe" in the back. -Funny, I tried to look you up not long ago through your cousin Dave Clark (we ride dirtbikes together sometimes) I'll shoot you a PM. Kurt

oldtymehiboy and Model T1 like this.
  18. Can't believe this post escaped my attention! Just went through all 25 pages for the last few hours.Got my first sedan delivery in 1968 at Rampy Chevrolet in Ann Arbor Michigan. It was a 1960 Chevrolet sedan delivery that was formerly owned by the American Tobacco Company.Originally white it had been repainted official Chevrolet Ugh Tan without the benefit of sanding.Had dead bolts installed in the quarters to lock the side doors and one on the lift gate.Ran good but the front shocks were non-existant.Paid $150 for it and very carefully drove it back to my apartment.Installed new front shocks and drove it cross country a couple times;occasionally residing in it when necessary.
    Fixed it up and painted it in 1971 and drove it awhile longer until some idiot who was late for a softball game decided to head on me.Got another 60 for $25 but it was so rusted it wasn't worth fixing so both got junked.
    Today it would be a rare used car.
    My next one was one of several Pinto Cruisin' Vans I was to own.Even bought a Mercury Bobcat wagon and put panels on it along with a 302 under the hood.Merc hood set a little higher so radiator clearance wasn't a problem.
    Almost bought another one a couple years ago but had no place to put it and too many projects already going on.
    Here are a couple pics.

Attached Files:

19. That's the same deal as the 60 SD I had. When I got it, it was gun metal grey, still had the house door lock installed in the rear door same as yours. Would have liked to keep it but NHRA had just dumped the class I had bought it for. Talked to the guy I sold it to and he said he has just sold it after thirty or so years to a friend of his sons, and it's gonna be redone for another life once again.

20. Wow, safe to say you are a Sedan Delivery guy.

21. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/cto/4337528353.html

[​IMG]

This one showed up on our Craigslist. The seller called it a panel truck. It looks ruff but I don't see them anymore. Not mine and I don't know the seller. Just thought it was of interest.

Duane in Tennessee

Model T1 likes this.
  22. R W Ohio

R W Ohio
    from Ohio

23. biscaynes

biscaynes

Attached Files:

droppedstepside and Model T1 like this.
  24. I believe that is Dick Shroyer's Thames, is it not? Looks best in black.

droppedstepside likes this.
  25. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

26. R W Ohio

R W Ohio
    from Ohio

This is it in Rod Shop colors
    [​IMG]

droppedstepside and Model T1 like this.
  27. slammed

slammed